Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
cberkas

2016-2017 College Hockey (Non UND Hockey)

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

It would be hilarious if they grabbed Minnesota State after a lot of their fans bagged on UND for leaving the WCHA.

Or is ASU the NCHC replacement for UND when they go to B1G hockey? :ohmy:

:p

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

It would be hilarious if they grabbed Minnesota State after a lot of their fans bagged on UND for leaving the WCHA.

If I were Mankato, Bemidji, Michigan Tech, or anyone else in the WCHA, I'd stay in the WCHA. Why move from where you are a contender to a conference where you would be fighting for the last home ice spot in the NCHC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The NCHC is denying that Arizona State has an agreement to join the NCHC.  I suppose they just want to dot the i's and cross the t's before it's a done deal.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, cberkas said:

If I were Mankato, Bemidji, Michigan Tech, or anyone else in the WCHA, I'd stay in the WCHA. Why move from where you are a contender to a conference where you would be fighting for the last home ice spot in the NCHC. 

Other choices would be Bowling Green, Ferris State? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, squirtcoach said:

Fenton denies it

Because it's unofficially official.

Presidents aren't voting til next month but straw polls have them in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Because it's unofficially official.

Presidents aren't voting til next month but straw polls have them in.

That's my gut feeling, too.  He is probably pissed someone leaked it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I chatted with a certain person (an insider, let's say :D) who was very adamant that they won't be a 9 team conference. Granted, this was over a year ago when ASU was first starting hockey. So if the story is true, then they're probably waiting for that 10th team before they announce anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, UND1981 said:

Other choices would be Bowling Green, Ferris State? 

I would love to see Bowling Green. puts them close to Miami (I would like to see them get a close rival) and not soooooooo far from Western Michigan. Haven't been there in a few years, but it was a fun little arena too.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ASU currently has no concrete plans for an arena outside of their current home which seats ~750 people. Guessing that needs to be figured out before the NCHC would make anything official.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, joeyjr said:

I would love to see Bowling Green. puts them close to Miami (I would like to see them get a close rival) and not soooooooo far from Western Michigan. Haven't been there in a few years, but it was a fun little arena too.

Yes, they would be a great addition. I also like the fact that BGSU is D1 across the board.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

The NCHC will be an 8 team conference after it adds ASU ... and UND goes as an affiliate to the B1G. 

< diving for cover under table > 

If the NCHC does add Arizona State I think I would be fine with UND going to the B1G.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

The NCHC will be an 8 team conference after it adds ASU ... and UND goes as an affiliate to the B1G. 

< diving for cover under table > 

Either that or Bowling Green gets added.

Think Miami and W Michigan would leave if Mankato get added.   They would start a new CCHA with BGSU, Ferris, and western AHA schools.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adding Simon Fraser and even Minot St would seem prudent for a future WCHA right now.  Simon Fraser would guarantee eight games total vs USA and UAF, so Michigan schools don't have to travel to Alaska more than once.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SiouxVolley said:

Adding Simon Fraser and even Minot St would seem prudent for a future WCHA right now.  Simon Fraser would guarantee eight games total vs USA and UAF, so Michigan schools don't have to travel to Alaska more than once.

So let me get this straight.....it would be prudent for the wcha to add 2 more schools that virtually all of the other schools would need to fly to. And not only add those flights but those schol are also small schools with small budgets that are extremely unstable?

Yeah, that does sound like a good, prudent, fiscally responsible idea.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×