SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U diaries

Vegas_Sioux

3 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Academics took hits "over 10%" but (one small, 5% of Athletics, budget line item in) Athletics took a 40% cut! 

That is world-class spin. 

And the local media bought it. 

No one in the Fargo media has balls to ask a tough question or state any facts.  The best part was WDAY, stating athletics is taking a 40% cut than following that with a story on student uncertainty about what is being cut and what students will lose. 

Imagine if they'd state the facts that athletics is only cutting 1.8% and the rest will be coming from money meant to fund academics and than ran that story. 

14 minutes ago, homer said:

No one in the Fargo media has balls to ask a tough question or state any facts.  The best part was WDAY, stating athletics is taking a 40% cut than following that with a story on student uncertainty about what is being cut and what students will lose. 

Imagine if they'd state the facts that athletics is only cutting 1.8% and the rest will be coming from money meant to fund academics and than ran that story. 

The $ in college atheletics can be really challening to get out in the open. The report to the NCAA is just that a report to NCAA, not a true accounting of what actually happens in house. This budget reduction could shed some light on how atheletic departments are run in this state.

I'll use one illustration to make another point. If we cut all sports, what effect would that have on all future donations to UND (most donations to UND go to the acedemic side, not atheletics)? 

Be interesting to get on here:

What the alumni association brings to the table on a yearly basis, where these donations are going. UND has $230M endowment, NDSU has $138M. UMinn has $3.28B.

What The Ralph does with the $ and how that intereacts with the atheletic department. Season tickets have ticket price and donations combined? 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, homer said:

Oh the humanity. Lol. You guys have been yapping about how ndsu didn't have a plan and how we were in big trouble etcetcetc. Now when it comes out that we are in a strong position like I said you are howling. Omg there must be something wrong. How did they do that . Some one yell conspiracy. 

I would think with the issues you guys have I would be more concerned about that.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Oh the humanity. Lol. You guys have been yapping about how ndsu didn't have a plan and how we were in big trouble etcetcetc. Now when it comes out that we are in a strong position like I said you are howling. Omg there must be something wrong. How did they do that . Some one yell conspiracy. 

I would think with the issues you guys have I would be more concerned about that.

I view this as an opportunity for UND to cut some sports and right size their athletic dept.  I do find it funny that FU keeps telling the media they aren't cutting sports but fails to mention the ramifications of them cutting a sport.  They aren't cutting anything because the FBS dream would be gone.  

Anyway, keep raising ticket prices.  Get it while you can.  Raise them another $5 while your at it to start raising money to fix the shortcuts in the SHAC.  

30 minutes ago, bison73 said:

I am more amused that "the big plan" is to cut 1.8% of the athletics budget and then sell it to the public as a huge sacrifice because a small line item, not the entire budget, is being "slashed" 40%. Pretty smart strategy assuming the Fargo media doesn't actually follow up on anything (:lol:).  I'm not sure where you keep getting the "strong position" thing from. NDSU athletics apparently requires around a 10% direct state subsidy allocation and the University itself still has to cut around $22 million dollars, which it apparently is going to do with minimal help from the athletic department, meaning that academics and student support is going to take the brunt of it.

What are the "issues" that UND has that people aren't concerned about? There has been plenty of talk on here and very open dialogue by the administration on budget issues and how they are being addressed. The majority here are happy UND is finally looking at right-sizing the athletic department.

2 hours ago, jdub27 said:

I am more amused that "the big plan" is to cut 1.8% of the athletics budget and then sell it to the public as a huge sacrifice because a small line item, not the entire budget, is being "slashed" 40%. Pretty smart strategy assuming the Fargo media doesn't actually follow up on anything (:lol:).  I'm not sure where you keep getting the "strong position" thing from. NDSU athletics apparently requires around a 10% direct state subsidy allocation and the University itself still has to cut around $22 million dollars, which it apparently is going to do with minimal help from the athletic department, meaning that academics and student support is going to take the brunt of it.

What are the "issues" that UND has that people aren't concerned about? There has been plenty of talk on here and very open dialogue by the administration on budget issues and how they are being addressed. The majority here are happy UND is finally looking at right-sizing the athletic department.

You guys need to make up your mind. First you brag about the opportunity you offer and then in the same breath you complain about having too many sports and they are killing you and some have to be cut.  Make up your mind. Lol

45 minutes ago, bison73 said:

You guys need to make up your mind. First you brag about the opportunity you offer and then in the same breath you complain about having too many sports and they are killing you and some have to be cut.  Make up your mind. Lol

I think they both can be true. We can cut sports and still be better than bottom 10 in NCAA for funding women's opportunities vs men's.  

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

How's  the remodeled BSA getting wider seats and aisles to fit in the Bison fatties that are complaining so fiercely if the budget gets cut?  Lord have Mercy! 

How is your FBS move working for you?:lol:

The size of the seats(depth not width) is a problem as they are too big-long for the platforms. When the original seats were switched to the bigger padded seats because thats what the donor wanted the installing company didnt inform NDSU that they needed to go to the bigger-longer platform.

As you can see you are way off base again.

56 minutes ago, bison73 said:

How is your FBS move working for you?:lol:

The size of the seats(depth not width) is a problem as they are too big-long for the platforms. When the original seats were switched to the bigger padded seats because thats what the donor wanted the installing company didnt inform NDSU that they needed to go to the bigger-longer platform.

As you can see you are way off base again.

The bizon engineers pride themselves in project management, but guess who screws up the biggest ndsu project in years, as it can't accommodate the fans fat a**es.   Can't write a better script.

Liberty got a waiver for FBS, as the NCAA knew its rule wouldnt stand up to legal scrutiny, which your many fellow trolls said on here would never happen.  It's just a matter of time before Jacksonville St, Youngstown St, JMU,  Delaware, Stony Brook, Albany, UNH, Sam Houston St, Lamar, Wichita St and maybe more apply for the same waiver.  We will all be in an effective DII in football again.

1 hour ago, SiouxVolley said:

The bizon engineers pride themselves in project management, but guess who screws up the biggest ndsu project in years, as it can't accommodate the fans fat a**es.   Can't write a better script.

Liberty got a waiver for FBS, as the NCAA knew its rule wouldnt stand up to legal scrutiny, which your many fellow trolls said on here would never happen.  It's just a matter of time before Jacksonville St, Youngstown St, JMU,  Delaware, Stony Brook, Albany, UNH, Sam Houston St, Lamar, Wichita St and maybe more apply for the same waiver.  We will all be in an effective DII in football again.

You just keep making stuff up as you go along.:silly: 

You do realize that you have no credibility and no matter what you say you cant wipe out all of the half truths, lies and false predictions youve conjured up????

2 hours ago, bison73 said:

You just keep making stuff up as you go along.:silly: 

You do realize that you have no credibility and no matter what you say you cant wipe out all of the half truths, lies and false predictions youve conjured up????

You seem to fail in thinking things through.  A belt size increase isn't just due to an increase in width, but depth too.  Pot bellies and big posteriors add to the diffulty of bizons getting to their seats and finding them very uncomfortable to manuever in.

You and your fellow trolls have been insisting FCS will be stable for the foreseeable future.  Liberty revealed it as a lie, but you won't admit it because you know ndsu can't afford to move up now.  A WAC FBS may not appear like I've been foretelling, but I am sure that NMSU coach Weir and Seattle coach Dollar's views are better than your sausage based "wisdom" that says it doesn't have a chance.  FCS won't be recognized in a few short years because all of the schools that want to move up.  A site like AGS is clueless on these matters, defending all things FCS as sacred, and that and your AD's words are where your "wisdom" sausages come from.

7 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

You seem to fail in thinking things through.  A belt size increase isn't just due to an increase in width, but depth too.  Pot bellies and big posteriors add to the diffulty of bizons getting to their seats and finding them very uncomfortable to manuever in.

You and your fellow trolls have been insisting FCS will be stable for the foreseeable future.  Liberty revealed it as a lie, but you won't admit it because you know ndsu can't afford to move up now.  A WAC FBS may not appear like I've been foretelling, but I am sure that NMSU coach Weir and Seattle coach Dollar's views are better than your sausage based "wisdom" that says it doesn't have a chance.  FCS won't be recognized in a few short years because all of the schools that want to move up.  A site like AGS is clueless on these matters, defending all things FCS as sacred, and that and your AD's words are where your "wisdom" sausages come from.

Well here you go with your lies again. I have stated numerous times that we dont have the money to move up to FBS right now. With that lie debunked there is no reason to address the rest of your untruths.

• 2 weeks later...

NDSU Basketball.... 19 wins not bad. Scheels Arena built for a move up to better conference. Student housing being built by Scheels arena. Last few years have been very good. Being mediocre is not in there DNA. Comment after last year by Bison coach about A J Jacobson we need to get more out of A J. ND Class A all time leading scorer. He needs to get more aggressive. He needs to go from 12 points per game to 18 . Spend the next 7 months shooting an extra I hour a day. I hope he has a great senior season but UND wins. Seems like a nice kid. 

8 minutes ago, moser53 said:

NDSU Basketball.... 19 wins not bad. Scheels Arena built for a move up to better conference. Student housing being built by Scheels arena. Last few years have been very good. Being mediocre is not in there DNA. Comment after last year by Bison coach about A J Jacobson we need to get more out of A J. ND Class A all time leading scorer. He needs to get more aggressive. He needs to go from 12 points per game to 18 . Spend the next 7 months shooting an extra I hour a day. I hope he has a great senior season but UND wins. Seems like a nice kid. 

#buttfootball

NDSU will pay 100 times more attention to detail in the locker room renovation for football than was paid to building the SHAC.  The shortcuts taken in the SHAC are hilarious and are going to cost a lot of money down the road if they even get addressed at all.  I actually went to a few games this year in that building and the crowds were mediocre at best.  Below average if you take into account it was the first year in a new building.  They were much better last season at Scheels Arena.

5 minutes ago, homer said:

#buttfootball

NDSU will pay 100 times more attention to detail in the locker room renovation for football than was paid to building the SHAC.  The shortcuts taken in the SHAC are hilarious and are going to cost a lot of money down the road if they even get addressed at all.  I actually went to a few games this year in that building and the crowds were mediocre at best.  Below average if you take into account it was the first year in a new building.  They were much better last season at Scheels Arena.

OK thanks for the info. 

1 hour ago, moser53 said:

You must mean the SHAC, not Scheels (hockey) Arena.