SiouxSports.com Forum

2016-2017 College Hockey (Non UND Hockey)

cberkas

The best thing about this time of year is hearing how everyone (just the B1G fans) complain about how the B1G Tournament sucks and how they want the WCHA Final Five back. They seem to fight amongst the fan bases and Penn State is to blame.

6 hours ago, cberkas said:

The B1G announced the attendance at 2,791, but 430 and 472 are from Minnesota fans that counted the crowd. The Thursday games they counted 218.

Minnesota fans counted?  They may practice spelling fairly often, but their math skills are going to be down there at the bottom along side their reasoning skills and looks.  YUGE margin of error. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, cberkas said:

The best thing about this time of year is hearing how everyone (just the B1G fans) complain about how the B1G Tournament sucks and how they want the WCHA Final Five back. They seem to fight amongst the fan bases and Penn State is to blame.

Actually, much of what I read yesterday liked to point out how the NCHC "isn't much better."  

Which, of course, begs the question:

If 8,000 Sioux fans attend a hockey game in a forest on Greenland and a tree falls, will a Gopher fan be around to grumble that UND fans "don't really travel as well as they say they do?"

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Actually, much of what I read yesterday liked to point out how the NCHC "isn't much better."  

Which, of course, begs the question:

If 8,000 Sioux fans attend a hockey game in a forest on Greenland and a tree falls, will a Gopher fan be around to grumble that UND fans "don't really travel as well as they say they do?"

If that Gopher fan is Jeff Dubay, odds are...

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, cberkas said:

I would sayN the Big Ten is to blame.  They could have left things the way they were, but had to get greedy and look what happened.  Hard to blame a college for creating a hockey team.  We want the game to grow Right?

NCHC Reg season> WCHA Reg Season

• Upvote 1

My favorite part about all of this is the fact that the true Minnesota hockey fans knew it was a mistake, and cringed when faced with the reality.  

I was at Alarys talking to a bandwagon Gopher fan the last year of the WCHA and she went on and on about the bigger and better future ahead because of the big ten conference.  A true Minnesota fan jumps into the convo and tells the gal to "shut the fvck up, this will suck $hit for us" (Minnesota).  

Funny how right drunk hockey fan was before it all started....

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, burd said:

Minnesota fans counted?  They may practice spelling fairly often, but their math skills are going to be down there at the bottom along side their reasoning skills and looks.  YUGE margin of error. 

I'll take the 472 and 430 to be more accurate then 2,791 the B1G said, there are people who went that were told they had to move from the upper level to the lower bowl when they got there.

4 hours ago, Big Green said:

I would sayN the Big Ten is to blame.  They could have left things the way they were, but had to get greedy and look what happened.  Hard to blame a college for creating a hockey team.  We want the game to grow Right?

NCHC Reg season> WCHA Reg Season

They still blame the NCHC.

4 hours ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

The end of the BU/BC game got a little violent. Maybe some guys get a game suspension. 

"Violent" is a relative term it seems. 

I still can't believe that hit on Kunin late in the OSU/UW game was worth a major (much less a minor). 

6 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

"Violent" is a relative term it seems. 

I still can't believe that hit on Kunin late in the OSU/UW game was worth a major (much less a minor). 

Healy I think is his name was clearly trying to injure Kunin and Greenway, hit both in the head. 

1 minute ago, cberkas said:

Healy I think is his name was clearly trying to injure Kunin and Greenway, hit both in the head. 

The replays I saw did not show contact to the head of Kunin. (Was watching the game live on BTN.) 

Was the hit on Kunin dangerous because it was at the bench and not where there's glass? Yes. But not worth a major. 

• Upvote 1

I watched the majority of OSU/UW and PSU/UMn yesterday. The B1G plays down the middle of the ice. There's no board play. And because of that it seems that any heavy contact is automatically a penalty. 

The female companion watching with me called them "fluffy cake-eaters*". :lol:

*You know it's bad when she sees it, recognizes it, and calls it out. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Wilbur said:

My favorite part about all of this is the fact that the true Minnesota hockey fans knew it was a mistake, and cringed when faced with the reality.  

I was at Alarys talking to a bandwagon Gopher fan the last year of the WCHA and she went on and on about the bigger and better future ahead because of the big ten conference.  A true Minnesota fan jumps into the convo and tells the gal to "shut the fvck up, this will suck $hit for us" (Minnesota).  

Funny how right drunk hockey fan was before it all started....

Wisconsin cringed at the beginning of this also.

24 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

The replays I saw did not show contact to the head of Kunin. (Was watching the game live on BTN.) 

Was the hit on Kunin dangerous because it was at the bench and not where there's glass? Yes. But not worth a major. 

I watched the game too and he was targeting the head on both guys. He's done this his whole time at Ohio State and there needs to be harsher consequences when you get too many 5 minute majors, contact to the head, and game misconducts/DQ's.