SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux in White House??

dden3

Reagan had them in once and Clinton had them in.  I hope this can work out for the current team.  Not sure how a trip like this gets paid for.  Ed Schafer could probably help too as well as Kennedy.

They might lump our UND champions in with other NCAA champions from other schools and do multi-sport honor kind of thing.  I think I've seen that done in the past.  FWIWI, don't think I've ever seen FCS champions invited, though, come to think of it.

2 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

They might lump our UND champions in with other NCAA champions from other schools and do multi-sport honor kind of thing.  I think I've seen that done in the past.  FWIWI, don't think I've ever seen FCS champions invited, though, come to think of it.

White house invites are for varsity Natties....JV Champs get a call from the UN Ambassador.

• Upvote 4

33 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

White house invites are for varsity Natties....JV Champs get a call from the UN Ambassador.

I knew I'd get a bite!  ;) but I thought it might be from our pals to the south. He he. Oh well. All's good!

46 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Such an ignorant comment.  Hey buddy, UND plays FCS football too.  Seriously, statements like these really show the narrow minded, idiotic nature of some of those in the "hockey only" fan base.  I get it.  You only like UND hockey and don't care for the other sports.  But don't rip on FCS football and call it JV.  Come on man!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Such an ignorant comment.  Hey buddy, UND plays FCS football too.  Seriously, statements like these really show the narrow minded, idiotic nature of some of those in the "hockey only" fan base.  I get it.  You only like UND hockey and don't care for the other sports.  But don't rip on FCS football and call it JV.  Come on man!!

Maybe take it up with Obummer. ;) :D

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

It's ignorant because you don't agree with it? If his opinion that FCS is JV, that's his opinion. By the definition of it not being the top tier in college football, it's fairly accurate.

It was a clean, light-hearted shot at NDSU. Pump the brakes.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

It's ignorant because you don't agree with it? If his opinion that FCS is JV, that's his opinion. By the definition of it not being the top tier in college football, it's fairly accurate.

It was a clean, light-hearted shot at NDSU. Pump the brakes.

No, it's ignorant for 2 reasons:

1.  You are taking a jab at FCS football not being the top tier level in the NCAA.  So while he might have had the intention of taking a shot at NDSU, he is actually ripping FCS football as a whole.  The current level that UND plays at as well.  So you may as well say that UND is JV in all of its sports other than hockey because they compete in the FCS and play in a mid major conference.

2.  Ripping on NDSU after it has won 5 consecutive Football National Championships is pretty pathetic.  I am not a Bison apologist, but I think that we can all agree that what they have accomplished in the last 5 years is pretty impressive.  I get it that they are our rival and it's always fun making fun of those guys, but when you do so in this case, it just makes you look foolish.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Dude.....it's a joke. He put a one liner on a tee and I slammed it home. 

But also stated facts, NDSU and UND do not play at the highest level of competition in the sport referenced.

That does not "rip" our own program, it's a fact. Deal with it. Nobody is "ignorant" of NDSU's awesome success, and we should envy that to also be successful in the "JV" league so to say.

I relate it to...winning the Calder Cup....or the AAA world series....or the Grey Cup..The Flint Michigan Megabowl...all awesome achievements, but not the highest level of league in their sport class...i.e. pro football.....pro baseball....Cheesy 70s throwback movies....

It's Wednesday, have a beer, breath deep and move on dude.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Dude.....it's a joke. He put a one liner on a tee and I slammed it home. 

But also stated facts, NDSU and UND do not play at the highest level of competition in the sport referenced.

That does not "rip" our own program, it's a fact. Deal with it. Nobody is "ignorant" of NDSU's awesome success, and we should envy that to also be successful in the "JV" league so to say.

I relate it to...winning the Calder Cup....or the AAA world series....or the Grey Cup..The Flint Michigan Megabowl...all awesome achievements, but not the highest level of league in their sport class...i.e. pro football.....pro baseball....Cheesy 70s throwback movies....

It's Wednesday, have a beer, breath deep and move on dude.

Calling FCS JV is a rip on UND football.  That is why I am taking offense to it.  It's not the highest level of football in the NCAA, but it is the highest level that UND competes in.  In the grand scheme of things in regards to national recognition, FCS Championships are equal to NCAA Hockey National Championships.  

To get back on topic, I doubt either NDSU or UND will be visiting the White House due both being irrelevant in the minds of the majority of people in the country compared to other sports in the NCAA. 

I will take your advice and have a beer.  Hell of a good idea!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1