SiouxSports.com Forum

Flip the bird...a name

NoiseInsideMyHead

54 minutes ago, ArchyAlum11 said:

How about we just forgo the cartoon mascot, I still hate the fact that the wild created that marketing abomination named Nordy.

Then what do you buy the kids?  Serious question.  And how do you enhance the game day experience for the crowd?  More raunchy chants and "Fire [president name here]" banners?  The stoic, expressionless, all-business logo is history - can UND not turn the page?  Please?

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Then what do you buy the kids?  Serious question.  And how do you enhance the game day experience for the crowd?  More raunchy chants and "Fire [president name here]" banners?  The stoic, expressionless, all-business logo is history - can UND not turn the page?  Please?

There will not be a mascot. End. of. story.

7 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

There will not be a mascot. Print it.

Sad...that Capital One banner would look mighty nice hanging next to the hockey one.

Why must UND take itself so seriously?  News flash: North Dakota is not special.

EDIT:  I recently started a separate thread for a mascot discussion...these posts probably belong there.

• Downvote 3

3 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Sad...that Capital One banner would look mighty nice hanging next to the hockey one.

Why must UND take itself so seriously?  News flash: North Dakota is not special.

EDIT:  I recently started a separate thread for a mascot discussion...these posts probably belong there.

I disagree. But whatever, buddy. Why should a respected program with the tradition we have in all sports have it? Absolutely not necessary. There's a million ways to enhance game day experience without a mascot. There's turning the page and then there's coloring said page in neon colors, covering it in balloon animals and turning it into a clown show. Why?