SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U diaries

Vegas_Sioux

14 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Are you serious? This place was rampant with people saying ndsu would finally be humbled since they were playing a "real" FBS team.

Also, you can say they were a different team at the end of the year if you want to drag out that old excuse, but they did win a bowl game against Michigan that year.

Source?  (and don't find one guy who posted smack that he wants them to lose by 30).

Most knowledgable fans knew they were going to be way down, hence their preseason ranking in Big 12 that year.

5 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Well they returned 11 starters including their entire o-line, which most considered the best in the Big 12, and they ended up 8-5 and beat Michigan 31-14 in a bowl game, but who wants facts. You don't need facts or sources when bashing the Bison. I work with Sioux fans that didn't think NDSU could keep the deficit under 20.

Source?

5 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Source?  (and don't find one guy who posted smack that he wants them to lose by 30).

Most knowledgable fans knew they were going to be way down, hence their preseason ranking in Big 12 that year.

Where are the posts saying prior to the game thae K-State was going to have their hands full with NDSU? I know there were lots of comments after the game about how terrible K-State was and how they would be lucky to win 2 games, but I don't think there were many before the game.

13 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Well they returned 11 starters including their entire o-line, which most considered the best in the Big 12, and they ended up 8-5 and beat Michigan 31-14 in a bowl game, but who wants facts. You don't need facts or sources when bashing the Bison. I work with Sioux fans that didn't think NDSU could keep the deficit under 20.

Myself,  I give a big kudos to the Bizzon for that win.  It was pretty damn cool.  

2 hours ago, UND1983 said:

Literally nobody though that, nice try.  They lost what, 17 starters from the year before?  Were a shell of the previous team.

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

Are you serious? This place was rampant with people saying ndsu would finally be humbled since they were playing a "real" FBS team.

Also, you can say they were a different team at the end of the year if you want to drag out that old excuse, but they did win a bowl game against Michigan that year.

The truth is in the middle. The usual suspects* were claiming the game was going to be a bloodbath, but nobody else talked much about it either way. UND1983, you were the only poster to reference the possible weakness of KSU in 2013, and you only did that once.

*Hayduke, Darell, redneksioux, - Hayduke had about 90% of those posts, but he really was one of the first to eat crow and sincerely congratulate the Bison after the game

(all you have to do is type Kansas into the search bar and go back to mid-2013)

45 minutes ago, Hayduke said:

Finished it for you.  

Nice try. Very few people outside of GF and the Ralph care much about College Hockey in North Dakota. Maybe the TV contract will prove that. NDSU gets $1.2 million just for a 3-year TV only contract for just football, and there are only 9 or 10 games a year. The last UND contract if I remember correctly was $1 million for 5 years for all UND sports. We will see what kind of bidding war occurs for UND hockey. Maybe I will be proven wrong.

I certainly agree hockey is well behind football in terms of general popularity and usefulness at the collegiate level, so good for NDSU. They have a tremendous football program; however, I don't lose any sleep at night admitting that (although some NDSU fans certainly could use a dose of similar humility). With all that, I still hope they lose several games every season. Here's to 2016 being a beautiful losing campaign for the ag school. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Your commentary on the financial issues was complete crap. You accused UND of not paying vendors, which has not been proven true anywhere. UND had a projected financial deficit and cuts were made to fix that along with cuts that went above and beyond what the state required. It wasn't some grand revelation about the projected deficit either, the state capped tuition below what UND budgeted after their projections were submitted.

NDSU has always and continues to march by the beat of their own drum and playing by their own rules, which is why it isn't a coincidence they are always "surprisingly" at odds with people, especially those in charge. McFeely was critical of them right up until he switched employers. But I guess they wouldn't want Caillou to lose any more access than he already has. I guess claiming he's been accurate is a matter of opinion. I happen to think he's intentionally made comments that don't tell the full story and omitted a lot of other relevant pieces of information to further his opinion pieces.

Surprising that those at odds actually had vision and bucked the very people who should be trying to make the system better but were trying to hold NDSU back.   Mc feely has actually brought to light how petty the people in the system are. They care not whats good for the system as they care more about keeping the minions under their thumbs.

As far as the financial issues you said werent there--they were and I also said it was just the tip of the ice berg--of which it was. Also the vendors finally got paid and wont do business with UND again. Not worth the asshattery was the quote. But of course you are free to believe what you want.

5 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

One of you whiny bison fans said something about a UND fan on BV so I thought I'd check it out. Then I saw the thread about Iowa so I thought it would be a good idea to poke my eyeballs out.

UND posters don't last long on BV before they are banned so I think this site should do the same so we won't have to read through all your garble.

BV represents your fan base so of course I group you with all those other sheep.

So you want to be in the same group as SV? :lol: I do have to admit you have some of his traits. But I wont paint you all with the same brush.

9 hours ago, UND1983 said:

9 hours ago, bison73 said:

Surprising that those at odds actually had vision and bucked the very people who should be trying to make the system better but were trying to hold NDSU back.   Mc feely has actually brought to light how petty the people in the system are. They care not whats good for the system as they care more about keeping the minions under their thumbs.

As far as the financial issues you said werent there--they were and I also said it was just the tip of the ice berg--of which it was. Also the vendors finally got paid and wont do business with UND again. Not worth the asshattery was the quote. But of course you are free to believe what you want.

What exactly was Chapman's vision, build up the house of cards and hope it doesn't fall? NDSU's lucky Chapman got fired when he did. Bresciani has openly and specifically stated that NDSU was on the verge of financial collapse. As for what is good for the system, I'm sure a way could be found for NDSU to leave it since they clearly know better than everyone else.

Did you miss everything I typed? The projected shortfall was known about long ago because the legislature capped tuition below what UND built their budget on. It's no secret there is financial issues in higher ed at UND, within the NDUS (FargoU included) and across the nation. How is something that was known at UND become the "tip of the iceberg"? I work with a many vendors that do work with UND and somehow your anonymous one is the only one I've heard of "not getting paid". Makes you wonder what part of the story you're leaving out.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, bison73 said:

Hey seriously.....you live in the heart of God's country.  Quit living on here.

Go fishing or golfing or something.  You spend way too much time extolling about UND given your loyalties and where you reside.

"Enjoy the season..."

13 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

And why UND football will always play second fiddle to UND hockey... And NDSU football...

Any particular reason you immediately take that angle, other than to troll? They guy was talking about a facilities tour, and you turn it into having to boast about your football program, who's recent success already speak for itself. The equivalent of you saying a tour of the SHAC is worthwhile and a Sioux fan screaming 8 Championships in hockey .... completely irrelevant and completely obnoxious.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

Those tiny fraction of Bison FB fans are like the UND Hockey fans that think they can beat an NHL team. 99% of Bison fans know it will take an extremely well played game to beat Iowa, but it could happen. I am sure you are one that thought Kansas State would rout NDSU. 

Some people are truly this delusional, which is hilarious in its own right.

I am by no means a Bison fan, though with several family member who are, I tend to pull for the Bison in certain scenarios (despite the obnoxious group of Bison fan who think they are God's gift to football). To be clear, I won't be screaming, yelling or cheering. I certainly will never don any sort of Bison apparel (Unless my kid were to play a sport there). Though I will tend to hope they win, if they are playing in a Nat'l Championship game (I have more interest in NDSU, than Illinois St, Jacksonville St, Sam Houston, Etc.) and I tend to pull for them in games against FBS opponents. Its always fun to see the FCS schools upset the FBS opponents.

I hope the Bison have a really competitive game in Iowa this year. Win or Lose, you push a school like that on their own turf and it makes a statement. Like the Bison, or not, they are certainly capable of winning this type of game, and they have shown it. I don't see NDSU going in and dominating the entire game, but I didn't expect that against Iowa St either, and if I recall that became pretty laughable.

Disliking the NDSU fanbase, is like disliking the Packer fanbase. Most fans are really chill and fun to be around. Every fan base has an obnoxious group of morons, and its best to just avoid those folks.

3 hours ago, UND1983 said:

^^^^^^^^^

I specifically said don't give me the one guy who picked them to lose big simply because he hates them.  So you find one the one guy who did exactly that.  Nice job, Dick Tracy.  

First of all, you made the claim that "literally" nobody thought ksu would humble ndsu, so one example is enough to refute your claim.

secondly, the poster above named at least 3 posters who were vocal about ndsu would finally meet their FBS demise. You choose to ignore that.

the facts are many people here were of the opinion that ndsu would get what's coming to it, I don't even blame them actually, it was one hell of an upset. As stated by the previous poster you seemed to have reservations back in 2013 about ksu's ability to beat down ndsu, but that wasn't the prevailing opinion here. 

3 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

First of all, you made the claim that "literally" nobody thought ksu would humble ndsu, so one example is enough to refute your claim.

secondly, the poster above named at least 3 posters who were vocal about ndsu would finally meet their FBS demise. You choose to ignore that.

the facts are many people here were of the opinion that ndsu would get what's coming to it, I don't even blame them actually, it was one hell of an upset. As stated by the previous poster you seemed to have reservations back in 2013 about ksu's ability to beat down ndsu, but that wasn't the prevailing opinion here. 

What was the prevailing opinion on BV about UND's fate against WYO?  I don't know; just asking. I don't go there, but I hear they always have something to say about "un_."

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

What was the prevailing opinion on BV about UND's fate against WYO?  I don't know; just asking. I don't go there, but I hear they always have something to say about "un_."

Pretty sure the opinion was pretty biased in favor of Bohl. And to be fair, that wasn't a completely ridiculous opinion at the time. UND had a ton of questions and while we though we would be improved last year, there was nothing concrete to back that up. This year is a little different. 

Of course that is speculation, because the only time I was on BV, was to try to talk football prior to the UND/NDSU game. Needless to say, it was not a positive experience.

2 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Pretty sure the opinion was pretty biased in favor of Bohl. And to be fair, that wasn't a completely ridiculous opinion at the time. UND had a ton of questions and while we though we would be improved last year, there was nothing concrete to back that up. This year is a little different. 

Of course that is speculation, because the only time I was on BV, was to try to talk football prior to the UND/NDSU game. Needless to say, it was not a positive experience.

True..  Just trying to point out that both sides' fan bases do it to some degree just because of the school pride thing, so I don't get the whole tenor of his/her post that it's some how just a UND thing to spout off in such a manner. 

4 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

True..  Just trying to point out that both sides' fan bases do it to some degree just because of the school pride thing, so I don't get the whole tenor of his/her post that it's some how just a UND thing to spout off in such a manner. 

completely agree