SiouxSports.com Forum

what is the Lamp Lighter Lounge ?

Fetch

8 minutes ago, Fetch said:

I have been seeing ads for bands to play at the Lamp Lighter Lounge

Is there a Bar / Lounge / concert venue over there on the Olympic Ice side ?

Not sure, but when the Wirld Juniors were here last time, they set up a stage and bar (complete with Black Jack tables) in the Betty.  My guess is they are doing something similar.

Info per website

The Lamp Lighter Lounge is your entertainment destination during the Men’s U18 World Championship.  Grab a bite to eat in the lounge in-between games and hear from NHL GM’s and scouts, as well as IIHF officials about the game of hockey.  The NHL playoffs will also be broadcast on large projector screens so you won’t miss a minute of the action.  After the games are over for the day, stick around and enjoy live music from regional bands in the largest full-service bar in Grand Forks. 

If you’re coming to the lounge, here are a few things to know.

Location: Olympic rink at Ralph Engelstad Arena.  Enter through the Olympic doors on the north side of the arena.

Hours of Operation: Opens one hour prior to the start of the first game of the day.  The Lamp Lighter Lounge closes at 1:00AM every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday and closes at midnight all other nights.

Access: FREE Admission- no tickets or cover coverage.  People can come and go as they please

Who can go: The Lamp Lighter Lounge is open to all ages.  You do not need to be 21 to enter.

Entertainment: Live bands every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday immediately after the evening game. See below for the complete entertainment lineup

What is / was the place in Fargo that got good old bands to play there pretty regular ?

The Ralph should try that in the Olympic rink year round

Not really any bars big enough to do that in GF

I miss good live music (food & drink would be good too)

7 minutes ago, Fetch said:

What is / was the place in Fargo that got good old bands to play there pretty regular ?

Shotgun Sally's near Kmart may have some good music on occasion.

46 minutes ago, Fetch said:

I believe you're thinking of the Hub.  Several bars and an arena that would feature national bands...fun place back in the day. 

1 hour ago, northernraider said:

Info per website

The Lamp Lighter Lounge is your entertainment destination during the Men’s U18 World Championship.  Grab a bite to eat in the lounge in-between games and hear from NHL GM’s and scouts, as well as IIHF officials about the game of hockey.  The NHL playoffs will also be broadcast on large projector screens so you won’t miss a minute of the action.  After the games are over for the day, stick around and enjoy live music from regional bands in the largest full-service bar in Grand Forks. 

If you’re coming to the lounge, here are a few things to know.

Location: Olympic rink at Ralph Engelstad Arena.  Enter through the Olympic doors on the north side of the arena.

Hours of Operation: Opens one hour prior to the start of the first game of the day.  The Lamp Lighter Lounge closes at 1:00AM every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday and closes at midnight all other nights.

Access: FREE Admission- no tickets or cover coverage.  People can come and go as they please

Who can go: The Lamp Lighter Lounge is open to all ages.  You do not need to be 21 to enter.

Entertainment: Live bands every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday immediately after the evening game. See below for the complete entertainment lineup

Interesting. So I own a bar-/restaurant in Grand Forks pay my license fees every year but the Ralph gets to create a bar-/reataurant. Also when these events are bid with assistance from the CVB and tax payer dollars isn't part of the spin how the local bars and restaurants will profit?

• Upvote 1