SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Volleyball season

dmksioux

over 2000 with like 1200 students.  Too lazy to look up actual numbers but wow did the students show up.  4th highest attendance.

Hard to tell if we were that good or UNO was that bad.  After 2 sets UNO was negative for hitting and we finished with I think 6 errors.

9 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

over 2000 with like 1200 students.  Too lazy to look up actual numbers but wow did the students show up.  4th highest attendance.

Hard to tell if we were that good or UNO was that bad.  After 2 sets UNO was negative for hitting and we finished with I think 6 errors.

FWIW: Omaha was picked 6th in the pre-season poll in the Summit.  Tomorrow should be 2 good tests. Hope for a least a split and give Ole Miss a run for their money.

27 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

FWIW: Omaha was picked 6th in the pre-season poll in the Summit.  Tomorrow should be 2 good tests. Hope for a least a split and give Ole Miss a run for their money.

I did see that.  Also heard Pryor on Sit Down and Cheer podcast keep saying how UNO was only like 5 points from being NCAA tourney team last year.

My first thoughts on the team

-Wow, lots of height

-Look a little discombobulated at times, especially at first touch.  That will get ironed out in time

-Impressed with some of the transfers and the girl from EP.  Veil had her moments... but still looks out of sorts. 

-Good to see them come back in this game, but they made some critical mistakes at key moments that cost them 2 sets, including the last one. 

-when this team gels... I don't see why they cant win the conference and make the NCAAs this year. 

Embarrassing loss. I'm starting to think there's a problem with the coaching. Losing high end players to DII schools (Pioske, Place), ineffective offensive (tipping, soft hits) and defensive strategies (1 player in the back).  This team should have been loaded this year, but instead I don't see much promise. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Embarrassing loss. I'm starting to think there's a problem with the coaching. Losing high end players to DII schools (Pioske, Place), ineffective offensive (tipping, soft hits) and defensive strategies (1 player in the back).  This team should have been loaded this year, but instead I don't see much promise. 

I think I agree.  I miss Ashley Hardee.  

• Upvote 2