SiouxSports.com Forum

2018-2019 Recruiting

UND Fan

• 11 months later...
On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 8:05 AM, sioux24/7 said:

Also, incoming men's basketball freshman Billy Brown's sister. 

I recently talked to Billy - he is trying to convince his sister to commit but she would really like to play at IA St where she may or may not get an offer.  He says she is a better shooter than he is.

New offer:

C Aly Vanloo, 6'3", Beaver Dam (Beaver Dam), WI.  Averaged 6+pts and 3.5 rebounds on a loaded team that went undefeated and won the D2 title last winter.  Her first offer but I would guess a lot of folks will be after her in the next year or so. She plays AAU with North Tartan.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/21/2017 at 9:17 AM, UND Fan said:

New offer:

C Aly Vanloo, 6'3", Beaver Dam (Beaver Dam), WI.  Averaged 6+pts and 3.5 rebounds on a loaded team that went undefeated and won the D2 title last winter.  Her first offer but I would guess a lot of folks will be after her in the next year or so. She plays AAU with North Tartan.

• 1 month later...

Maggie Manson, a 5'7" SG from WF Sheyenne, has verballed to Coach Brew.  She led the state in 3 pointers last year as a sophomore.  An all around athlete - also good in golf and track.  She appears to be a very good "get" for the program!  Also good to continue to get good ND athletes.   

Dad and uncle played BB at SU.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 10:26 AM, UND Fan said:

Maggie Manson, a 5'7" SG from WF Sheyenne, has verballed to Coach Brew.  She led the state in 3 pointers last year as a sophomore.  An all around athlete - also good in golf and track.  She appears to be a very good "get" for the program!  Also good to continue to get good ND athletes.   

Dad and uncle played BB at SU.

I think Bart played at Minot State and Ross played at NDSU

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Brew pulled in a sister act it appears for next year.  Arnot sisters of Maranatha Academy in MN.  One is at Monmouth and must be transferring here.  The other just signed with them but must have been released.  

saw that on Twitter.  Don't know much about them.

38 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

saw that on Twitter.  Don't know much about them.

Jaclyn Jarnot was 2A first team all-state this past season.  She averaged 17.8 pts and 11.7 rebounds while playing all five positions for her team.  She is the all-time leading scorer and rebounder at Maranatha.  

Alaina was a sophomore at Monmouth.  She started about half their games but only averaged 3.2 pts in about 20 minutes per game.  She sure may blossom at UND but did not shoot well this last year.  FG % - under 30%, made only 16 of 69 3's and shot only 47% on FTs.

Looks like Jaclyn at 6-1 is a better prospect than the 5-7 Alaina(her shooting stats were not good at Monmouth).  Alaina appears to be more of a pass first shoot second guard.  My only concern is did we have to offer both sisters to get one(similar to the Dailey sisters).  Was UND the only Division 1 offer to Jaclyn since most of the other top seniors declare after their junior high school season?

7 hours ago, Jerry said:

Looks like Jaclyn at 6-1 is a better prospect than the 5-7 Alaina(her shooting stats were not good at Monmouth).  Alaina appears to be more of a pass first shoot second guard.  My only concern is did we have to offer both sisters to get one(similar to the Dailey sisters).  Was UND the only Division 1 offer to Jaclyn since most of the other top seniors declare after their junior high school season?

Jaclyn had committed to Monmouth which is a D1 program.

We had 14 players on the roster this year and lose one senior in Franklin leaving us with 13 players.  I am assuming Dooley is on a volleyball scholarship so that means we have 12 on scholarship now.  We are bringing in 4 freshmen - Rachel Garvey, Clarie Orth, Tia Nicholson, and Jaclyn Jarnot - which brings us to 16 players with 15 available scholarships.  It would appear to me some one is transferring out.