283 members have voted

1. 1. Grade the new Fighting Hawks logo

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

15 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

if the webpage for the men's bball team isn't updated within a week then who should take the blame then?

Wow! You seem to have an issue with Jayson that seems highly petty and misguided. When the Men's BB scores don't get posted you would contact Ryan Powell. Not a hard concept to grasp. You're trying to manufacture a crisis when there isn't one. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Goon said:

Wow! You seem to have an issue with Jayson that seems highly petty and misguided. When the Men's BB scores don't get posted you would contact Ryan Powell. Not a hard concept to grasp. You're trying to manufacture a crisis when there isn't one. 

didn't know ryan powell was higher up in the adepartment than jason?  wasn't aware that ryan was the SID at UND. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

didn't know ryan powell was higher up in the adepartment than jason?  wasn't aware that ryan was the SID at UND. 

When you screw up at work do people talk to your boss first or do they bring it up with you first? Why bring Jayson into it when a simple email to Ryan would likely have the result you want. That is, unless the result you want is to get Jayson in trouble too because you have some sort of vendetta against him. 

Jayson spoke with his staff about it after it happened. Ryan forgot to do it after a couple games while doing the rest of his post-game duties. Jayson addressed it and it's not an issue now. 

• Upvote 2

Powell's in charge of MBB. 

Here is who's who in terms of people and responsibilities. 

http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13500&ATCLID=3683583&DB_OEM_ID=13500

If you have a question about what's going on in your kid's classroom at school, do you ask the teacher, or go directly to the principal? Hint: Ask the teacher. If you don't get a satisfactory answer, then you go to the principal. 

Closing thought: Powell's responsibilities include MBB ... and FB. I'm sure getting the MBB page updated is priority in mid-August with the start of FB just around the corner. Ask geaux_sioux about that, I'm sure he'll have an opinion. ;)

2 hours ago, UND1981 said:

Who would buy new merchandise if this was the FH logo?

fightinghawk logo.png

Is that star under the beak supposed to be the outline of North Dakota and Grand Forks?

Good to know UND is now located in Edinburg, in a rectangleish area that doesn't look like North Dakota.

Also, way too much grey.  Especially with the beak and the outline being the same color.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, southpaw said:

Is that star under the beak supposed to be the outline of North Dakota and Grand Forks?

Good to know UND is now located in Edinburg, in a rectangleish area that doesn't look like North Dakota.

Also, way too much grey.  Especially with the beak and the outline being the same color.

Agreed on all counts.  Not a bad attempt at all, but still needs some fixing.

10 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Buying some new Mavericks gear instead?

Lol, no I got plenty of that thanks, My first loyalty will always be to UND, but I have a Lot of love for Minnesota State. MNSU gave me the opportunity to earn my Masters and grow academically. If it weren't for my time at Minnesota State I wouldn't be working and living abroad now.

1 hour ago, DamStrait said:

The problem is not the logo - the problem is the name.  

This is a big part of it, they were already hamstrung on what they were working with. On top of that, all the focus groups were very clear to SME that the new logo not be a cartoon, be clean/simple and have some sort of determination type look. This input was pretty much a consensus from every stakeholder group.

14 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

This is a big part of it, they were already hamstrung on what they were working with. On top of that, all the focus groups were very clear to SME that the new logo not be a cartoon, be clean/simple and have some sort of determination type look. This input was pretty much a consensus from every stakeholder group.

We somehow got a hawk logo that is easily identifiable as UND's, and not anyone else's, logo.  It isn't "just another bird," but now people are calling for UND to switch to "just another bird" logo.  I don't get it.

• Upvote 4