SiouxSports.com Forum

We are the champions!!! Finally

cowboys5xsbs

Please forgive me if this has been posted in a different thread but do you all think the banners will be raised at the exhibition game in the fall or wait for the first home game in the reg season?  

If memory serves me they raised the 2014/2015 Penrose Cup banner at the exhibition game this year right?

3 hours ago, sioux rube said:

image.jpeg

As much as I love this logo (best in all of sports) it would be so cool to see each banner show the actual logo that the team won it with.  Anyone with skills out here in SiouxSports.com land able to do this to see what they'd look like?

48 minutes ago, Handsome Rob said:

Please forgive me if this has been posted in a different thread but do you all think the banners will be raised at the exhibition game in the fall or wait for the first home game in the reg season?  

If memory serves me they raised the 2014/2015 Penrose Cup banner at the exhibition game this year right?

Last NC banner was hung at the first regular season game in the Old Ralph.

1 hour ago, Ray77 said:

As much as I love this logo (best in all of sports) it would be so cool to see each banner show the actual logo that the team won it with.  Anyone with skills out here in SiouxSports.com land able to do this to see what they'd look like?

Didn't somebody start a thread on that very topic a year or two ago? 

Thought about  how good the defensemen were on the 80 and 82 teams, and I think this current group is the all time best group of defensemen in Sioux history. And the defensive team throughout the lineup (given that back checking in the early 80s was hooking all the way down the ice, which was how the game was played then). Unbelievable to watch the old championship games and see the stuff that seemed "normal" then. At the least, this team is in the argument with the 82 and 87 teams for the best Sioux team of all time. (note; have never seen a 59 and 63 team game tape).

Will see you all at the Ralph tonight.

• Upvote 4

14 hours ago, rockbear99 said:

Congratulations to the UND Fighting Hawks on bringing another National Championship to North Dakota. So glad to see it happen once Hakstol was gone. Good job Coach Berry.

Thanks for contributing 10 posts to this board. Your insight is thoughtful and interesting to read! :silly:

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Its not him, its the meth or maybe the crack talking...I know this is a low blow, but what a tool

Low blow for sure but I get what you mean. He is a typical Gopher rube who thinks the Gophers do no wrong, there is a reason (outside of his drug problems) that he does not work for any major news outlet.

Not sure what game he that he saw but I did not see any illegal hits on Saturday night, it was nothing but a fast and physical game both sides played. On top of that, he is the one with no class; what did he expect when he wrote that after UND won? What a frickin moron...

20 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

What a classless piece of !@#$.

Some Gopher fans aren't taking our wins to good!!  Used to like Dubay back in the day. Sure UND plays hard. Did they go after Anas a little more Saturday and finish their checks a little harder on him? Sure. But wouldn't any other team do the same thing?  Nothing they did to him or anyone else was illegal.   Love how Gopher fans always complain about how dirty UND players are and try to convince us that Gopher players are innocent little choir boys!!  

34 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

http://www.shopncaasports.com/COLLEGE_North_Dakota_COLLEGE_Hockey_Gear

If you are looking for the official NCAA gear the players were wearing during the post game celebration as well as other great items, here you go!!  Get over the fact that you are supportting the NCAA with your purchase you can see there is some sweet merch here!!

Much better looking stuff there than on SiouxShop.com.

Thanks for the link.

34 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Some Gopher fans aren't taking our wins to good!!  Used to like Dubay back in the day. Sure UND plays hard. Did they go after Anas a little more Saturday and finish their checks a little harder on him? Sure. But wouldn't any other team do the same thing?  Nothing they did to him or anyone else was illegal.   Love how Gopher fans always complain about how dirty UND players are and try to convince us that Gopher players are innocent little choir boys!!  

Mr. Anas was able to draw one penalty after he stayed down after a check, but the refs didn't buy that after that time. The kid was swinging his stick like an ax because he was too hurt to get close enough to anyone to hit them. When you take two handers at the back of people's legs, you're going to bring some extra attention your way. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, choyt3 said:

Mr. Anas was able to draw one penalty after he stayed down after a check, but the refs didn't buy that after that time. The kid was swinging his stick like an ax because he was too hurt to get close enough to anyone to hit them. When you take two handers at the back of people's legs, you're going to bring some extra attention your way. 

He reminded me of Cepis.

I seriously feel a bit sad after reading Dubay's posts.  I hope he is getting his personal life in order.  Given that he seems to walk back some of the intensity in his second post is enough for me to think he was just ticked off.

Gotta be tough for a Goldy Gopher to watch the Sioux be so dominant.  And they were absolutely that.

taz

• Upvote 1