Vegas_Sioux

Moo U diaries

1,942 posts in this topic

On 3/5/2017 at 7:30 PM, UND-FB-FAN said:

Let's be careful not to temper expectations too much. Yes, winning a regular season title is a big deal, but winning a tournament championship and reaching the dance is FAR MORE IMPORTANT due to exposure potential with the NCAA tournament. I know I may be going too far with this, but just to illustrate a point, UND shouldn't cancel their plans to attend Reno and the BSC tournament. Jones and his team need to execute under pressure AND expectations (they are the #1 seed, in fact) and win the conference tournament or else, essentially, they have choked. You can't set half-way goals and expect for the entirety of accomplishments to happen. Raise expectations a bit and expect the #1 seed UND Fighting Hawks to represent the Big Sky Conference as the #1 Big Sky Conference team in the NCAA tournament. 

EDIT: Oh, and lastly, let's not try to raise NDSU on a pedestal by saying their 20+ point loss to IUPUI was just a fluke. NDSU put themselves in a position to lose badly and that happened. UND shouldn't let that happen at the conference tournament or else they too (coaches and/or players) deserve some level of constructive criticism. 

I'm not trying to temper expectations, what I am trying to say is that regular season and playoff season are different and neither should be regarded as "squat" in regards to the other.  We are a winner-oriented society and tend to regard only the ultimate 'winner' as worthy of praise.  At what level of achievement do we say "well done" to a team and program instead labeling as "choke" falling short of that ultimate goal.  We sometimes forget that the other team is trying too and that they may have some talent as well.

Is ndsu looking to save money by running off their whole men's basketball team? Four players have left the program since the season ended including the starting point guard. That's on top of one of their players quitting in the middle of the season last year before being let back on a week later. Offense must be to high tempo for them and they can't handle it. 

On 3/5/2017 at 4:59 PM, SiouxVolley said:

In fairness to the bizons, mbb, W soccer , and W softball have pulled a trifecta.  Wbb is lower attended now than those other women's sports so it doesn't count.  VB isn't doing much better, after their raging feminazi assist AD fired their male coach.

Dont forget M & W Track and Field, indoors and outdoors. Not to mention cross country. Whole bunch of championships there.

2 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Is ndsu looking to save money by running off their whole men's basketball team? Four players have left the program since the season ended including the starting point guard. That's on top of one of their players quitting in the middle of the season last year before being let back on a week later. Offense must be to high tempo for them and they can't handle it. 

It seems the kid has some people in his ear.

5 hours ago, bison73 said:

So he will be back than like the last kid that left the team with people in his ear

6 hours ago, bison73 said:

Tough to believe that's the only problem when 1/3 of your roster has quit the team at one point. But if you'd like to put your head in the sand and think there isn't a trend, then go for it. 

I like Dave Richman but my guess is his offense is why Khy is out. Honestly if Jones is in a recruiting battle for a guard with NDSU, just put on some game tape and it should be over. Do you want to run the weave for 25 seconds or do you want to get up and down and play pick and roll basketball. NDSU's roster next year does not look good right now.

I think Khy would thrive at UND in our offense but doubt NDSU would let him go here. 

The counter argument to this is that if they were headaches, with players that are more "for the team" it will make them better.

We have seen before what happens with a few bad attitudes can do to a locker room.

9 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

The counter argument to this is that if they were headaches, with players that are more "for the team" it will make them better.

Addition by subtraction. 

7 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Tough to believe that's the only problem when 1/3 of your roster has quit the team at one point. But if you'd like to put your head in the sand and think there isn't a trend, then go for it. 

I made no comment about the others leaving. Just the one. 

8 hours ago, homer said:

So he will be back than like the last kid that left the team with people in his ear

Dupree was I totally different thing. Girl friend pregnant etc.

7 hours ago, nodakhoops said:

I like Dave Richman but my guess is his offense is why Khy is out. Honestly if Jones is in a recruiting battle for a guard with NDSU, just put on some game tape and it should be over. Do you want to run the weave for 25 seconds or do you want to get up and down and play pick and roll basketball. NDSU's roster next year does not look good right now.

I think Khy would thrive at UND in our offense but doubt NDSU would let him go here. 

Dont know what the issues are but there is something not going right. I think you are correct that the style of play is hampering some of these kids and to be truthful its not exactly the most exciting for the fans. Its boring as hell.

16 hours ago, jdub27 said:

One guy was a walk on, two of the others were not going to play(some of it was out their control with injuries), Khy is the real surprise. 

Guess we've located at least one spot where NDSU is cutting funds. Their lame duck volleyball coach, who was already told her contract won't be renewed after this coming season, is leaving to take the head coaching job with Southern Illinois of the MVC. It looks like SIU has consistently had been in the upper half of the conference and had an RPI of 71 this past season, so they are definitely no bottom dweller.

Instead of doing a national search now, they are waiting until the end of next season and choosing to put the interim tag on a current assistant coach who's resume includes 2 year's on NDSU's bench and 2 years coaching Fargo high schools (though she is a successful former NDSU player). 

13 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Guess we've located at least one spot where NDSU is cutting funds. Their lame duck volleyball coach, who was already told her contract won't be renewed after this coming season, is leaving to take the head coaching job with Southern Illinois of the MVC. It looks like SIU has consistently had been in the upper half of the conference and had an RPI of 71 this past season, so they are definitely no bottom dweller.

Instead of doing a national search now, they are waiting until the end of next season and choosing to put the interim tag on a current assistant coach who's resume includes 2 year's on NDSU's bench and 2 years coaching Fargo high schools (though she is a successful former NDSU player). 

Just proves they don't care about women's sports. Are the Title 9 people still around?

#buttfootball

14 hours ago, jdub27 said:

FU's talking head said it's a win/win for everyone.  Hard hitting journalism by Kolpack.  

How is going from a lame duck coach to and interim coach a win?  Wouldn't happen in any men's sport.  

8 hours ago, homer said:

FU's talking head said it's a win/win for everyone.  Hard hitting journalism by Kolpack.  

How is going from a lame duck coach to and interim coach a win?  Wouldn't happen in any men's sport.  

Maybe he thinks A-Rod will move to Fargo now; so he's excited about that.