SiouxSports.com Forum

2016-2017 College Hockey (Non UND Hockey)

cberkas

21 minutes ago, brianvf said:

MSUM and ASU make 10.  There it is.

Joe Paisley of the Gazette commented about AF as a member. All due respect, Air Force would be a perennial bottom feeder in the NCHC. I think Atlantic Hockey is the right fit for AF.

3 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Joe Paisley of the Gazette commented about AF as a member. All due respect, Air Force would be a perennial bottom feeder in the NCHC. I think Atlantic Hockey is the right fit for AF.

I'm a huge AF fan, and I agree. If they look to get out of the AHA, the WCHA is the only option and they'd probably be middle of the road there. 

7 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Who is Crhis Diks?

I know you are kidding, but the guy who blamed UND and the NCHC for a lot of the upheaval.  Wonder if he would be as ruthless on Mankato as he was on UND for choosing to bolt.  Even if they don't get in, I would expect a commentary on what a classless move this is by Mankato.  It's not like they would have let the WCHA know all this but for the Open Records request by Schlossman.  Waiting for the article ...

I'd be fine with MSUM in the NCHC, as that was always a fun rivalry in the WCHA. UND almost always took care of business, but I remember some pretty heated games against them in the mid 2000s. That and my brother went to grad school (after UND), would be fun to be able to drive there from the cities to watch some games.

Still not a huge fan of bringing in a team like ASU, but maybe it will work out well.

• Upvote 1

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 8:27 AM, siouxfan512 said:

I'd be fine with MSUM in the NCHC, as that was always a fun rivalry in the WCHA. UND almost always took care of business, but I remember some pretty heated games against them in the mid 2000s. That and my brother went to grad school (after UND), would be fun to be able to drive there from the cities to watch some games.

Still not a huge fan of bringing in a team like ASU, but maybe it will work out well.

Not sure how good Moorhead's club team is, but I do know that currently Chris Dilks is a real goofer on Twitter. Not a big fan.
Can someone recount how his story went of UND being the reason for the upheaval? Did he blame it on us for being racist or..?

1 hour ago, ClassB said:

Not sure how good Moorhead's club team is, but I do know that currently Chris Dilks is a real goofer on Twitter. Not a big fan.
Can someone recount how his story went of UND being the reason for the upheaval? Did he blame it on us for being racist or..?

He blamed it all on UND and he takes shots at the B1G every chance he gets.

On 7/15/2016 at 2:05 PM, ClassB said:

That's the way the fans of the teams that weren't like-minded schools spun it. Apparently, Gwoz and Faison were the driving forces behind the NCHC.I thought it was a great move. The other schools in the mix don't seem to get the blame that DU and UND do. SCSU begged to get into the NCHC, but don't share any of the blame. Same with Duluth, Miami, UNO and C.C.. 

Again, Dilks trolls UND fans because he knows he will get a reaction and it gets him page view and sessions for his SBN College Hockey. That's what keeps his blog running. It's a smart move. 

16 hours ago, Goon said:

That's the way the fans of the teams that weren't like-minded schools spun it. Apparently, Gwoz and Faison were the driving forces behind the NCHC.I thought it was a great move. The other schools in the mix don't seem to get the blame that DU and UND do. SCSU begged to get into the NCHC, but don't share any of the blame. Same with Duluth, Miami, UNO and C.C.. 

Again, Dilks trolls UND fans because he knows he will get a reaction and it gets him page view and sessions for his SBN College Hockey. That's what keeps his blog running. It's a smart move. 

Brad Schlossman gets plenty o' hits on his blog, and does it without trolling, and by being a consummate professional - even smarter on his part.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DamStrait said:

Brad Schlossman gets plenty o' hits on his blog, and does it without trolling, and by being a consummate professional - even smarter on his part.

No doubt.  Helps that Brad is about 1000x better than Dilks as well.  :)

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, cberkas said:

I'm not sure Lucia is worth how much he's going to get with his 2 year extension.

I was thinking the same thing. I dislike Lucia immensely, however if he gets his squad to keep under performing I am all for that. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

On 4/26/2016 at 2:39 PM, GFG said:

College hockey is about the 12th most popular sport in college athletics (even that might be generous)...people just don't care outside of its traditional footprint. Heck, the overwhelming majority of people in the traditional footprint of college hockey don't even care. It's a tough pill to swallow being from the most hockey crazed region in the United States, but it's true. 

First, he's a Gopher fan in Grand Forks.  Second, he wants to bad-mouth hockey.  If the moving vans haven't already packed up GFG's stuff for his move to the big city, I think it's time for someone to Molotov-cocktail his house.  :lol: