283 members have voted

1. 1. Grade the new Fighting Hawks logo

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

7 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Bubba always gives the most heartfelt, honest, straightforward speeches. We are so fortunate to have him.

And he says he is embracing the new logo. Someone on here want to tell him he is wrong?

Sure.  I'd tell him that.  Respectfully, of course.  The football team never embraced the University's logo in the past and there was no need to do it now.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

When there are avatars out there that are better, it is frustrating that this is what they come up with.  If you wanted the nickname to take hold, this was the blandest way to try accomplish that. Not horrible, but is that what we set out to do.  Apparently, that is what we set out to do for this whole screwed up process, find the least offensive logo and name.  None of their criteria was met with either the name or logo, but then again, that is what we were told from the get go that we would get. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Bubba always gives the most heartfelt, honest, straightforward speeches. We are so fortunate to have him.

And he says he is embracing the new logo. Someone on here want to tell him he is wrong?

He's a company man... it's his job.  What else would you expect from him?

Shocked is my only response.  What else can you say about something this bad.

Although I wanted no logo I was hopeful that the logo would change my mind.  This just leaves a sick feeling in my stomach.

4 minutes ago, mksioux said:

Sure.  I'd tell him that.  Respectfully, of course.  The football team never embraced the University's logo in the past and there was no need to do it now.  

The football team had the ND on their helmets.  They'll continue to do that.

11 minutes ago, hrkac said:

It's about as generic as you can get.

Agreed.  Nice thing is it doesn't look stupid, IMO, so that's good.  But not terribly inspiring either.   I'd rather have the image itself vs. the ND tacked on to it.  That doesn't really appear congruous

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, mksioux said:

it is VERY disappointing this thing will be on the football helmets.  The Sioux logo was never on the football helmet.  There was no need for the football team to make that kind of drastic change. 

Bubba is doing what he thinks is right in trying to move the university and fans forward.

We had the interlocking ND on our helmets for a long time.

Just now, Blackheart said:

SME going to refund some of the development money for this thing?  Must have taken them at least a couple hours.

Would be interesting to see the other options they came up with that didn't make the cut.