SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U diaries

Vegas_Sioux

2 hours ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Kolpack was told that if he reported some negative stories he wouldn't be allowed back in the locker room when Bohl was there.  Also has been given marching orders from the Forum that they want only  positive SU stories.. NDSU sells a lot of papers in Fargo. 

Where did this info come from?  Lots of great insider info for both und and NDSU on this board.  

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, jakeh41 said:

Where did this info come from?  Lots of great insider info for both und and NDSU on this board.  

Let me guess, you want a source?  Classic BV.  If there is any information presented that is slanted against Fargo U, they then want a source.  

In the spirit of love, I give you the tender story of two teammates from rival backgrounds who have found ways to learn to live together under one roof -- but of course , it's the UND guy who owns the house, and whose wife offers to do the laundry for the AG school kid.  :D

http://www.bluebombers.com/2016/07/16/the-duo-from-north-dakota/

9 hours ago, Dagger said:

It still baffles me why bison fans on our site all the time  .  What is the obsession all about?    Do they really care who we recruit and why they are coming here?  They always act like they could care less about UND.  I guess they really do  care.

WHY do your fans go to BV?

23 minutes ago, bison73 said:

WHY do your fans go to BV?

One person you dip. All the others that go on there get banned just like you should! You and all those other turd fans think you are going to roll right over Iowa just like they were Colorado state. Anyone who calls you out on that bs is publicly shamed.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, jakeh41 said:

Good source close to the situation in Fargo.  I'm not going to kiss and tell and I expect you will believe what you want to believe.  I can't betray that trust.

2 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

One person you dip. All the others that go on there get banned just like you should! You and all those other turd fans think you are going to roll right over Iowa just like they were Colorado state. Anyone who calls you out on that bs is publicly shamed.

Where do you get the YOU as in ME-I think we are going to roll over Iowa? I think it will take a monumental effort and an error free game to make it close. Iowa is favored and I agree with that.

Please explain what Ive done to warrant being banned?

You dont see me whining about the UND fans at BV. Geez. You want to live in a vacuum make this a private site and not a public forum.

So why do you go you BV? You obviously visit there just like a few others.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, UND1983 said:

Let me guess, you want a source?  Classic BV.  If there is any information presented that is slanted against Fargo U, they then want a source.  

Gee when I posted information about UND financial issues(that came true) you folks were up in arms about my sources. OBTW one of the ancillary problems just got fired.

12 hours ago, UND1983 said:

No doubt.  I think McDipsh*t has wrote five straight articles & blogs, all defending Brescani/NDSU.  Going out of his way to defend him.

Now I realize NDSU didnt toe the UND-SBOE company line but Hes been pretty accurate as of late on the witch hunt.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

But don't you think it was odd that there was no mention of why the Texas State player was transfering but it was mentioned that the punter was looking to play at a higher level of football? I am making more of a comment about the Herald reporting more than the kid. They go out of their way to not make any waves with UND.

I get where you are going with this, and I'm not going to imply you are completely wrong, with the paper trying to show some bias towards a local program. But in trying to be "the voice of reason" you must realize that it is a little rich coming from a Bison fan. I'm not saying there aren't times that the Forum can't be critical of the Bison, but in looking at the big picture, The Forum can be just as bias in favor of the Bison, and the Herald can be just as critical. We've certainly seen articles in the past 10 years questioning certain players and coaches beyond just football, in Grand Forks.

Like I said, your overall point makes sense, just make sure when you are making it, that you acknowledge you are on the oppositions website, and that type of criticism will be flipped back to you and your team. Which is more than just given how Fargo can operate so similar to Grand Forks.

In this case, I tend to believe kids are dismissed from the UND's program because they knew what the coaching staff's expectation were and chose not to follow them (In Meindel's case, I believe it was more than once). With incoming transfers, who have been let go from other teams due to being let go, I tend to think the coaches are giving them a second chance because of the value they can bring to the team; while setting a knew set of expectations for that kid. Meaning if Mercer screws up, there may not be another chance. I think we all know each situation has a different set of circumstances, and they all need to be addressed in an appropriate manner. Whether it is Football, Basketball, Hockey, Bison, Sioux, Bubba, Berry, Klieman, etc.

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I get where you are going with this, and I'm not going to imply you are completely wrong, with the paper trying to show some bias towards a local program. But in trying to be "the voice of reason" you must realize that it is a little rich coming from a Bison fan. I'm not saying there aren't times that the Forum can't be critical of the Bison, but in looking at the big picture, The Forum can be just as bias in favor of the Bison, and the Herald can be just as critical. We've certainly seen articles in the past 10 years questioning certain players and coaches beyond just football, in Grand Forks.

Like I said, your overall point makes sense, just make sure when you are making it, that you acknowledge you are on the oppositions website, and that type of criticism will be flipped back to you and your team. Which is more than just given how Fargo can operate so similar to Grand Forks.

In this case, I tend to believe kids are dismissed from the UND's program because they knew what the coaching staff's expectation were and chose not to follow them (In Meindel's case, I believe it was more than once). With incoming transfers, who have been let go from other teams due to being let go, I tend to think the coaches are giving them a second chance because of the value they can bring to the team; while setting a knew set of expectations for that kid. Meaning if Mercer screws up, there may not be another chance. I think we all know each situation has a different set of circumstances, and they all need to be addressed in an appropriate manner. Whether it is Football, Basketball, Hockey, Bison, Sioux, Bubba, Berry, Klieman, etc.

Nicely said!

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, bison73 said:

Gee when I posted information about UND financial issues(that came true) you folks were up in arms about my sources. OBTW one of the ancillary problems just got fired.

Your commentary on the financial issues was complete crap. You accused UND of not paying vendors, which has not been proven true anywhere. UND had a projected financial deficit and cuts were made to fix that along with cuts that went above and beyond what the state required. It wasn't some grand revelation about the projected deficit either, the state capped tuition below what UND budgeted after their projections were submitted.

NDSU has always and continues to march by the beat of their own drum and playing by their own rules, which is why it isn't a coincidence they are always "surprisingly" at odds with people, especially those in charge. McFeely was critical of them right up until he switched employers. But I guess they wouldn't want Caillou to lose any more access than he already has. I guess claiming he's been accurate is a matter of opinion. I happen to think he's intentionally made comments that don't tell the full story and omitted a lot of other relevant pieces of information to further his opinion pieces.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

I get your point, and I would expect Kolpack to mention why a player was tranferring into NDSU no matter what the reason. Shame on him if he wouldn't.

26 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

I get your point, and I would expect Kolpack to mention why a player was tranferring into NDSU no matter what the reason. Shame on him if he wouldn't.

You may expect him to but he wouldn't do it. 

When you don't report on everything going on with the players on the team, is it realistic to expect him to report on players not on the team.  

3 hours ago, homer said:

You may expect him to but he wouldn't do it. 

When you don't report on everything going on with the players on the team, is it realistic to expect him to report on players not on the team.  

What are you implying? Enlighten us.

19 hours ago, bison73 said:

Where do you get the YOU as in ME-I think we are going to roll over Iowa? I think it will take a monumental effort and an error free game to make it close. Iowa is favored and I agree with that.

Please explain what Ive done to warrant being banned?

You dont see me whining about the UND fans at BV. Geez. You want to live in a vacuum make this a private site and not a public forum.

So why do you go you BV? You obviously visit there just like a few others.

One of you whiny bison fans said something about a UND fan on BV so I thought I'd check it out. Then I saw the thread about Iowa so I thought it would be a good idea to poke my eyeballs out.

UND posters don't last long on BV before they are banned so I think this site should do the same so we won't have to read through all your garble.

BV represents your fan base so of course I group you with all those other sheep.

42 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

One of you whiny bison fans said something about a UND fan on BV so I thought I'd check it out. Then I saw the thread about Iowa so I thought it would be a good idea to poke my eyeballs out.

UND posters don't last long on BV before they are banned so I think this site should do the same so we won't have to read through all your garble.

BV represents your fan base so of course I group you with all those other sheep.

Those tiny fraction of Bison FB fans are like the UND Hockey fans that think they can beat an NHL team. 99% of Bison fans know it will take an extremely well played game to beat Iowa, but it could happen. I am sure you are one that thought Kansas State would rout NDSU. 

I took a tour of The Ralph a couple of weeks ago.  I've been to plenty of games, but that was my first tour. 

FU fans, you should take the tour.  Once you are done, you will fully understand why UND is one of, if not the top college choice for NHL management.  And it will continue to be. 

FU has had a good run.  Heck, a great run.  But NFL management doesn't see FU anywhere close to the Power Five schools in that respect.

If you believe they are equals in their respective favorite sports, you are as insane as the criminal felon from the land of Lakes.  

And he's pretty insane. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Keep this bull$%!# argument out of the football forum. NDSU football and UND hockey don't play each-other. Never will. Let's compare football programs..... We have work to do.

Why, I think they should play each other. 

So try bullying some other folks...

58 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Those tiny fraction of Bison FB fans are like the UND Hockey fans that think they can beat an NHL team. 99% of Bison fans know it will take an extremely well played game to beat Iowa, but it could happen. I am sure you are one that thought Kansas State would rout NDSU

Literally nobody though that, nice try.  They lost what, 17 starters from the year before?  Were a shell of the previous team.

1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

Literally nobody though that, nice try.  They lost what, 17 starters from the year before?  Were a shell of the previous team.

Are you serious? This place was rampant with people saying ndsu would finally be humbled since they were playing a "real" FBS team.

Also, you can say they were a different team at the end of the year if you want to drag out that old excuse, but they did win a bowl game against Michigan that year.

1 hour ago, Hayduke said:

I took a tour of The Ralph a couple of weeks ago.  I've been to plenty of games, but that was my first tour. 

FU fans, you should take the tour.  Once you are done, you will fully understand why UND is one of, if not the top college choice for NHL management.  And it will continue to be. 

And why UND football will always play second fiddle to UND hockey... And NDSU football...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

Well they returned 11 starters including their entire o-line, which most considered the best in the Big 12, and they ended up 8-5 and beat Michigan 31-14 in a bowl game, but who wants facts. You don't need facts or sources when bashing the Bison. I work with Sioux fans that didn't think NDSU could keep the deficit under 20.