SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux in White House??

dden3

38 minutes ago, siouxkid12 said:

WRONG... Winning an FCS championship is a great achievement but it does not compare to winning a D1 Hockey Championship. FCS is not playing the highest level of competition like they do in hockey, hence the reason FCS is called a SUB-DIVISION.

And no, calling FCS, JV Football is not a rip on UND. When you don't play the highest level of competition, you are considered a step-below. That's just a fact...

Thank you

3 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

It's ignorant because you don't agree with it? If his opinion that FCS is JV, that's his opinion. By the definition of it not being the top tier in college football, it's fairly accurate.

It was a clean, light-hearted shot at NDSU. Pump the brakes.

I always look at it like this: When we win in hockey, we are the best in the country and our team could probably beat some mainstream pro teams. IE, some of the ECHL teams . . . When NDSU wins (or if we somehow won) in football, they are still probably about the 40th best team in the country and would get smoked by a professional practice squad. That's not to say that when they win they shouldn't be proud or happy of a great accomplishment, but it COULD be viewed as inferior. This isn't ripping NDSU, we are clearly even more inferior football wise than they are.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, joeyjr said:

I always look at it like this: When we win in hockey, we are the best in the country and our team could probably beat some mainstream pro teams. IE, some of the ECHL teams . . . When NDSU wins (or if we somehow won) in football, they are still probably about the 40th best team in the country and would get smoked by a professional practice squad. That's not to say that when they win they shouldn't be proud or happy of a great accomplishment, but it COULD be viewed as inferior. This isn't ripping NDSU, we are clearly even more inferior football wise than they are.

100% agree. Not just could be viewed as inferior, it is view as inferior and that isn't a knock. It's simply just the system in place. Until the FCS champ gets a shot at the FBS champ, it will always been seen as inferior in the CFB world.

It's really an apples to oranges comparison to say anything other.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Such an ignorant comment.  Hey buddy, UND plays FCS football too.  Seriously, statements like these really show the narrow minded, idiotic nature of some of those in the "hockey only" fan base.  I get it.  You only like UND hockey and don't care for the other sports.  But don't rip on FCS football and call it JV.  Come on man!!

Chill out.

I believe that it was more of an intended jab at the average Bison mouth breather than a shot at the level of football our schools play. "Most" UND fans acknowledge that at the end of the day our football team is competing for a 129th place and are fine with that while "many" of the mouth breathing fans have a hard time handling that fact.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, mikejm said:

Let's not get carried away favorably comparing DI hockey with FCS football.

Last I checked only 60 teams play the highest level of NCAA hockey; 125 football teams in FCS.

Are those 60 teams playing at the top level of college hockey? Yes.

Apples and oranges.

1 hour ago, siouxkid12 said:

WRONG... Winning an FCS championship is a great achievement but it does not compare to winning a D1 Hockey Championship. FCS is not playing the highest level of competition like they do in hockey, hence the reason FCS is called a SUB-DIVISION.

And no, calling FCS, JV Football is not a rip on UND. When you don't play the highest level of competition, you are considered a step-below. That's just a fact...

Not to split hairs.....but you do realize what the S in FBS stand for right?  :D   Alright.  I'm done with the derailing of this thread.  Hope the team gets to go to the White House.  Would be pretty sweet!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, mikejm said:

Let's not get carried away favorably comparing DI hockey with FCS football.

Last I checked only 60 teams play the highest level of NCAA hockey; 125 football teams in FCS.

Last I checked only 32 teams were playing in the NFL.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, petey23 said:

Chill out.

I believe that it was more of an intended jab at the average Bison mouth breather than a shot at the level of football our schools play. "Most" UND fans acknowledge that at the end of the day our football team is competing for a 129th place and are fine with that while "many" of the mouth breathing fans have a hard time handling that fact.

Didn't UND beat one of the "varsity" teams last season? Does that mean they get 128th place?

3 hours ago, siouxkid12 said:

FBS (Football Bowl Subdivision)....just saying.

3 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Not to split hairs.....but you do realize what the S in FBS stand for right?  :D   Alright.  I'm done with the derailing of this thread.  Hope the team gets to go to the White House.  Would be pretty sweet!!

Not to split hairs but you do realize that FCS = football championship subdivision and FBS is the more competitive subdivision. No big deal though....

1 hour ago, 3Putt said:

Didn't UND beat one of the "varsity" teams last season? Does that mean they get 128th place?

They did beat my other school, Wyoming.  Wyoming beat both Nevada schools.  Therefore, UND is the Wyoming and Nevada state champions.  

See, we are champions!  

6 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

No, it's ignorant for 2 reasons:

1.  You are taking a jab at FCS football not being the top tier level in the NCAA.  So while he might have had the intention of taking a shot at NDSU, he is actually ripping FCS football as a whole.  The current level that UND plays at as well.  So you may as well say that UND is JV in all of its sports other than hockey because they compete in the FCS and play in a mid major conference.

2.  Ripping on NDSU after it has won 5 consecutive Football National Championships is pretty pathetic.  I am not a Bison apologist, but I think that we can all agree that what they have accomplished in the last 5 years is pretty impressive.  I get it that they are our rival and it's always fun making fun of those guys, but when you do so in this case, it just makes you look foolish.

You are an example of why the whole country has to walk on egg shells with everything they say!

Lighten up!

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, ericpnelson said:

This post is wonderful. Just wonderful. Beautiful, really. I showed it to some really, really smart people. I know a lot of smart people. They all said to me, This is great! This is wonderful! We need more of this! Why isn't there? 

They say this to me all the time. Then there are some posts, which are, frankly, not good. I wouldn't do that. I'd only make great posts. We can do that again. We're going to. 

Have you seen this hat? What a beautiful hat

hat.jpg

You really are the Donald, aren't you!?

11 minutes ago, ericpnelson said:

This post is wonderful. Just wonderful. Beautiful, really. I showed it to some really, really smart people. I know a lot of smart people. They all said to me, This is great! This is wonderful! We need more of this! Why isn't there? 

They say this to me all the time. Then there are some posts, which are, frankly, not good. I wouldn't do that. I'd only make great posts. We can do that again. We're going to. 

Have you seen this hat? What a beautiful hat

hat.jpg

Make UND Hockey Great Again!! 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Oh, I agree with you. Tim Thomas was being a classless tool for refusing to join his teammates at the White House a few years ago.

2 hours ago, petey23 said:

If Tim Thomas didn't want to go to the White House that is fine.......just don't go. Say you have a "thing" that day. No need to step up on your soap box about it.

Tim Thomas didn't make a huge spectacle about it; he wasn't being classless and he sure as heck wasn't standing on this so called "soap box". He told Peter Chiarelli in a private meeting that he wasn't going to attend, the media is the one who kept persisting the issue.

Once the media wouldn't stop Thomas made a statement, "I believe the Federal government has grown out of control, threatening the Rights, Liberties, and Property of the People. This is being done at the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial level. This is in direct opposition to the Constitution and the Founding Fathers vision for the Federal government. Because I believe this, today I exercised my right as a Free Citizen, and did not visit the White House. This was not about politics or party, as in my opinion both parties are responsible for the situation we are in as a country. This was about a choice I had to make as an INDIVIDUAL."

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1