SiouxSports.com Forum

2016-2017 College Hockey (Non UND Hockey)

cberkas

1 hour ago, southpaw said:

That familiarity does help, but if you take a look at the four games on either side of that matchup, AF was giving up 3.2 goals per game.  

If you look at the last 10 Air Force games, they're giving up 1.2 goals per game and 4 of those 10 games have been shutouts.  Quite a different team and why they have just two losses in their last 17 games.

True.  It should be a great game, but I think the fact that we'll have Blacker who had mono when we played them last, and our familiarity will work out for us.  Also the fact that their 2nd half of the season wasn't exactly filled with the same quality teams we were playing.  Since Dec 2nd their best opponent was Cannisus at 25 in the pwr who they lost and tied against, with the majority of their wins coming against teams in the 40s and 50s. 

Edited by ubish
great minds think alike TNT
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

11 years ago today!!  Seems like just yesterday. Still doesn't get old watching this clip!!

Ya, that's a winner, was there for that one. Watched the replay clip several hundred times. Our GF guy Ryan Potulny loses the puck and the Saints take it the distance for the game winner in OT. The crowd goes nuts, Holy Cross never had that many fans cheering for them, they were on cloud 9. 

I can draw a potential similarity from the fans in that game to the crowd in the tonight game giving the Dogs hell.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Ya, that's a winner, was there for that one. Watched the replay clip several hundred times. Our GF guy Ryan Potulny loses the puck and the Saints take it the distance for the game winner in OT. The crowd goes nuts, Holy Cross never had that many fans cheering for them, they were on cloud 9. 

I can draw a potential similarity from the fans in that game to the crowd in the tonight game giving the Dogs hell.

There may not be a lot of people wearing the scarlet and gray at Scheels Arena tonight, but there will definitely be plenty ofBuckeye fans in the crowd cheering them on!!

• Upvote 1

Vegoe @evegoe 1h1 hour ago

Don Lucia told @1500ESPNJudd this morning that he'd prefer the top 8 seeds host the first round of the NCAA Tournament.

Eric Vegoe @evegoe 2h2 hours ago

Lucia noted Lowell is close to home, North Dakota and Providence are basically home, and aren't top seeds... so top seed doesn't mean much.

Eric Vegoe @evegoe 2h2 hours ago

Lucia said the only advantages to being top seed are getting to choose your practice times, last change, always playing good teams in NCAA.

13 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Air Force leads Western Michigan 3-1

Should have been no goal, offsides.

Would love the NCAA to explain how that goal stand and UND's is overturned. Seems like both sets of officials got it wrong.  And I work for AF hockey.

Just now, southpaw said:

Would love the NCAA to explain how that goal stand and UND's is overturned. Seems like both sets of officials got it wrong.  And I work for AF hockey.

The one replay his foot was off the ice and the blue line view he was in the zone. Bad call.

1 minute ago, southpaw said:

I would love to see the tape of the indistputable evidence in the UND game.  !@#$, ESPN couldn't piece it together all night using two still frame shots.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, southpaw said:

Does the ncaa have people determine good goals or not. Cus if it was just the individual refs on the ice that determined it than that's bull$%!#. Can't use excuse the linesmen thought it was offside. He should have called it then.