SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U diaries

Vegas_Sioux

1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

What do want them to write about?  He didn't get in trouble publically and they reported he was no longer with the team.

From the message I replied to and a google search, I inferred that nothing had been reported. This was my mistake. After searching the herald site I found reference to his dismissal in an article about spring drills.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-football/3978906-college-football-und-opens-spring-football-drills-earlier-usual-due

11 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

It is interesting to see a D1 football team in North Dakota kick a starter off the team for minor violations.....

... and accept a transfer who was dismissed from his previous team for breaking core values.

16 minutes ago, 3Putt said:

... and accept a transfer who was dismissed from his previous team for breaking core values.

Core values...lol. You have no idea what happened and it was nothing with the law.

Happen to notice they got a new coach, who may have been trying to make a statement?  How many guys did Bubba boot when he took over?  Some other school took those kids I believe.

Mississippi State just suspended their all-world recruit one game for sucker punching a woman on tape.

13 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Minor enough to not make the papers. 

That is because it is the Herald. If you read the column about to two incoming transfers, you wouldn't have a clur the Texas State player was booted off his team, which seems like a pretty big detail to leave out. The Herald sportwriters are as The Common Man would put "Bubba Bobos".

• Downvote 4

8 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

That is because it is the Herald. If you read the column about to two incoming transfers, you wouldn't have a clur the Texas State player was booted off his team, which seems like a pretty big detail to leave out. The Herald sportwriters are as The Common Man would put "Bubba Bobos".

He could've been booted off for being late for a meeting or weight training. Not exactly a crime but perhaps against "core values"

3 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

He could've been booted off for being late for a meeting or weight training. Not exactly a crime but perhaps against "core values"

In my experience, the term core values often gets used when it is an attitude issue. Player wasn't buying into the coaches vision for the team. Doesn't always make the kid a bad apple, just not the right fit for that particular program. That said sometimes kids like that are "uncoachable" and may not be a good fit anywhere due to attitude. Not saying that is the case here, just saying what my experience with the terms violation of core values can mean.

2 hours ago, UND1983 said:

Core values...lol. You have no idea what happened and it was nothing with the law.

Happen to notice they got a new coach, who may have been trying to make a statement?  How many guys did Bubba boot when he took over?  Some other school took those kids I believe.

Mississippi State just suspended their all-world recruit one game for sucker punching a woman on tape.

You're right I have no idea what happened. I think Bubba's an ethical guy and I probably would have done the same thing he did with both the punter and the transfer. I just didn't like the spin the moderator was putting on the situation.

9 minutes ago, 3Putt said:

You're right I have no idea what happened. I think Bubba's an ethical guy and I probably would have done the same thing he did with both the punter and the transfer. I just didn't like the spin the moderator was putting on the situation.

You're right, your boys have been through enough. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

But don't you think it was odd that there was no mention of why the Texas State player was transfering but it was mentioned that the punter was looking to play at a higher level of football? I am making more of a comment about the Herald reporting more than the kid. They go out of their way to not make any waves with UND.

3 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

But don't you think it was odd that there was no mention of why the Texas State player was transfering but it was mentioned that the punter was looking to play at a higher level of football? I am making more of a comment about the Herald reporting more than the kid. They go out of their way to not make any waves with UND.

Are you fukin kidding me, coming from a Bison fan?  You have the same company covering your team and they are complete lapdogs.  Plus WDAY.

Calliou?  LOL, cmon.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Pretty rich coming from a Fargo fan.

12 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Lol.  You are kidding right?

8 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

No doubt.  I think McDipsh*t has wrote five straight articles & blogs, all defending Brescani/NDSU.  Going out of his way to defend him.

McFeely has been critical of both Brescani and Chapman plenty, but if the SBOHE gives a president a VERY favorable performance evaluation, why not renew his contract. I don't care if you fire him or not, but have the guts to give him a negative review and tell him he is done at the end of his contract. That is what he is saying. Has anybody at the Herald written a story about how badly UND has handled the whole nickname fiasco? 

16 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

McFeely has been critical of both Brescani and Chapman plenty, but if the SBOHE gives a president a VERY favorable performance evaluation, why not renew his contract. I don't care if you fire him or not, but have the guts to give him a negative review and tell him he is done at the end of his contract. That is what he is saying. Has anybody at the Herald written a story about how badly UND has handled the whole nickname fiasco? 

Anything about handling the nickname is an opinion piece.  You either like it or you don't.   Agree or you don't.  

Since Bohl and Taylor locked out the media in the Spring of 2010 and slapped their wrist, some more than others they have been lap dogs to FU football and sports in general.  

Its not necessarily wrong but you best not throw stones and should not critsize a kid before he gets to Grand Forks unless you know the entire story.

41 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

No doubt.  I think McDipsh*t has wrote five straight articles & blogs, all defending Brescani/NDSU.  Going out of his way to defend him.

McFeeley is a major piece of work; completely biased and overprotective of ag school interests. He could at least try to appear a little more neutral. 

All in all, they're Fargo guys so I understand they're going to be a bit biased towards NDSU; nevertheless, I just don't care to listen to them spew their garbage. 

16 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

McFeeley is a major piece of work; completely biased and overprotective of ag school interests. He could at least try to appear a little more neutral. 

All in all, they're Fargo guys so I understand they're going to be a bit biased towards NDSU; nevertheless, I just don't care to listen to them spew their garbage. 

But its just since he went to WDAY.  He hasn't said a disparaging comment since.  Interesting.

• Upvote 1