SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U diaries

Vegas_Sioux

With NDSU beginning to get a rash of knee injuries I hope everyone will stop questioning what UND is doing strength-wise.  We kept hearing about how "NDSU never gets these type of injuries constantly...".  

Their strength guy does nothing different than anyone else, they were just lucky to only have an isolated injury 1-2 times a year through their run.  Kramer started with good players and they became even better players under his watch.  Also, we can stop the "Kramer-Treatment" BS now.  Nothing can stop a fluke knee or achilles injury from happening.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UND-1 said:

With NDSU beginning to get a rash of knee injuries I hope everyone will stop questioning what UND is doing strength-wise.  We kept hearing about how "NDSU never gets these type of injuries constantly...".  

Their strength guy does nothing different than anyone else, they were just lucky to only have an isolated injury 1-2 times a year through their run.  Kramer started with good players and they became even better players under his watch.  Also, we can stop the "Kramer-Treatment" BS now.  Nothing can stop a fluke knee or achilles injury from happening.

I believe overwhelmingly in the fact that these injuries are largely a fluke outside of anyone's control...but if there was one factor in Fargo that could contribute to NDSU's injury issues this year I'd say it was fatigue from playing 15+ games per year over the last several years.  I don't think that's causing these issues but that's a whole extra season of wear and tear over a career that has to have some effect, even if it's not on knees.

I feel terrible for Mr. DeLuca though...he's a great player.  To potentially lose two seasons due to two completely unrelated injuries stinks.  I know it's part of the game...but you never want to see that for any athlete.  I hope he can heal up well and get back on the field...whenever that may be.

On 9/5/2017 at 7:52 AM, geaux_sioux said:

Dude. Did you watch EWU last weekend?

Exactly. Before the season started we probably all thought the EWU - NDSU game was going to be a good one, but I think it is more likely that NDSU wins by 20 than it is likely that the game close and comes down to the last possession.  EWU may be out of the top 10 after this week unless their offense figures things out in a hurry.  I'm sure they will work out some kinks during the year and get better, but based on last week doubt they are scoring 30 this week against NDSU.  

55 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Exactly. Before the season started we probably all thought the EWU - NDSU game was going to be a good one, but I think it is more likely that NDSU wins by 20 than it is likely that the game close and comes down to the last possession.  EWU may be out of the top 10 after this week unless their offense figures things out in a hurry.  I'm sure they will work out some kinks during the year and get better, but based on last week doubt they are scoring 30 this week against NDSU.  

The scary thing about them is in the past they've looked like trash and then flipped a 180 and dominated teams. Until they prove to be consistently terrible this year I'll be just waiting for them to explode and be the offensive buzzsaw we all fear.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
23 hours ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Three Bison players dismissed from team for violation of team rules, another suspended one game

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/4365448-three-bison-players-dismissed-team-violation-team-rules-another-suspended-one-game

I knew it, but checked my sources anyway.  Smoke a little smoke, so does SU drug test on it's own or was this playoff related?  And, if you play, you get 1 game, but if you are a scrub, you're done.  I will dig deeper to get these answers.

3 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

I knew it, but checked my sources anyway.  Smoke a little smoke, so does SU drug test on it's own or was this playoff related?  And, if you play, you get 1 game, but if you are a scrub, you're done.  I will dig deeper to get these answers.

May as well, not like you have a football game to worry about perry mason

21 hours ago, Texas rancher said:

May as well, not like you have a football game to worry about perry mason

This was pretty off-topic... the topic of this thread is NDSU, and taunting UND's performance to distract from that could be considered trolling. We also could have done without the responses to this.

Everyone back to NDSU football, please. Thanks!

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...