SiouxSports.com Forum

Olympic Hockey

Fetch

I know this is the hockey thread - but what a turnaround for Team Shuster.  I had been dogging him at the start of this tournament because, well, they were doing what they always do.  Now four straight huge wins against the top teams in the tournament

USA has been owning Canada for the last 12 hours and it makes me happy.

USA vs. Sweden for gold at 12:35 AM Saturday.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, Pump It Up said:

I know this is the hockey thread - but what a turnaround for Team Shuster.  I had been dogging him at the start of this tournament because, well, they were doing what they always do.  Now four straight huge wins against the top teams in the tournament

USA has been owning Canada for the last 12 hours and it makes me happy.

USA vs. Sweden for gold at 12:35 AM Saturday.

Agree. Pretty incredible considering he was basically missing the equivalent of layups in BB almost shot after shot the first 6 matches.  Outside of what happened last night it's the most compelling USA story IMO. To beat Canada twice is amazing.

10 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Losing hurts more than winning feels good.

Behavior finance studies concluded this with investing as well. Explains a lot as to why investors make so many mistakes driven by emotion rather than logic but I digress...

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Probably 0 because any kid who says that is the name of it will get dusted

Unless a boy under 13 admits to having a Brittany Spears poster tacked to his ceiling......................................then he's good.

• Upvote 1

NBC can suck a ****!  What the **** is their problem.  Their website is full of spoilers.. avoided social media all day so I could stream the USA/Canada curling match, and their streaming link said who won!  Who the **** at NBC thinks this is a good idea.  I really hope ESPN3 gets the next olympic deal.  Everything would be so simple with espn3.

1 minute ago, nodak651 said:

NBC can suck a ****!  What the **** is their problem.  Their website is full of spoilers.. avoided social media all day so I could stream the USA/Canada curling match, and their streaming link said who won!  Who the **** at NBC thinks this is a good idea.  I really hope ESPN3 gets the next olympic deal.  Everything would be so simple with espn3.

Still will be NBC. 

Congrats to the twins, by the way.  They were the best players on the ice for Team USA, by a long shot.  They play the game the way it was meant to be played.  Not sure that the are the most talented, but they have a level of grit and determination that is matched by few, and they are a blast to watch.  Makes me miss Mario as well - might be my favorite all time player at UND.  Sucks we had to drop women's hockey, but it was the best way to create a strong athletic department as a whole.    The women's goalies are also really fun to watch.   Hate to say it, but I was happy to see Poulin lose - she was a huge pest, and one of those players that are fun to hate, but if she was on our team, I would love her haha.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, nodak651 said:

Congrats to the twins, by the way.  They were the best players on the ice for Team USA, by a long shot.  They play the game the way it was meant to be played.  Not sure that the are the most talented, but they have a level of grit and determination that is matched by few, and they are a blast to watch.  Makes me miss Mario as well - might be my favorite all time player at UND.  Sucks we had to drop women's hockey, but it was the best way to create a strong athletic department as a whole.    The women's goalies are also really fun to watch.   Hate to say it, but I was happy to see Poulin lose - she was a huge pest, and one of those players that are fun to hate, but if she was on our team, I would love her haha.

and to think Poulin was almost at UND...came down to BU and UND if I remember.

33 minutes ago, petey23 said:

and to think Poulin was almost at UND...came down to BU and UND if I remember.

Damn!  With her, we might have had a chance at 2nd place in the WCHA now and again instead of alternating between third and fourth every year, depending on what kind of a season UMD was having.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Am I the only person that does not have a problem with this?  Not like she throw the medal or refused it, she simply took it off.  I'm sure the see it as losing the Gold rather than winning Silver.  With really only 2 teams the have a chance to win gold.  You are either the winner or the loser. 

14 minutes ago, Big Green said:

Am I the only person that does not have a problem with this?  Not like she throw the medal or refused it, she simply took it off.  I'm sure the see it as losing the Gold rather than winning Silver.  With really only 2 teams the have a chance to win gold.  You are either the winner or the loser. 

Nope! I'm with ya.

The U.S. did this four years ago. Those women worked their tails off for four years to wear a gold medal, not a silver. They were disappointed. I see no reason to be upset about this. In hindsight, when they've stepped back, they can realize the accomplishment. In that instance, after that battle and coming up short, the response seems incredibly reasonable.

Ugh, the DailyMail and their dramatics.