SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U diaries

Vegas_Sioux

9 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

True..  Just trying to point out that both sides' fan bases do it to some degree just because of the school pride thing, so I don't get the whole tenor of his/her post that it's some how just a UND thing to spout off in such a manner. 

There is no tenor to my post, as I said above, to be of the opinion that ksu would beat ndsu and do it handily was probably a good bet, just as thinking an FBS Wyoming would take down a rising fcs team was probably a good bet. 

My post was strictly in response to '83 saying "literally" nobody on this board thought ksu would beat ndsu. That simply wasn't the case. No judgement for people thinking that way. Hell, if I didn't have a strict policy of never picking against the bison, I probably would have picked ksu to beat ndsu. I had serious doubts about ndsu beating ksu, just as I had doubts about UND being able to beat Wyoming, just as many of you did.

all I'm saying is it would be false to say that many on this board didn't think ksu would beat ndsu.

is that a fair statement?

29 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

First of all, you made the claim that "literally" nobody thought ksu would humble ndsu, so one example is enough to refute your claim.

secondly, the poster above named at least 3 posters who were vocal about ndsu would finally meet their FBS demise. You choose to ignore that.

the facts are many people here were of the opinion that ndsu would get what's coming to it, I don't even blame them actually, it was one hell of an upset. As stated by the previous poster you seemed to have reservations back in 2013 about ksu's ability to beat down ndsu, but that wasn't the prevailing opinion here. 

There are plenty of people who either don't follow football close enough to realize that NDSU had probably the greatest FCS team of all time outside of Randy Moss' Marshall team going into that year or are too blind with hate to realize it was very likely NDSU was going to be capable of taking them down.  It didn't help that KSU had an all time great team the previous year with a Heisman candidate at QB so people thought they would still be that good.  I cheered and cheered hard for KSU but in the back of my mind I knew that NDSU had a team of stone cold killers.  It was a great game but KSU was no where near what they were the year before and were breaking in a new QB that game.  Perfect opportunity for NDSU and just as they seem to have done clinically since 2007 they executed with brutal efficiency. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

There is no tenor to my post, as I said above, to be of the opinion that ksu would beat ndsu and do it handily was probably a good bet, just as thinking an FBS Wyoming would take down a rising fcs team was probably a good bet. 

My post was strictly in response to '83 saying "literally" nobody on this board thought ksu would beat ndsu. That simply wasn't the case. No judgement for people thinking that way. Hell, if I didn't have a strict policy of never picking against the bison, I probably would have picked ksu to beat ndsu. I had serious doubts about ndsu beating ksu, just as I had doubts about UND being able to beat Wyoming, just as many of you did.

All I'm saying is it would be false to say that many on this board didn't think ksu would beat ndsu

is that a fair statement?

Change your verb "think" to "hope" and then you're onto something. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, UNDvince97-01 said:

Hey seriously.....you live in the heart of God's country.  Quit living on here.

Go fishing or golfing or something.  You spend way too much time extolling about UND given your loyalties and where you reside.

"Enjoy the season..."

Golfing and fishing at 2am? LOL

In 6 years I avg 1.8 posts per day.

But yes it is beautiful here and we love it.

Where are you at? North of Outing?

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Any particular reason you immediately take that angle, other than to troll? They guy was talking about a facilities tour, and you turn it into having to boast about your football program, who's recent success already speak for itself. The equivalent of you saying a tour of the SHAC is worthwhile and a Sioux fan screaming 8 Championships in hockey .... completely irrelevant and completely obnoxious.

I'm sorry, I thought Hayduke was talking about NDSU FB is his post about the Ralph facilities tour. Oh, I jusr read it again and he did compare the two programs. I know The Ralph is a top notch facility that not many, if any, program can match.

8 hours ago, bison73 said:

Golfing and fishing at 2am? LOL

In 6 years I avg 1.8 posts per day.

But yes it is beautiful here and we love it.

Where are you at? North of Outing?

Then go to bed and get some sleep!

Yes, north of Outing and south of International Falls. ???

11 minutes ago, Shawn-O said:

Alright, which one of you lit the match on Bison Turf?  I have an alibi thank goodness.  

Hopefully we can look back at this fire someday and refer to it as the symbolic beginning of the end so to speak of their reign atop FCS.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CMSioux said:

Let's not go down the bison-swille alley - jobs and a business are going up in smoke. 

Not too mention the thousands....err, hundreds....err, tens of dollars that the owner had re-invested into that place.;)

it is sad though. I used to partake of a few beverages and occasional lunch at the Turf and had a friend who used to live above the place. People have lost their jobs and for some they have lost their place to live and belongings.

4 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

I think they're just surprised you're always hanging around. NBD. 

So if I happen to check this site at a time shortly after someone made a post that I respond to, you folks are going to assume I've been intently reading and stalking every post just waiting for the right time to strike? Interesting perspective.

Just now, Teeder11 said:

^^^^^^ The visitor doth protest too much, methinks.

Make it a closed site to UND donorsand all you're perceived problems go away, until then, I grew up in ND and find all things related ND sports interesting and will continue to read and contribute to any and all conversations I want to.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Make it a closed site to UND donorsand all you're perceived problems go away, until then, I grew up in ND and find all things related ND sports interesting and will continue to read and contribute to any and all conversations I want to.

Whoa. Calm down.  I've got no issue with you hanging out in an NDSU smack thread nor any other for that matter. You're very welcome any time you want as far as I am concerned.  Just don't expect wine and roses to be delivered your way, ok? We good?

Just now, Teeder11 said:

Whoa. Calm down.  I've got no issue with you hanging out in an NDSU smack thread nor any other for that matter. You're very welcome any time you want as far as I am concerned.  Just don't expect wine and roses to be silvered your way, ok? We good?

What part of my post made you think it was anything but good natured humor? It was a funny movie clip from one of my all time favorite movies in response to him wishing and hoping ndsu would falter this year. He was clearly looking for a response and then acted as if he was surprised it produced a response.

2 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

What part of my post made you think it was anything but good natured humor? It was a funny movie clip from one of my all time favorite movies in response to him wishing and hoping ndsu would falter this year. He was clearly looking for a response and then acted as if he was surprised it produced a response.

It was feigned surprise. We all know you guys are always watching and on the defensive --- in ways that range from humorous to outright indignation.  It's actually quite funny to read the mental gymnastics that you guys spew in attempt to clear up your good name on here. It's almost like you truly believe that there this is a chance in hell that you can change anyone's opinion on here. Keep trying, tho. :D

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

It was feigned surprise. We all know you guys are always watching and on the defensive --- in ways that range from humorous to outright indignation.  It's actually quite funny to read the mental gymnastics that you guys spew in attempt to clear up your good name on here. It's almost like you truly believe that there this is a chance in hell that you can change anyone's opinion on here. Keep trying, tho. :D

Haha, do'k.

2 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Haha, do'k.

Serious questions here, because I finally have time to ask them, and because it appears I have an informed and captive audience: Are there a lot of UND-fan commenters over on Bisonville, disputing anything disparaging about UND?  I don't know... I've never been there, and have had little interest to go there as I assume they are about Bison stuff.  Do the die-hards over there have to "put up" with a lot of "nuisance" from UND fans?