SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 - 2017 NHL Season

8 minutes ago, cberkas said:

The Canadians would be penalized if they don't have a goalie available, Lindgren is safe so get a goalie to be safe then sorry.

Gotcha.  Makes sense why the Bruins then signed Khudobin to a 2 year deal.  Although they've since waived him and he's now buried in the minors, so it looks like Zane might be the goalie they make available - unless he falls in the "All first- and second-year professionals, as well as all unsigned draft choices, will be exempt from selection (and will not be counted toward their club's applicable protection limits" category.  In that case, I have no idea how they'll handle this - maybe they'll have to recall Khudobin before the end of the season?  Man, this is interesting and will get fun once it comes time for this expansion draft!

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Ray77 said:

Here where, if my understanding is correct, Pittsburgh may be screwed.  Fleury has a Modified No Trade Clause, which I think means they have to protect him.  If so, since he's a protected goalie I don't believe they'd be able to protect 2 goales.  Unless Murray falls under this category:

* All first- and second-year professionals, as well as all unsigned draft choices, will be exempt from selection (and will not be counted toward their club's applicable protection limits).

This is a GREAT read, if you're looking to understand the upcoming expansion draft - Rules for 2017 Expansion Draft.  This upcoming June 17 - 20 when teams have to submit their lists and the Vegas franchise chooses their players is going to be fantastic to watch this all unfold!  If someone can figure out a way to do some kind of Fantasy game where we can project who the Vegas team will take I'd be in!  I'm not sure what that would look like or how you'd do it, especially since there will be such a short timeframe from when teams submit their lists and when Vegas chooses their players.  But this would be fun!

http://sinbin.vegas/clarification-definition-first-second-year-professionals/

• Upvote 2

On 1/17/2017 at 10:37 PM, DaveK said:

I'm happy that my favorite team won, but that was an embarrassing display of goaltending. 

PIT should not have won that game and not because of goaltending. 

The officials missed (OK, didn't call because no one could have missed that) a blatant trip by Crosby on Ovechkin just seconds into 3-on-3 OT. It should've been a 4-on-3 power play for WAS. 

I never believe the PIT/Crosby conspiracy theorists, but seeing something overt like that ... 

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

PIT should not have won that game and not because of goaltending. 

The officials missed (OK, didn't call because no one could have missed that) a blatant trip by Crosby on Ovechkin just seconds into 3-on-3 OT. It should've been a 4-on-3 power play for WAS. 

I never believe the PIT/Crosby conspiracy theorists, but seeing something overt like that ... 

That was as obvious as DaveK being a troll.

On 1/17/2017 at 10:37 PM, DaveK said:

I'm happy that my favorite team won, but that was an embarrassing display of goaltending. Can they please pull the plug on the Murray experiment already? The kid is an AHL caliber goalie, send him back down or at the very least keep him on the bench where he belongs. People can say what they will about Fleury. Yeah, he had a brutal 2nd/3rd period in Detroit this past Saturday. Yeah, he suffered through an uncharacteristic slump back in November. Yeah, he was the starting goalie for Penguin teams that lost in the playoffs in each season from 2009-10 through 2014-15. But at the end the day he is on pace to enter the NHL's all-time top five leaders in wins at some point within the next few years, so he must be doing something right.

I hate to break the news to you, but you've got two options for 2017-2018:

#1)  Buy a new "FLEURY" Vegas Golden Knights jersey

or

#2) Wait for the 50% off sale on "FLEURY" jerseys at Igloo Sporting Goods.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Has Parise ran out of steam or what? He's making Jagr seem like a yougin. 

He's looked good the last 2 games. Just not scoring. Hope the second half he starts contributing in the goal department. He and Coyle have been MIA 

14 minutes ago, DaveK said:

If you're right it'll go down in history as far and away the worst personnel move in the history of the Penguins franchise.

Don't bet against it. PIT will need the cap space because they have Murray signed for $3.75M starting in 2017-18.

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/penguins

Dave, seriously, look at their numbers. I gave you the link.

PIT is not carrying $9.5 million in goalies next season. Someone's gone and nobody is taking Murray for that ($3.75 million) money PIT has him signed for. You can do the math from there ... I hope. 

Congratulations to Jonathan Toews on becoming one of the NHL 100 Best!

In reviewing the list, I see 9 US college hockey players on the list, a bit better than I would have thought:

Chris Chelios - Wisconsin

Ken Dryden - Cornell

Tony Esposito - Michigan Tech

Brett Hull - UMD

Duncan Keith - Michigan State

Brian Leetch - Boston College

Joe Nieuwendyk - Cornell

Jonathan Toews - UND

Adam Oates - RPI

(Did I miss any?)

35 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Hitchcock out in St Louis. It's Yeo time. 

28 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Hmmmmmmmmmm.............def not an upgrade IMO.

And I believe Hitchcock was 1 game away from tying Al Arbour for third place in all time coaching wins.

18 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

An anomaly - but the hot rumor is that whites are back in at home next season.  

Thank god, the NHL got something right for once. Dark jerseys at home was an awful idea, I don't mind if they where the darks at home once and awhile.

Now just to fix this shootout thing and overtime (I feel like 3x3 overtime is a gimmick, but I do like what the NCHC does).