SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 - 2017 NHL Season

2 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Had they called a penalty I would of had no problem with it but there are so many more that are worse than that and don't get called. And for the refs not to kick Nyquist out of the game is beyond me. Something like that should be reviewable

Like I said, Nyquist should've received 5 and game and a flight to visit NHL brass. 

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Did anyone see the spear, called a slash(?), last night on Chara?
I'm no Bruins or Habs fan, but that should be a game short of what Nyquist gets --> point of stick blade intentionally targeted to "mid-section". Ow. 

Rule 62.

(Trying to find video.) 

Yeah, but what if it was within the flow of the game?:)

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

I have a problem with "love taps" like that.
It came the day a "love tap" like that broke loose a bone spur from a vertebrae in my back. 

By definition, a "love tap" like that is checking from behind and cross-checking. 

Sic is promoting the women's NCAA game in the NHL. :lol:

#nothanks

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, BigGreyAnt41 said:

So he's got the offer for an in-person meeting with the Department of Player Safety.  What does that mean right now?  Does he get to keep playing until he meets with them and they make their ruling?  How does that all work?

Means he'll get at least a 6 game vacation

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Sic is promoting the women's NCAA game in the NHL. :lol:

#nothanks

No. I want the rule book called.

Spurgeon's hit was dangerous. How do I know? The guy who received it felt the need to retaliate (and in the process went even further outside the rules). 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

North Dakota boys having a good game tonight.

Very good. But I hope you're including zajac in that comment. He scored tonight as well. Outpacing parise this season. I'm surprised people don't talk about him more often. He's had a solid career and is still only 31. He's a consistent solid player. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Very good. But I hope you're including zajac in that comment. He scored tonight as well. Outpacing parise this season. I'm surprised people don't talk about him more often. He's had a solid career and is still only 31. He's a consistent solid player. 

New Jersey has been bad for a while. That probably has a lot to do with him not getting talked about much. I have seen him on some lists for underappreciated players.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

New Jersey has been bad for a while. That probably has a lot to do with him not getting talked about much. I have seen him on some lists for underappreciated players.

True, good point. Also, I'll shut my mouth because toews got a hatty with two apples on the side. Schmaltz had a career night with a Gino and two apples. Nice! 

3 hours ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

True, good point. Also, I'll shut my mouth because toews got a hatty with two apples on the side. Schmaltz had a career night with a Gino and two apples. Nice! 

Zajac still rules!  Great Sioux player; may have even named my oldest son after him. :)