SiouxSports.com Forum

New Logo on Helmets

UND-FB-FAN

1 minute ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Looks very nice. Logo looks sharp on these helmets. Should be a fine look this fall that fans can rally around, especially if the squad is winning. 

I'm excited to see what they end up doing. I have a feeling they will either use the new ND by itself, the hawk by itself, or use the full logo on one side. I can't imagine they would put on a hawk facing backwards.

12 minutes ago, GreenWing said:

My personal favorite.  Clean and simple.

Screenshot_2016-06-26-22-06-22-1.png

Ask 100 folks what that is and I bet you'll hear:

Snow Falcons

Space Ghosts

White Blobs

I'm sorry, if this is "branding" the university, it needs something else.  Are we the University of North Dakota Snow Hawks now?

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Snow Falcons

Space Ghosts

White Blobs

I'm sorry, if this is "branding" the university, it needs something else.  Are we the University of North Dakota Snow Hawks now?

Patience my friend. It will take time and success to make it household name. But a couple championships will do wonders for the branding and name recognition. I would have been in favor for either snow Hawks or space ghosts over f'n hawks!

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Snow Falcons

Space Ghosts

White Blobs

No no no, it's a Peacemaking Dove.   They were thinking of including the olive branch, but the leaves look a little too much like a headdress.

Thanks Ed!

dove-with-olive-branch.jpg

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, GreenWing said:

Patience my friend. It will take time and success to make it household name. But a couple championships will do wonders for the branding and name recognition. 

Had I known it was as easy as the football team winning a half-dozen NCAA football national championships for everyone to stop confusing UND with NDSU, I'd give this my seal of approval.  Maybe the school can toss in three or four men's and women's NCAA basketball championships too in order to help the cause.

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

Had I known it was as easy as the football team winning a half-dozen NCAA football national championships for everyone to stop confusing UND with NDSU, I'd give this my seal of approval.  Maybe the school can toss in three or four men's and women's NCAA basketball championships too in order to help the cause.

Fair point. I wonder if Montana and Montana St. have that problem.

On 6/27/2016 at 0:31 AM, Siouxphan27 said:

No no no, it's a Peacemaking Dove.   They were thinking of including the olive branch, but the leaves look a little too much like a headdress.

Thanks Ed!

dove-with-olive-branch.jpg

Oh get over it. It's not a dove or a seagull. Next you'll be bucking for this to be the new fight song. 

21 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I'd really like to see UND go with the new logo on one side of the helmet and the payers number on the other along with a stripe(s) down the middle of it as well.  Would look great!

I'm totally on board with the logo on one side....Steelers style.  Number on the other side or blank is fine with me.

I dont read it as a dove...but i do get "bald eagle" out of it.  That's why i liked adding some black tips to thise feathers.  Just define it as NOT a bald eagle.

but i do like the logo as it stands, too.  I'd bet $2 that when used on uniforms or helmets they get some sort of outline treatment.

45 minutes ago, 77iceman said:

I dont read it as a dove...but i do get "bald eagle" out of it.  That's why i liked adding some black tips to thise feathers.  Just define it as NOT a bald eagle.

but i do like the logo as it stands, too.  I'd bet $2 that when used on uniforms or helmets they get some sort of outline treatment.

$2 dollar bills? Be careful throwing Jeffersons around like that