283 members have voted

1. 1. Grade the new Fighting Hawks logo

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

5 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

Yea, you're either going to piss off the people that live in the real world or you're going to offend someone and hurt their feelings which the real world doesn't care if it does anyways because it's the real f'n world!

I'm offended by that statement, Emerald joker.  I demand an immediate retraction and apology.  I'm not sure why, but I do.  I'll be in my safe space awaiting your PM.  

12 hours ago, ArchyAlum11 said:

Lol, no I got plenty of that thanks, My first loyalty will always be to UND, but I have a Lot of love for Minnesota State. MNSU gave me the opportunity to earn my Masters and grow academically. If it weren't for my time at Minnesota State I wouldn't be working and living abroad now.

Did you see Tim Jackman is back there finishing his college degree and also on the coaching staff?

Cool stuff.

http://www.mankatofreepress.com/sports/former-msu-hockey-player-jackman-going-back-to-school/article_c5746d2a-63fb-11e6-a21e-3b3e5c635f0b.html

6 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I'm offended by that statement, Emerald joker.  I demand an immediate retraction and apology.  I'm not sure why, but I do.  I'll be in my safe space awaiting your PM.  

LMFAO, I'll think about it and get back to you, meanwhile you should probly just stay in your safe space, make sure it's sanitized first

• 8 months later...
On 6/22/2016 at 9:17 PM, The Sicatoka said:

Tom Clifford: he didn't get signed agreements with the tribes and had the best relationships.

No. No ... 

Leigh Jeanotte, rabble-rouser-supreme.

No. No ... 

The NCAA. 

No. No ... 

Wayne Stenehjem? Bob Kelley? The Standing Rock and Spirit Lake tribes? 

I'm through trying to fix the blame (because there's more than enough to go around). 

Speaking of Jeanotte

Good riddance

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Speaking of Jeanotte

Good riddance

Have dealt with many, many individuals at UND over the years. He was easily the biggest tool I ever came across at UND.  UND is a much better place now that his racist a** is off campus!!!  He was UND's version of Jesse Jackson.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/17/2020 at 10:20 AM, zonadub said:

To bump an old story... in these times without sports competition...

funny how the imagery is offensive when it’s UND’s nickname and logo, but the removal of the image from the DOT signage is lamented by Standing Rock, et al.

I dont have the mental or psychological strength right now to revisit this crap again.

Is what it is. Logo was good. now it's !@#$. 

Didnt really matter either way this year.

I need some TP.

• Upvote 2

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/17/2020 at 10:20 AM, zonadub said:

To bump an old story... in these times without sports competition...

funny how the imagery is offensive when it’s UND’s nickname and logo, but the removal of the image from the DOT signage is lamented by Standing Rock, et al.

What are you referring to?

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

What are you referring to?

again, an old story... but tired of all the coronavirus self-quarantining.

"It's a mistake to end the signs in 2016, especially when we're inducting this man in to the Native American Hall of Honor. It sends a double message for the state of North Dakota," says LaDonna Brave Bull Allard, tribal historian.”

https://www.kfyrtv.com/content/news/NDDOT-removing-Native-American-imagery-from-highway-signs-387855012.html

13 minutes ago, zonadub said:

again, an old story... but tired of all the coronavirus self-quarantining.

"It's a mistake to end the signs in 2016, especially when we're inducting this man in to the Native American Hall of Honor. It sends a double message for the state of North Dakota," says LaDonna Brave Bull Allard, tribal historian.”

https://www.kfyrtv.com/content/news/NDDOT-removing-Native-American-imagery-from-highway-signs-387855012.html

Thanks for posting that.  Not all of us out-of-staters are aware of news like this.  

58 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Thanks for posting that.  Not all of us out-of-staters are aware of news like this.  

I’m out of state too. Just remember something about that being posted before.

thought it might be something other than coronavirus to talk about.

Lived in Bismarck for 4 years toward the end of the “controversy”. Worked with a Sioux lady and another who was married to a Sioux man. Neither of them thought the Sioux logo was disrespectful. The young Sioux in town often could be seen wearing the Brien logo, they obviously did not feel it was disrespectful. But, I did not meet Ron HNIThunder. ;)

I just think it is ‘interesting’ that the spearhead of the movement to remove the name and logo was a Chippewa.