SiouxSports.com Forum

2016-2017 College Hockey (Non UND Hockey)

cberkas

1 hour ago, siouxforce19 said:

This has been going on for a few weeks. This one dude was freaking out and ranting to the USCHO twitter account like they were the ones who voted in the poll. Complaining about being disrespected because Penn State doesn't have any history or tradition like the other schools in the polls.

that's because they don't...duh! :)

Didn't mean to upset the Goofers who monitor this site (ok maybe a little), but when I say they are "average program" now, thats exactly what I mean.  Thats not to say its a bad program, its just that it does not rise to the level of a UND or BC program.  You may not want to admit it, but its true.  And missing the NCAAs when you are in the Weak 6 conference is inexcusable. 

This years UND team looks exciting--I just can't stop thinking what this team would look like if it didn't lose 5 underclassmen.  Repeat.   

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

http://undhockey.areavoices.com/?p=103762

Pretty impressive numbers on the run UND has been on the last few years.  The one that really stood out was our record in non conference regular season games.  Which we all know plays a huge roll in the Pairwise come playoff selection time.  In the past 27 regular season non conference games, UND is 23-1-3.  Pretty impressive.  Just guessing, but that has to be the best in the nation.  

Looking at other schools records, you can see how loses in non conference games really hurt a team.  The Gophers are 9-18 in their last 27 non conference games, which also includes going 1-14 against Minnesota teams during that stretch.  If you play in a weak league like the B1G. non conference games are even more important.  And the Gophers have proven that.  

15 hours ago, Hockeynerd88 said:

This years UND team looks exciting--I just can't stop thinking what this team would look like if it didn't lose 5 underclassmen.  Repeat.   

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, there would be plenty of treats for all the kids at Christmas!

• Upvote 2

On 10/21/2016 at 11:46 PM, keikla said:

I might be biased cause I live here, but I'm glad Maine is doing so well this season.  They've had a rough stretch for quite awhile now.  If I remember correctly, it took them until February to win a home game in the 14-15 season.

Agreed. College hockey is better when Maine is among the elite. I know Maine fans were kicking themselves and the administration for not bringing in Montgomery, but it is nice to see their early success this season. 

57 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Taking time off from posting on the www.firebriankelly.com message board to come over here, johnny?

No I'm still on team BK! though I did sign a change.org petition to get the defensive coordinator fired and two days later he was gone!

13 minutes ago, southpaw said:

This week's Stump the Coach video from the NCHC is Miami.  Great answers plus another shout out to the Ralph and UND fans. 

http://www.nchc.tv/nchc/video/nchc-stump-the-coach-game-show---miami-10-26-16

I love the instantaneous answer of "North Dakota" or "The Ralph" from every single player and coach thus far.

I'm really interested to see if anyone picks a different rink.

3 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I love the instantaneous answer of "North Dakota" or "The Ralph" from every single player and coach thus far.

I'm really interested to see if anyone picks a different rink.

When it's UND's turn, they'll say something other than the Ralph because the question pertains to another team's barn. My guess is, they'll say Magness Arena (not because of the 1,000 or so DU fans but because of how electric the atmosphere is and the playoff-like feel all of those games have).  Easily my favorite road series of the year.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

When it's UND's turn, they'll say something other than the Ralph because the question pertains to another team's barn. My guess is, they'll say Magness Arena (not because of the 10 or so DU fans but because of ALL THE UND FANS THAT GO AND CREATE A playoff-like feel all of those games have).  Easily my favorite road series of the year.

FYP

• Upvote 2