SiouxSports.com Forum

Darrell vs his neighbors - Round 37

nd1sufan

1 hour ago, SiouxVolley said:

FBS schools get a lot more publicity than FCS ones.  Lower level FBS also get more revenue from P5 games, more P5 games, more TV revenue, and CFP revenue - although the WAC won't get any money until the CFP is renewed.

Idaho got more publicity from saying their moving down than NDSU has gotten from winning an FCSU trophy.

Yes, NMSU, Univ of Idaho, ODU, etc., they are in the National news all the time.:blink:  And the more watered down the G5(or G7) or whatever it ends up being, the less money the P5 will be willing to share with the have nots of FBS. If FBS football was so profitable, why wouldn't Idaho stay in FBS and collect those huge pay days 6 or 7 times a year. They aren't going to any playoff game anyway, why not just collect the paychecks and publicity of being that bottom feeder FBS program?

Who do you suppose has gotten more national attention in the last 5 years, NDSU football or Ball State, ODU, EMU, BGSU, etc. I was watching an NBA playoff game a couple of weeks ago and the scroll on ESPN has NCAA FB news and it was Klieman signing a 6 year contract extension. How many times has NDSU football been takled about on the national sports scene in the last 4 months? 

1 minute ago, nd1sufan said:

Yes, NMSU, Univ of Idaho, ODU, etc., they are in the National news all the time.:blink:  And the more watered down the G5(or G7) or whatever it ends up being, the less money the P5 will be willing to share with the have nots of FBS. If FBS football was so profitable, why wouldn't Idaho stay in FBS and collect those huge pay days 6 or 7 times a year. They aren't going to any playoff game anyway, why not just collect the paychecks and publicity of being that bottom feeder FBS program?

Who do you suppose has gotten more national attention in the last 5 years, NDSU football or Ball State, ODU, EMU, BGSU, etc. I was watching an NBA playoff game a couple of weeks ago and the scroll on ESPN has NCAA FB news and it was Klieman signing a 6 year contract extension. How many times has NDSU football been takled about on the national sports scene in the last 4 months? 

Take Carson Wentz out of the equation and your 5 in a row and ESPN has no clue who you are. If they and others did our logos and names wouldn't be mixed up all the time. Prior to 2011 your football team meant nothing outside of ND and western Minnesota.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

if anything close to this happens the ndac might win 10 fcs titles in the row against the likes of wofford and grand valley state...good luck

22 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

and i like how you take a swipe at a couple of teams from a conference you are absolutely dying to get into...

31 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

Take Carson Wentz out of the equation and your 5 in a row and ESPN has no clue who you are. If they and others did our logos and names wouldn't be mixed up all the time. Prior to 2011 your football team meant nothing outside of ND and western Minnesota.

Why do UND fans seem to take pleasure in pointing out the obscurity of their own school? The confusion about logos/names works both ways.

16 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

Why do UND fans seem to take pleasure in pointing out the obscurity of their own school? The confusion about logos/names works both ways.

It's not taking pleasure in being obscure. It's taking pleasure when NDSU fans talk about how big time they are, but then ESPN still confuses them with UND. 

Most UND fans realize our school is obscure outside of the hockey world. NDSU fans still think everyone knows and loves Fargo and the bison. 

• Upvote 4

45 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

Actually, ESPN did know who NDSU was before Wentz stepped on the field. They broadcasted this little program call "Gameday" a couple of times from Fargo before he played a down. They have been on the ESPN network of stations more than a dozen times in the last 4 or 5 years. They actually helped NDSU get an opponent for the opening game this year so they could come back and broadcast another NDSU football game this coming year. It isn't prior to 2011 anymore, even though you UND fans would like to go back to 2003 and start over from there. Maybe it would be a little different if you hadn't been late to the party. But unfortunately for you, that ship has sailed. 

4 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

watered down-see football championship subdivision in the encyclopedia.

Well, there have been some schools that have moved up in the last 6 or 7 years that have kind of watered FCS down, maybe one within say 75 miles of NDSU.:D 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, darell1976 said:

Fact is you cant take CW out of the equation. Its been a non stop infomercial for NDSU the last 4-5 months. Its is what it is. The rest of your post is very humorous. Thanks for the chuckle.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

you don't mean the ndac when they lost to south dakota? im confused.

Pretty weak smack: considering NDSU had 15 first downs vs. USD, including a 7 play 66 yard TD drive in the 1st quarter. UND, on the other hand, had 3 first downs  vs NDSU, and, I believe, zero until late in the third quarter.

In any case, losing a game in October isn't a big deal, when you finish with a win in January.

51 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Actually, ESPN did know who NDSU was before Wentz stepped on the field. They broadcasted this little program call "Gameday" a couple of times from Fargo before he played a down. They have been on the ESPN network of stations more than a dozen times in the last 4 or 5 years. They actually helped NDSU get an opponent for the opening game this year so they could come back and broadcast another NDSU football game this coming year. It isn't prior to 2011 anymore, even though you UND fans would like to go back to 2003 and start over from there. Maybe it would be a little different if you hadn't been late to the party. But unfortunately for you, that ship has sailed. 

If UND, SDSU, Montana won 5 NC in a row I am sure we all would be a household name with ESPN, it's a run that is impressive. ESPN loves winners and I guarantee you go into a championship slump like you did from 1991-2010 ESPN will forget about you and will concentrate on the current champ.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

Pretty weak smack: considering NDSU had 15 first downs vs. USD, including a 7 play 66 yard TD drive in the 1st quarter. UND, on the other hand, had 3 first downs  vs NDSU, and, I believe, zero until late in the third quarter.

In any case, losing a game in October isn't a big deal, when you finish with a win in January.

What team went in to the locker room at half time with minus total yards ?

Just now, darell1976 said:

No, you did.

Actually no, I merely pointed out that your point about confusing NDSU and UND cuts both ways. If you want to use it to put NDSU down, you are necessarily putting UND down at the same time. I would never make that point, mistakes happen, they are pretty much meaningless.

45 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Fact is you cant take CW out of the equation. Its been a non stop infomercial for NDSU the last 4-5 months. Its is what it is. The rest of your post is very humorous. Thanks for the chuckle.

What's humorous is the complete boasting of Wentz, when he hasn't played one single snap in the NFL. What becomes of him if he flops with the Eagles and becomes Ryan Leaf 2.0? The media is making him like the next Tom Brady, guess we will find out this fall, if the Eagles do start him over Bradford.

4 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

If UND, SDSU, Montana won 5 NC in a row I am sure we all would be a household name with ESPN, it's a run that is impressive. ESPN loves winners and I guarantee you go into a championship slump like you did from 1991-2010 ESPN will forget about you and will concentrate on the current champ.

Its amusing when our rival has to bring up a time when we werent winning championships to try and make a point.

Just now, Gothmog said:

Actually no, I merely pointed out that your point about confusing NDSU and UND cuts both ways. If you want to use it to put NDSU down, you are necessarily putting UND down at the same time. I would never make that point, mistakes happen, they are pretty much meaningless.

What hurts more the fact that Carson Wentz played at UND and SDSU or they sold NDSU hats at a hockey tournament. Yes it goes both ways but we are more known nationally in the hockey world where NDSU is still mocked as a DII team among football fans across the nation. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

What hurts more the fact that Carson Wentz played at UND and SDSU or they sold NDSU hats at a hockey tournament. Yes it goes both ways but we are more known nationally in the hockey world where NDSU is still mocked as a DII team among football fans across the nation. 

How big is that hockey world?:lol: As far as being mocked I went on a month long trip this spring going through Iowa, Missouri, Arkansas, Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas.  Not once did anyone in those states mock NDSU. As a matter of fact I had great conversations with many in those states. Its nice to meet people who recognize and appreciate good football. Some of those people were SHSU fans who had nothing but great things to say about our program.

But nice try.

• Downvote 1

• UNDBIZ locked this topic