279 members have voted

1. 1. Grade the new Fighting Hawks logo

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

1 hour ago, DamStrait said:

The problem is not the logo - the problem is the name.  

This is a big part of it, they were already hamstrung on what they were working with. On top of that, all the focus groups were very clear to SME that the new logo not be a cartoon, be clean/simple and have some sort of determination type look. This input was pretty much a consensus from every stakeholder group.

14 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

This is a big part of it, they were already hamstrung on what they were working with. On top of that, all the focus groups were very clear to SME that the new logo not be a cartoon, be clean/simple and have some sort of determination type look. This input was pretty much a consensus from every stakeholder group.

We somehow got a hawk logo that is easily identifiable as UND's, and not anyone else's, logo.  It isn't "just another bird," but now people are calling for UND to switch to "just another bird" logo.  I don't get it.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!! said:

You can't please the masses.

Yea, you're either going to piss off the people that live in the real world or you're going to offend someone and hurt their feelings which the real world doesn't care if it does anyways because it's the real f'n world!

5 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

Yea, you're either going to piss off the people that live in the real world or you're going to offend someone and hurt their feelings which the real world doesn't care if it does anyways because it's the real f'n world!

I'm offended by that statement, Emerald joker.  I demand an immediate retraction and apology.  I'm not sure why, but I do.  I'll be in my safe space awaiting your PM.  

12 hours ago, ArchyAlum11 said:

Lol, no I got plenty of that thanks, My first loyalty will always be to UND, but I have a Lot of love for Minnesota State. MNSU gave me the opportunity to earn my Masters and grow academically. If it weren't for my time at Minnesota State I wouldn't be working and living abroad now.

Did you see Tim Jackman is back there finishing his college degree and also on the coaching staff?

Cool stuff.

http://www.mankatofreepress.com/sports/former-msu-hockey-player-jackman-going-back-to-school/article_c5746d2a-63fb-11e6-a21e-3b3e5c635f0b.html

6 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I'm offended by that statement, Emerald joker.  I demand an immediate retraction and apology.  I'm not sure why, but I do.  I'll be in my safe space awaiting your PM.  

LMFAO, I'll think about it and get back to you, meanwhile you should probly just stay in your safe space, make sure it's sanitized first

On 6/22/2016 at 9:17 PM, The Sicatoka said:

Tom Clifford: he didn't get signed agreements with the tribes and had the best relationships.

No. No ... 

Leigh Jeanotte, rabble-rouser-supreme.

No. No ... 

The NCAA. 

No. No ... 

Wayne Stenehjem? Bob Kelley? The Standing Rock and Spirit Lake tribes? 

I'm through trying to fix the blame (because there's more than enough to go around). 

Speaking of Jeanotte

Good riddance

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Speaking of Jeanotte

Good riddance

Have dealt with many, many individuals at UND over the years. He was easily the biggest tool I ever came across at UND.  UND is a much better place now that his racist a** is off campus!!!  He was UND's version of Jesse Jackson.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, WiSioux said:

Not gonna lie... I always assumed Leigh was a female.... Oops

maybe just identifies as one. That is what you get for assuming someone's gender these days.