SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U diaries

Vegas_Sioux

3 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Maybe I should have put retired in quotations for you. Anyone who follows USD knows what happened in vermillion. 

Oh, you're in the know.  We all know what happened, not hard to figure out he was getting long in the tooth.  Doesn't mean the new narrative is that USD "fired" their entire staff and blew it all up.

1 minute ago, UND1983 said:

Oh, you're in the know.  We all know what happened, not hard to figure out he was getting long in the tooth.  Doesn't mean the new narrative is that USD "fired" their entire staff and blew it all up.

What the heck would you call it when a guy is forced into early retirement and the heir that they had been grooming as his replacement for 10 years beschorner was let go?

This was a firing and a starting fresh with a new staff, if you try to spin it any other way you'd be wrong.

1 minute ago, Bison06 said:

What the heck would you call it when a guy is forced into early retirement and the heir that they had been grooming as his replacement for 10 years beschorner was let go?

This was a firing and a starting fresh with a new staff, if you try to spin it any other way you'd be wrong.

You're right, as usual.  You know the menutia of happenings.  

Maybe you get your own thread here or admin privileges?  Right all the fallacies.  

3 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

You're right, as usual.  You know the menutia of happenings.  

Maybe you get your own thread here or admin privileges?  Right all the fallacies.  

lol, so let me get this straight, I called something a firing and you try to right that "fallacy" yet I'm the one who is going around and righting all the wrongs? I think your projecting my friend.

Also, just because I have Bison in my name doesn't mean I don't know people in other programs. Short of name dropping which I won't do, you'll just have to trust that someone who was very closely tied to the USD situation is close to my family.

2 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

lol, so let me get this straight, I called something a firing and you try to right that "fallacy" yet I'm the one who is going around and righting all the wrongs? I think your projecting my friend.

Also, just because I have Bison in my name doesn't mean I don't know people in other programs. Short of name dropping which I won't do, you'll just have to trust that someone who was very closely tied to the USD situation is close to my family.

You're in the know.  This board is #blessed.

3 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Didn't he interview as a finalist and not get hired over a guy who who was twice national coach of the year at DII and just led a dreadful WIU team to the playoffs for the first time in a number of years?

4 minutes ago, homer said:

Didn't he interview as a finalist and not get hired over a guy who who was twice national coach of the year at DII and just led a dreadful WIU team to the playoffs for the first time in a number of years?

Yes, he was told for years it was his job. Even when Glenn came in he was considered for that job, as it was told to him, Glenn was to come in as a mentor and stop gap until he was "ready". Glenn's early retirement and beschorner not getting that job was a clear message that they were unhappy with the direction of the program and it was time for wholesale change.

21 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

You're in the know.  This board is #blessed.

Why are you so salty over the word firing? The coaching staff was turned over, 100%, I believe. Isnt that an indication that the athletic department wasnt happy with the current staff and how things were going or are you just arguing with me because I have Bison in my name? If Glenn truely retired and they were happy with the direction of the program, continuity on the staff would have carried the day. if bubba retired today, due to the direction of the program UND would be adamant about hiring an "inside guy" to keep the momentum rolling. 

4 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

USD was unhappy with their program twice in five years.  Cause they're so used to winning, had to be tough to handle all those "lean" years.

Watching your rival have unprecedented success and win over most of the state's support will make an administration change their tune pretty quick.

43 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Yes, he was told for years it was his job. Even when Glenn came in he was considered for that job, as it was told to him, Glenn was to come in as a mentor and stop gap until he was "ready". Glenn's early retirement and beschorner not getting that job was a clear message that they were unhappy with the direction of the program and it was time for wholesale change.

So he can't come back after getting more experience at Pitt?  It can still be his job.  Did he ever get an head coach in waiting title like Jimbo Fisher got at FSU?  If not it's hard to argue the hiring of an experienced head coach like Nielsen over a lifelong coordinator.  

22 minutes ago, homer said:

So he can't come back after getting more experience at Pitt?  It can still be his job.  Did he ever get an head coach in waiting title like Jimbo Fisher got at FSU?  If not it's hard to argue the hiring of an experienced head coach like Nielsen over a lifelong coordinator.  

I'm sure he could come back, most of the fanbase had become disenchanted with the former USD star though and was ready for some new blood.

He just got hired at Rice btw, so moving up the coaching ranks.

Not sure if he ever had the official head coach in waiting title, but he was the associate head coach I believe.

22 hours ago, Bison06 said:

Yeah, USD was rising so much following that 24-21 win in 2015 that they decided to fire the entire coaching staff and start from scratch...that makes sense.

2015, USD beats NDSU, NDSU goes on to win national championship.

2016, USD loses to NDSU, NDSU doesn't win national championship.

USD is improving, but to use USD games in 2015 and 2016 to show NDSU is slipping actually bolsters the opposite argument than what you are claiming it does.

I believe NDSU is a better team than UND or USD today, I've given you that before. Of course the pollsters will have JM, Youngstown, and NDSU up there at the start. They weigh heavily on past results, and then the polls change through out the year.

Now I responded to both You and a poster named "North Dakota", of which both of you showed weakens in SD. You stated "They certainly weren't the best representative of what the MVFC offers up for competition". I showed how close SD games where with NDSU in the last 2 years. Look below.

NDSU split one score games in last 2 seasons with SD. Prior three years NDSU won 

2014   47 - 7

2013   42 - 0

2012   54 - 0

2011   didn't play

Competition get n better and Bizon slipping.

Going to DL ice fishing, There will be no trolling, fishing in of a skid house.

3 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

And to top that off, the Bizon are slipping. 

I'll agree that the past few years have been a lot of fun. Not willing to say the Bison are slipping yet because they "only" made it to the semi-finals, and did not win a 6th straight title. I'll wait until they go 1 and done in the playoffs or miss them completely before I start talking about program regression.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I'll agree that the past few years have been a lot of fun. Not willing to say the Bison are slipping yet because they "only" made it to the semi-finals, and did not win a 6th straight title. I'll wait until they go 1 and done in the playoffs or miss them completely before I start talking about program regression.

Yeah I have a feeling they will have a strong season in 2017.

6 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Hopefully 1 and done is around the corner or missing completely isn't far away either. Here are some interesting stats of points scored and total yards over last 4 years of Bizon vs their opponents.

Year          Points / Game          Yards / Game

Bizon     Opponents  Bizon      Opponents

2016 29.1 16.6 407 319
2015 34.9 15.3 423 271
2014 32.9 14.1 432 280
2013 38.7 11.3 457 255

Gap is tightening, the lines of the graph are on a collision course. Slip and Slide?

10 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Hopefully 1 and done is around the corner or missing completely isn't far away either. Here are some interesting stats of points scored and total yards over last 4 years of Bizon vs their opponents.

Year          Points / Game          Yards / Game

Bizon     Opponents  Bizon      Opponents

2016 29.1 16.6 407 319
2015 34.9 15.3 423 271
2014 32.9 14.1 432 280
2013 38.7 11.3 457 255

Gap is tightening, the lines of the graph are on a collision course. Slip and Slide?

Since their 2013 team was probably the second best FCS team of all time the stats should show a little slippage. 

On 2/9/2017 at 10:50 PM, jdub27 said:

I have no clue where Caillou gets his numbers (but I know where he got his education!!). Per USA Today, in 2015, NDSU got $6.6 million from direct institutional support out of their $22.3 million budget (29.4%).

Kolpack had a different number, about $2.1 million (not the $6.6 cited and referenced above). 

This just in ... 

Bresciani said, adding that appropriated general fund support for athletics is being "slashed" by 40 percent.

http://www.inforum.com/news/4222883-ndsu-offering-phased-retirements-cutting-student-affairs-administrators