Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Fetch

Olympic Hockey

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!! said:

Ask US Soccer...

Maybe we as a country need to go back to coaching and teaching our elite top level/talent kids how to win vs. all this happy fluffy development crap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, tnt said:

Yeah, with all of those Olympians and they didn't make the Final Four.  

There was that one time they tied for 2nd in the WCHA though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Maybe we as a country need to go back to teaching all our kids how to work?

There is truth to that as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Maybe we as a country need to go back to teaching all our kids how to work?

Or have our admin how to select the bet roster possible. There’s no way that is the best we can put out there.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Put him out there with Brian Bellows and Keith Tkachuk! :D 

Isn't he Canadian?  

Or are you thinking of Brian Fellows?  Safari Planet?  :)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Spittin truth, I mean honestly, NOBODY wants the Fins when it comes to women's hockey.  For realz.

 

I guess I’m not surprised he didn’t say anything about the men’s hockey games today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Spittin truth, I mean honestly, NOBODY wants the Fins when it comes to women's hockey.  For realz.

 

It's a 2 horse race. As it always is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, UNDBIZ said:

It's a 2 horse race. As it always is. 

I mostly agree, but the Fins have a goalie capable of stealing one in Raty. So they have a punchers chance.

The US needs to win gold this year.  No excuses, they are the better team.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I left for work with USA up (and rolling) 2-0 after two.  This loss is shocking.   It's conceivable that they may not win a game in South Korea.

It caught me off guard to hear Pierre McGuire say that "he wouldn't be surprised if any of the college guys left to go pro after the Olympics."  I doubt Terry would go but Greenway and Denato's teams are on the NCAA Bubble so I guess that makes a little bit of sense if they were to bolt. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, GoalieMask said:

I left for work with USA up (and rolling) 2-0 after two.  This loss is shocking.   It's conceivable that they may not win a game in South Korea.

It caught me off guard to hear Pierre McGuire say that "he wouldn't be surprised if any of the college guys left to go pro after the Olympics."  I doubt Terry would go but Greenway and Denato's teams are on the NCAA Bubble so I guess that makes a little bit of sense if they were to bolt. 

 

As a Wild fan, I'd take Greenway right now!!  Need a big bodied forward to move guys around down low and score some goals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, GoalieMask said:

I left for work with USA up (and rolling) 2-0 after two.  This loss is shocking.   It's conceivable that they may not win a game in South Korea.

It caught me off guard to hear Pierre McGuire say that "he wouldn't be surprised if any of the college guys left to go pro after the Olympics."  I doubt Terry would go but Greenway and Denato's teams are on the NCAA Bubble so I guess that makes a little bit of sense if they were to bolt. 

 

Agreed that the US was rolling early and let it get away late.  They had good puck control, were skating well and were outshooting Slovenia pretty bad.

Also agreed that they could go winless during these Olympics.

Regarding Pierre's comments - I took it to mean that he said those guys would be in the NHL by the end of the year...after their college season is complete.  I didn't think he meant going to the NHL directly after the Olympics...but I could have misheard or misunderstood him too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Isn't he Canadian?  

Or are you thinking of Brian Fellows?  Safari Planet?  :)

Bellows and Tkachuk kids played for USA U20s in 2018. You saying "Dad" Bellows is a Canadian? Roenick is American. 

Fine. 

Put Roenick and Tkachuk out there with Brian Boitano! Worst that could happen is we lose to Slovenia .... oh ... wait ... :unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!! said:

Ask US Soccer...

and if they get humiliated the same way, what will be the reaction?

If the NHL will not provide players for 2022, how can the US adapt to avoid this being the new normal?

The only thing right now that USMNT got out of that was a epic rant. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/9/2017 at 12:16 PM, darell1976 said:

I miss the day the Olympics was a bunch of amateurs not dream teams. 

Except for the eastern bloc countries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Except for the eastern bloc countries.

Now that there are no NHL players, can we get it so basketball are non-NBA players. Dream teams ruin the olympics. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

and if they get humiliated the same way, what will be the reaction?

If the NHL will not provide players for 2022, how can the US adapt to avoid this being the new normal?

The only thing right now that USMNT got out of that was a epic rant. 

 

Greedy Gary has already said theNHL would be at the 2022 games as they're in China largest population in the world 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vegas_Sioux said:

Greedy Gary has already said theNHL would be at the 2022 games as they're in China largest population in the world 

I heard they weren’t 100% going.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×