SiouxSports.com Forum

Olympic Hockey

Fetch

22 minutes ago, franchise said:

After failing to medal in men's curling, losing gold in women's hockey...if they don't even medal in mens....ohhhh boy

There will be rioting at every Tim Horton's minutes following.......................................

20 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Probably 0 because any kid who says that is the name of it will get dusted

Well yeah.  They aren't going to announce the name of the move but I bet there were more than a few who tried it in practice.  Honestly, it looks cool on TV but it is a pretty simple move to pull off, fake shot, backhand, forehand, and in.  I've seen Pee Wees pull it off.

I'm all for Star Spangled Dangle

16 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

This is absolutely how YOU feel about this. It's an honor for guys like you and I because we are not elite athletes that are that close to winning a gold. Canada was on the doorstep of being the most dominant team in Olympic winter sports (would have passed the Soviets with 5 straight gold medals) history, but they lost.

Not many sports are team sports in the Olympics. So, when you're competing against a clock and the emotion is different. In hockey, you are directly battling someone in front of you and when you lose at that level, it hurts. Individual sport.... your last run, race, sprint, etc., EARNS you the silver. Team sports.... your battle results in a loss to your direct opponent at that time and you are given the silver, because of a loss. Completely different.

D@mn right. She didn't throw a tantrum. She just simple removed the medal because it disappointed her. 

I completely and 100% support this Canadian woman.  She didn't cause a scene, she was not disrespectful, she didn't throw the medal into the stands, she simply removed it.  I can completely understand the emotions and the reason why.  It probably felt like a boulder around her neck after losing such a heartbreaking game.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, tnt said:

The whole thing about the men's Olympic hockey this year is that it doesn't seem worth getting worked up over losing.  Our scrubs are better than yours is hardly a winning battle cry. 

The Canadians know this isn't their best.  They aren't going to get too worked up over not winning gold but losing to Germany when the path to the gold medal game was laid out before them, that has to sting.  They should take comfort in the fact that they won't get their pants pulled down, behinds spanked, and completely embarrassed in front of the world by the Russians though.  So at least they got that. 

We should all be hoping for a Russian domination of Germany in the final game.  Maybe then the NHL will come to an agreement for China.  Personally, I am cheering hard for Deutschland.

50 minutes ago, Yote 53 said:

The Canadians know this isn't their best.  They aren't going to get too worked up over not winning gold but losing to Germany when the path to the gold medal game was laid out before them, that has to sting.  They should take comfort in the fact that they won't get their pants pulled down, behinds spanked, and completely embarrassed in front of the world by the Russians though.  So at least they got that. 

We should all be hoping for a Russian domination of Germany in the final game.  Maybe then the NHL will come to an agreement for China.  Personally, I am cheering hard for Deutschland.

I hate to agree with that comment, but I do.  The team formerly known as CCCP will simply prove that its top professional league is better than the rest of the world's scrubs.  What a total missed opportunity for the NHL. 

• Downvote 1

26 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I hate to agree with that comment, but I do.  The team formerly known as CCCP will simply prove that its top professional league is better than the rest of the world's scrubs.  What a total missed opportunity for the NHL. 

Watch Germany shock the world and win.

• Upvote 1

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 1:40 AM, farce poobah said:

Worst thing about this is it will be hard to fire Stauber now.

I thought all that mattered with coaching was Championships???  Some  folks here  claimed  Hakstol's teams hadn't won a National title, so he wasn't a good coach.  We only count "Natty's".  With that line of thinking, in Staubers world they only count " Gold's".   I would think  based on that criteria, those same people  would want Stauber to keep coaching. I thought he was an idiot not to have played the twins in the third or paired them in OT.  Not to have them shoot in the 5 shot shootout didn't make sense to me.  Now that he has won Gold I guess I am the idiot because that is the only criteria some think we judge a coach on. Stauber obviously proved me wrong.

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

I thought all that mattered with coaching was Championships???  Some  folks here  claimed  Hakstol's teams hadn't won a National title, so he wasn't a good coach.  We only count "Natty's".  With that line of thinking, in Staubers world they only count " Gold's".   I would think  based on that criteria, those same people  would want Stauber to keep coaching. I thought he was an idiot not to have played the twins in the third or paired them in OT.  Not to have them shoot in the 5 shot shootout didn't make sense to me.  Now that he has won Gold I guess I am the idiot because that is the only criteria some think we judge a coach on. Stauber obviously proved me wrong.

I’ve heard the twins haven’t been happy with him as coach for a while now.