SiouxSports.com Forum

2016-2017 College Hockey (Non UND Hockey)

cberkas

1 minute ago, ubish said:

Thanks!  I'm pulling for UND if we can't do it, but baby steps..... we have to win an NCAA game first which as of today, is something this program has never done. 

And you're going up against one of the hottest defensive teams in the nation.  If WMU gets to 3 goals, they win as AF doesn't have the offensive firepower.  But Shane Starett could easily lead them to the Frozen Four.

Just now, SWSiouxMN said:

If not UND, Tech or bust.

My problem is that the worst case scenario is Minnesota winning, so until they are ousted, I want formidable opponents to stay alive on that side of the bracket. 

10 minutes ago, ubish said:

Thanks!  I'm pulling for UND if we can't do it, but baby steps..... we have to win an NCAA game first which as of today, is something this program has never done. 

Best of luck. Nice to see you guys in there. Solid year for your program.

1 hour ago, ubish said:

What's the status of the two WMU forwards that didn't play at Target? 

That's going to be huge for WMU. 

3 hours ago, runaroundsioux said:

"In the last couple of weeks it lost three games in a row, including the two final games of the season to a loaded Michigan squad."

That loaded team that finished 13-19-3 and 37th in the pairwise. 

2015-16 Michigan, they could have done a better job at writing the beginning.

I did think that too.

3 hours ago, runaroundsioux said:

"In the last couple of weeks it lost three games in a row, including the two final games of the season to a loaded Michigan squad."

I thought Michigan played like they were loaded.

IYKWIM. nudge nudge wink wink

14 hours ago, runaroundsioux said:

"Loaded" as in talented, or 
"Loaded" as in blitzed on Blatz to try to forget the nightmare of a season they're having. 

Holy crap. These guys have a serious persecution complex. Only big ten hockey teams could have the best funding, excellent facilities, their own tv network, and every other advantage you can think of and still complain oabout how the deck is stacked against them. They are quickly moving from being disliked to having a collective eye roll every time they talk.

• Upvote 3