SiouxSports.com Forum

2016-2017 College Hockey (Non UND Hockey)

cberkas

30 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Looks like the "budget issues forced Blais out" talk was somewhat exaggerated. 

Gabinet getting $50,000 for a Frozen Four and $75,000 for a National Title tells me they don't expect him to get either one. Alberts did say that funding wouldn't be an issue when they started looking. Who did Gabinet beat out for the job is the better question? And how much do the assistants get?

The rumors coming from Omaha fans is the coaches can't go on recruiting trips and the school doesn't offer FCOA. I'm not sure on the recruiting trips, but the FCOA is true.

Just now, MafiaMan said:

Why?  Do you think they have a better candidate in mind?

I think they go with someone younger. According to Michigan State fans on USCHO Hollis wants a Michigan State Man, Gwozdecky is more of a Denver Man to me.

Just now, MafiaMan said:

A Michigan State man?  Hmnnnn...

He played there. Cole's name is out there for both Michigan and Michigan State, it sounds like he's been getting blamed for the U18 team not being very good (coaches the U17 team).

IMHO Michigan State should be begging Gwoz to sign on and be the guy.  Get some buzz going around the hockey team again in East Lansing.

Bucky got a popular name, created some buzz, and they were an OT win away from making the NCAA tournament this year.  

Plus I'd feel way better about Sparty beating us in our rink if Gwoz was the head coach.....:unsure:

17 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

IMHO Michigan State should be begging Gwoz to sign on and be the guy.  Get some buzz going around the hockey team again in East Lansing.

Bucky got a popular name, created some buzz, and they were an OT win away from making the NCAA tournament this year.  

Plus I'd feel way better about Sparty beating us in our rink if Gwoz was the head coach.....:unsure:

We would have this to look forward to....Gwoz venturing out onto the ice. :)

0.jpg

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Wisconsin going by the Eaves recruiting timeline should have been good this season and contenting next season. I wonder how long Tony will stay at Wisconsin.

Who knows what Michigan State will do, Anastos was a very "out of left field" hire, and Michigan State wants to hire former CCHA commissioners Fred Pletsch is available ;). Gwozdecky could be too much for Michigan State.