SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs

jimdahl

I took a clip of Hakstol quote here from article at web site below.

Late owner Ed Snider, grandly memorialized Thursday, would have been proud.

Lock-jawed coach Dave Hakstol certainly was.

"We did a good job of withstanding their pressure," he said, "and our goaltender was outstanding. Neuvy was our best player . . . and the guys battled hard in front of him, as well. We're playing the game the way that got us here."

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/20160424_It_was_more_than_Neuvirth_to_lift_the_Flyers_in_Game_5.html

Marcus Hayes, DAILY NEWS COLUMNIST wrote the article referenced in the previous post.

He started that article with:

They channeled the spirit of their late owner and the composure of their goaltender and the determination of their coach.

Marcus gave Hakstol the adjectives, Lock-jawed coach, as I mentioned in the last post.
That is somewhat of the kind of image I've had of Hak, Like I've mentioned in posts before, Hak was too business like/intense, on the bench when he was at UND, something like a professional coach, maybe a college hockey coach should be a little more personal. Don't get me wrong, Hak did us much good and maybe the timing for the move was perfect. I have to give lots of credit to Hak for what he did for UND and for himself.  He got Philadelphia's Ron Hextall's attention, resulting in a couple $mil a year. Maybe the best of two worlds, one in Grand Forks and one in Philadelphia? All the athletic department had to do last May was have a short press conference and have the secretary change the name of the coach in the computer.

On 4/23/2016 at 2:10 PM, fightingsioux4life said:

How about we get rid of the freaking Anaheim (Not So Mighty) Ducks? I have always hated that team. :angry:

OK. By request:

Detroit Red Wings

Los Angeles Kings

Minnesota Wild

Florida Panthers

Chicago Blackhawks

Philadelphia Flyers

New York Rangers

Anaheim Ducks

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

If the Sharks win it's Aaron Dell.

If the Penguins win it's Pens Post-Game guy Jay Caufield. And yes, he may be an SCSU Husky, but it's hard to not like Matt Cullen.

I can agree with you on this point, but that also means that Phil Kessel would win a Cup.  <insert vomiting emoji here>

29 minutes ago, Ray77 said:

I can agree with you on this point, but that also means that Phil Kessel would win a Cup.  <insert vomiting emoji here>

I don't like the guy, however he probably deserves it after being snubbed from the US World Cup team. 

1 hour ago, Fetch said:

This has been the 1st time in yrs I am not really interested in the Stanley Cup finals :(

Monday's game was fantastic. I expect the same tonight. I despise the Penguins. Sharks win tonight 4-2 to even up the series. 

Pens all over the Sharks after 2. More jump in there step and frustrating the Sharks. Pavelski looks like a human Zamboni. Can't stay on his feet. Polak with a terrible turnover that eventually turned into the Pens goal. Shots 23-10 after 2. See what the Sharks have in them for the next 20. Obviously need to get more pucks on net and sustain some kind of forecheck. D may have to get more active in the offensive zone.

NCAA alums have scored all five goals for the Penguins so far.

I only watched a few minutes here and there...and as I mentioned in the outdoor classic game. They sure seem to make an emphasis on NCAA players...I saw them mention (I believe) the someone playing or against BU in the championship game.

And then again for the Penguins OT winner interview about his college.