SiouxSports.com Forum

Place, Harnett, Spacek GONE? Pryor next?

Vballfan

Coach Pryor apparently  has missed a majority of the spring practices and games (scrimmages). What's the story?  This is unheard of in college athletics,  and completely unfair and negligent  to the players on the roster.  Spring practices and games are CRITICAL in the development of players. Was told he was an obvious no show at the NDSU scrimmage yesterday in Fargo.  Parents seem to be very concerned.  With the loss of several key players that have transferred after the season, things seem to be unraveling.  Why is there no roster on the website?    Hmmm...

5 minutes ago, Vballfan said:

Coach Pryor apparently  has missed a majority of the spring practices and games (scrimmages). What's the story?  This is unheard of in college athletics,  and completely unfair and negligent  to the players on the roster.  Spring practices and games are CRITICAL in the development of players. Was told he was an obvious no show at the NDSU scrimmage yesterday in Fargo.  Parents seem to be very concerned.  With the loss of several key players that have transferred after the season, things seem to be unraveling.  Why is there no roster on the website?    Hmmm...

Everyone is so focused on hanging #8 and the budget crisis that some things are slipping through the cracks.

1 hour ago, Vballfan said:

Why is there no roster on the website?    Hmmm...

You mean this one: http://www.undsports.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13500&SPID=6387&SPSID=58559&KEY=&Q_SEASON=2015 ?

When you go to the normal page, it takes you to a "2016 Roster" since we are in the year 2016, but there techincally isn't a 2016 version of the team yet, so it doesn't show anything. Its the weird thing that happens with the turn of the calendar year with teams that are only one year based and not split over two years (Teams that purely have a 2015 schedule, instead of a 2015-16 schedule).

I guess I'm confused about the roster not posted.  Wouldn't that logic apply to the football team as well? They both ended their schedule in Nov.. The football team has their roster on the site?  Not a big deal, just thought it was peculiar. Something is going on...that's for sure..

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't go into panic mode quite yet. They had 8 freshman on the team last season. Does anyone really expect all of them to stick around all 4 years? That would have left just 4 scholarships left for the next three years (assuming they were all on scholarship). They're kids; some are looking for the right school, or more playing time, or to be closer to the boyfriend/family, or whatever else is important to them. And since they presumably came here to play volleyball, it that's not an option why would they stick around, especially after only one year at UND?

Place saw a lot of playing time, based upon the past year I'd say she's the biggest lost. While the others *might* have turned out to be great players for the program, based upon last years playing time, and the new players coming into the program, I wouldn't worry too much about the transfers. I think it'll be a net gain for the program.