SiouxSports.com Forum

2018-2019 Recruiting

UND Fan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

So, how will the incoming recruits along with the transfers sitting out this year look to replace Hooker and Baldwin?  I would expect the two transfers to step in and contribute right away.  Kienan Walter should be able to put on some weight over the summer and add strength.

Who actually are the incoming recruits?  I know about Moody but don't know much about any others?

8 hours ago, UND92 said:

So, how will the incoming recruits along with the transfers sitting out this year look to replace Hooker and Baldwin?  I would expect the two transfers to step in and contribute right away.  Kienan Walter should be able to put on some weight over the summer and add strength.

Who actually are the incoming recruits?  I know about Moody but don't know much about any others?

This is info I posted about a month ago under 16-17 recruiting.  Buchanon is a 6'1" PG, Franken a 6'7" wing and Moody a 6'3", SG.

##################################

The three November signings are putting up some impressive numbers thus far this season:

Tray Buchanon,  United Township HS (22-4) - East Moline, IL

Averaging 21 ppg, leading team in assists and steals

Garrett Franken,  Atlantic HS (12-5) - Atlantic, IA

Averaging 24.4 ppg with 9.2 rebounds/game.. Shooting 50% from the floor, 38% on three's

Aanen Moody, Dickinson HS (15-1)

Averaging 32.5 while leading team in assists and steals

Great scoring from these guys (all guards/wings).  I don't think we have any scholarships available (right now, at least) but I sure wish we could find a talented big man to bring in for next season.

• 1 month later...
On 4/30/2017 at 9:46 PM, sioux24/7 said:

We have had some nice success in Iowa but it's honestly crazy how many Iowa kids we offer. 

Yeah, it seems a little over the top for me too.  Seales has been developing nicely it would appear.  Mcdermott flaked, and Brown, it's early, but has a long way to go if you ask me.   I realize we have connections there but sometimes you have to leave your comfort zone a bit.   I'm concerned a little bit in what seems to be a lack of interest in Minnesotans. We've had good success in the Twin Cities with Anderson, Q, and Geno.  I hope we are not neglecting an area (MSP) that has been very good to this program. 

1 hour ago, the green team said:

Yeah, it seems a little over the top for me too.  Seales has been developing nicely it would appear.  Mcdermott flaked, and Brown, it's early, but has a long way to go if you ask me.   I realize we have connections there but sometimes you have to leave your comfort zone a bit.   I'm concerned a little bit in what seems to be a lack of interest in Minnesotans. We've had good success in the Twin Cities with Anderson, Q, and Geno.  I hope we are not neglecting an area (MSP) that has been very good to this program. 

THIS^^^! When there isn't local North Dakota talent this needs to be our focus!

Another PG offer:

Jovan Blacksher, Jr., 6'1", 155, Phoenix (Shadow Mountain), CO  Has offers from UNC, Fresno St, UC-Davis & CS-Northridge

As a sophomore, Blacksher averaged about 16 pts, 6 assists and 5 steals per game at the 4A level in AZ.

1 hour ago, hoops44 said:

Terry 6'1" and holds Iowa offer

I believe that he is the son of former Valley City HS Mr. Basketball Tyrone Terry...not that it necessarily helps our cause but it's still interesting nonetheless...

2 hours ago, hoops44 said:

Terry 6'1" and holds Iowa offer

247 shows him having an offer from Nebraska. Nothing listed about Iowa, though maybe it just isn't up to date. Obviously the kid is getting some interest. I see Travis Bledsoe sent him a pro-UND tweet.

Edit: I see he received the Iowa offer on his twitter.

On 5/4/2017 at 2:49 PM, the green team said:

On 5/4/2017 at 4:19 PM, sioux24/7 said:

THIS^^^! When there isn't local North Dakota talent this needs to be our focus!

I don't mind recruiting Iowa. We have found some good talent there, but overall I agree. Twin Cities should be a big focus. Lots of good talent.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 3:09 PM, UND Fan said:

New '19 offer:

PF James Betz, 6'7", 210, Garner (Garner-Hayfield), IA  This appears to be his first offer.  He was 3rd team 2A All-State as a sophomore.

Betz verballed to UNI today.  He is likely to be a very good one for Ben!!