SiouxSports.com Forum

ArchyAlum11

The adding color might be the way to keep more people happy on both sides of the fence. How do we get this out to the important decision makers higher up than us? Would they even listen? Mafia could make me want to buy one like this if we could get this thing going! Just like the game worn logo, only with a twist that everyone would want!

I like the black outline verson more. Not a big fan of the new logo, but I could almost stomach this version. I would be interested in seeing it cleaned up by a professional. It's probably a pipe dream to think the decision makers would change it though.

On 6/25/2016 at 1:26 AM, The Sicatoka said:

I'm no artist (at least with MS Paint) and you can see that it needs clean-up by a pro; however, ...

Black_Trip.png

Chop off that little part on the end of the "N" and you would have a tolerable shoulder patch, but I don't think it would work as a primary logo for hockey, But hey easy fix, just change the shoulder patches and keep the same jerseys till something better can be made.

• 1 month later...

Oy, the new logo on the football helmets is kind of reminiscent of a buffalo (the shape, anyway).  Visually, it struck me early when i wasn't focusing directly on the image. I really had to focus on the image itself to get past that.  Kind of like when you don't look straight at a dim star at night you can kind of see it better.

I do applaud the football program's acclimation to the new nickname and logo.   For me I just wish the logo was a bit more athletic and less corporate-y(conversations well documented in these threads so I won't go into more detail now).

11 hours ago, bigskyvikes said:

Watching them put stickers on lost it for me! Painted, air brushed.... something! And they make a video thing out of it?!

Cheesy IMO.

So what happens when an airbrushed logo gets all scuffed up? They send the helmet back in for a totally new one. Literally nobody outside of Michigan has a painted on anything on their helmets. Everyone uses a sticker. Cmon man. Cheesy? Really? 

So, curious, maybe more people like the hawk head incorporated in the ND as part of the logo than I think, but what are the possibilities that at some point in the future they'd pluck that hawk off the ND, and just drop that on the helmets.  Would be very Arizona Cardinals-like, but already acknowledging that our nickname and logo is not all that unique, that's actually a pretty good logo/helmet.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

So what happens when an airbrushed logo gets all scuffed up? They send the helmet back in for a totally new one. Literally nobody outside of Michigan has a painted on anything on their helmets. Everyone uses a sticker. Cmon man. Cheesy? Really? 

I knew it would offend some, but here is my example of what I seen, remember I said "IMO". Think of the old logo being put on a jersey, instead of watching it being sewn on we see a video of it being ironed on. Again this is my opinion. Hope it looks good..

50 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

I knew it would offend some, but here is my example of what I seen, remember I said "IMO". Think of the old logo being put on a jersey, instead of watching it being sewn on we see a video of it being ironed on. Again this is my opinion. Hope it looks good..

That's apples and oranges. Stickers on helmets is the standard and there is only one style that is the exception and it's a Michigan style helmet.

59 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

That's apples and oranges. Stickers on helmets is the standard and there is only one style that is the exception and it's a Michigan style helmet.

Fair enough, maybe stickers are that good nowadays...

Maybe with these flat colored helmets (which I think look great) that's the only way to do it? I guess I always pictured a professional putting a logo on a helmet like a work of art, not a guy putting on stickers.

Like when Tomek or Johnson showed their new helmets last season, that's what I thought was done. Pretty sure those aren't stickers.

28 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

LOLWUT?

What don't you understand?  Again...... I was waiting to watch something like a work of art, in a small scale and instead I seen a guy put on two stickers, kind of a let down...FOR ME. 

Sorry if my view on it is different than yours, or causes a problem for you...

16 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

Fair enough, maybe stickers are that good nowadays...

Maybe with these flat colored helmets (which I think look great) that's the only way to do it? I guess I always pictured a professional putting a logo on a helmet like a work of art, not a guy putting on stickers.

Like when Tomek or Johnson showed their new helmets last season, that's what I thought was done. Pretty sure those aren't stickers.

Goalie masks are one of, football teams have over 100 helmets. Another big factor, other than cost and time, is football helmets get beat to hell over a season especially the linemen. Goalie masks get hit by a puck maybe a few times a year so it's worth the investment of a custom paint job. Again very very different things. It's all about the stickers and always has been.