SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs

jimdahl

26 minutes ago, DaveK said:

And with that snarky post you provided a textbook example of why I feel I have every right to gloat now. You have to be able to take it back if you're going to dish it out, which is a concept that is completely lost on you and certain others here.

Related: It is a strange coincidence how you only seem to show up to have any sort of "discussion" when Pittsburgh is doing well....

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I'm good with PIT 7 winning another.

Now as far as PIT 8, 12, uh ... no. Just no. 

Interesting you say that.  I had no idea who 8 and 12 were, so I had to look them up - that's how insignificant they are to me, I guess.  I'd say the same thing for 81 I suppose (although this article I thought was actually really good).  And probably 13, 14 and 62. And 72.  And maybe 58 as well.  Like I said, I'm no Pittsburgh fan...but I'm not going to be torn to shreds if/when they win it.  I'm OK with it, no matter how much DaveK thinks he earned it! :lol:

11 hours ago, DaveK said:

That is a blatantly false accusation. I have recordings of every Sioux/Gopher game from that era, so I of all people should know better than anybody else. My DVDs say you're either lying or at the very least misremembering. They didn't do that to Parise, and they've never done it to any other player either.

I was at many of those games - along with many UND games vs St Cloud and Mankato.  Seemed like no matter where I was, there was always a chorus of boos directed specifically at the Minnesota traitor, Zach Parise.  Now, granted, there wasn't the overwhelming boo'ing as heard in Madison regarding Phil Kessel, but it was certainly heard.  Individual conversations with fans revealed the same thing - even worse.  ZP was absolutely HATED for not coming to Minnesota.  You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise.  

36 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Related: It is a strange coincidence how you only seem to show up to have any sort of "discussion" when Pittsburgh is doing well....

Well, he has made it clear that retiring the Fighting Sioux nickname and logo was a deal-breaker for him with regard to UND athletics, so it shouldn't surprise you that this is the case. Besides, if that is what floats his boat, so be it.

52 minutes ago, DaveK said:

So you and I have a different perspective and therefore different opinions on certain topics. That's fair, you are just as entitled to an opinion as I am. But when you give somebody a hard time you have no right to whine about it when they give it back. I thought the back and forth banter that goes on here as well as many other places was supposed to all in good fun. Don't participate if it isn't fun for you.

How am I whining?  I agree that the back and forth banter is in good fun.  What makes you think otherwise?

29 minutes ago, DaveK said:

The 6 paragraph post that you made earlier today certainly made me think otherwise. Whether it was your intent or not, it absolutely came across as whining.

Oh, this one?

6 hours ago, Ray77 said:

It's uncanny how DaveK can do this every time.  The tread goes from oddly funny to a bit bizarre to completely ridiculous....every....single....time.  A few of my favorites:

DaveK has "earned the right to gloat"...on a message board!  Because Pittsburgh's going to win the Cup, he's earned the right to gloat.  You can't make it up.

Kessel is "DaveK's kind of player" because he cupped his hand to his ear when the Badger fans were booing him.  Not because they just booed him, but because they booed him a lot.  That's the distinction of what makes it OK.

When asked about how he'd feel if Chara did that in Pittsburgh, he says Chara would be "in the right" if they were booing him.  Umm....have you seen NHL games where hated players touch the puck and get booed constantly?  If they ran around the ice after scoring and acted like a joker like Kessel did, they'd be called clowns too...and rightfully so.  I love how DaveK tells us all the rules and when it's "right" to do something and when it's "wrong" to do something.

And probably my favorite...he was "attacked" for his opinion on things.  We all know there are those of us that aren't Pittsburgh fans and will disagree with his opinions...but now we attacked him!  Grow some skin, Dave...it's a message board conversation where not everyone shares your opinion.

And yes...I do believe that he does this to get a reaction out of us, and yes...I bit and fell for it...again.  SMH.

I see.  Let me clarify.  This was me pointing out how/why I think your posts are nonsensical.  I guess I don't see any whining here.  I see it, as you so eloquently put it, as back and forth banter that is done in good fun.  You seem to like to come on here and gloat (which you certainly can) when Pittsburgh is doing well, however when people respond (when will I ever learn?!) you don't like it.  I can certainly take it, it doesn't hurt my feelings, and I'm not whining.  I can dish it out and take it as well.  What's ironic is that you dish it, and when people respond you say you're "attacked".  Sounds like whining to me. ;)

In fairness, Ray, you didn't just respond about the hockey aspect of his post, you immediately went personal by trying to discredit him by saying "DaveK went all  DaveK on us again".   A bigger question is why you feel the need to immediately disparage him.  He just wrote his opinion as a fan.   They don't match yours?  You could be a big boy and state your opinions on the matter, or you could go personal.    Or you could have just ignored it.   Same for MafiaMan telling him he must be out of his damn mind for having an opinion that doesn't match his.    They are his opinions.  But, no you had to go personal first because it's DaveK.

Some of you guys do come off as whining, in my humble opinion.   And childish.   (and no, I don't know DaveK, never met him)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

52 minutes ago, green_sioux said:

In fairness, Ray, you didn't just respond about the hockey aspect of his post, you immediately went personal by trying to discredit him by saying "DaveK went all  DaveK on us again".   A bigger question is why you feel the need to immediately disparage him.  He just wrote his opinion as a fan.   They don't match yours?  You could be a big boy and state your opinions on the matter, or you could go personal.    Or you could have just ignored it.   Same for MafiaMan telling him he must be out of his damn mind for having an opinion that doesn't match his.    They are his opinions.  But, no you had to go personal first because it's DaveK.

Some of you guys do come off as whining, in my humble opinion.   And childish.   (and no, I don't know DaveK, never met him)

Isn't that exactly what I did?  My reply to DaveK's original post* talked about having Kessel in front of future HOF'er Jaromir Jagr and current HOF'ers Paul Coffey and Ron Francis.  But somehow when I state my opinion, that comes off as whining, childish, attacking, etc.  Wow...just wow.

*And yes, I know it's DaveK's "favorite all-time Penguins".  If you're going to put a list like that on this message board and think you aren't going to get comments, then I don't know what to say.

2 hours ago, green_sioux said:

Same for MafiaMan telling him he must be out of his damn mind for having an opinion that doesn't match his.  They are his opinions.  

Oh, for pete's sake...should I have put a :glare: or a :cool: after my "lost your damn mind" comment just to make sure it was known to everyone that I was being mildly facetious?  Or maybe I could have done the "mature" thing and negative repped about a half-dozen posts like DaveK did to mine?  :lol:

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, green_sioux said:

Maybe you should practice what you preach.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

19 hours ago, green_sioux said:

Sometimes a person's reputation and history is taken into consideration when reading a post and what their intent may or may not be, especially after they have 5,300 posts.

3 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Sometimes a person's reputation and history is taken into consideration when reading a post and what their intent may or may not be, especially after they have 5,300 posts.

What if they only have 5,100 posts?  :unsure: