SiouxSports.com Forum

We are the champions!!! Finally

cowboys5xsbs

26 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

I know this isn't going to go over well but...........they were selling official Natty t-shirts after the game at Amalie. Had UND F-n Hawks on them. Couldn't do it.....especially with all the Sioux chants rocking the arena and Drake's post game comments.....and neither could the 4 UND fans behind us in line. 

Could have been worse  - at least they got the UND part correct. Gonna be a lot of those shirts in dollar stores or shipped to Africa. 

28 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

I know this isn't going to go over well but...........they were selling official Natty t-shirts after the game at Amalie. Had UND F-n Hawks on them. Couldn't do it.....especially with all the Sioux chants rocking the arena and Drake's post game comments.....and neither could the 4 UND fans behind us in line. 

Also, this may not come across well with the die-hards but Drakes comments are a bit myopic considering.  UND gets a new name and immediately wins the National Championship.  So he references the Fight Sioux name, like that did anything but pander.

To me, its like Mother Karma said, "you chose to move ahead and start the healing process, you will finally be rewarded".

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Then, you probably aren't gonna have one cause the REA shirts have it on theirs also.  Maybe secondary market.

If UND is smart they will ensure it is included on all licensed memoriabila.

Or they could use our actual name "North Dakota" and sell something. Sorry let's not digress into a nickname discussion. We are North Dakota.

3 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Could have been worse  - at least they got the UND part correct. Gonna be a lot of those shirts in dollar stores or shipped to Africa. 

Was on a humanitarian trip in November 2013 to Haiti. Remember seeing some Michigan 2013 NCAA MBB Championship T-shirts. Wonder where the QU ones will wind up?

4 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Also, this may not come across well with the die-hards but Drakes comments are a bit myopic considering.  UND gets a new name and immediately wins the National Championship.  So he references the Fight Sioux name, like that did anything but pander.

To me, its like Mother Karma said, "you chose to move ahead and start the healing process, you will finally be rewarded".

tumblr_menqc10vnj1r50l6a.gif

Twice already this morning.  I'll eagerly await the new logo on some jerseys this year.  Kind of excited to see what they come up with.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

I'm sure if you contact Drake personally you can convince him his "myopic comments" were out of line. 

5 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

I'm sure if you contact Drake personally you can convince him his "myopic comments" were out of line. 

Relax Oxbow6.  I'm just happy we're not still debating who the favorite in last night's game was.  :lol:

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

tumblr_menqc10vnj1r50l6a.gif

Twice already this morning.  I'll eagerly await the new logo on some jerseys this year.  Kind of excited to see what they come up with.

As am I.  

Have a feeling big things are in store for UND athletics now that the elephant has been ushered out of the room.  

This was one hell of a start.  

5 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

What?  :silly:

That was the look and comment from lots of non UND fans in Tampa that I talked to when they realized UND actually picked F-N Hawks as the new nickname.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, #33 said:

For those in Grand Forks wanting to greet the team coming home at the airport, it looks like their flight (Swift Air flight #5106) lands at 1:57. 

I wasn't sure if that was the team charter or the alumni charter, but take a look at the flight plan:

Screen Shot 2016-04-10 at 8.13.13 AM.png

Somewhere between Tampa and Nashville (BNA), they're going to hit GOONs place. :)

26 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

I wasn't sure if that was the team charter or the alumni charter, but take a look at the flight plan:

Screen Shot 2016-04-10 at 8.13.13 AM.png

Somewhere between Tampa and Nashville (BNA), they're going to hit GOONs place. :)

Odds that everyone gets on that plane... :D

5 minutes ago, Biddco said:

Congratulations folks. Enjoy it.

Thanks for helping the NCHC raise its first banner. Now tied with the ECAC and Hockey East for titles under the realignment era. 

Thanks, Biddco.  I like that the NCHC teams have a bit of a chip on their collective shoulders.   We are definitely something for B1G and others to reckon with. 

2 minutes ago, burd said:

Thanks, Biddco.  I like that the NCHC teams have a bit of a chip on their collective shoulders.   We are definitely something for B1G and others to reckon with. 

I guess they do, three years in though things are better than anyone could have anticipated for the conference. The strategy of having a "super conference" is working. 

1 minute ago, Biddco said:

I guess they do, three years in though things are better than anyone could have anticipated for the conference. The strategy of having a "super conference" is working. 

Maybe "chip" could better be described as collective pride.  The NCHC is a tough place to play, and I have a feeling that conference schedule will be helping a lot of NCHC teams prepare for the NCAAs in the years ahead.   And we can have our little hate relationships to keep things entertaining in the meantime.  

• Upvote 1

Downtown last night was very exciting. I thought it was a little over the top but that's okay. 

HOWEVER... Oh boy did I hear something many many times. "F the Bison" and "F the Gophers" chants. I've read many times in the past how it shows just how Jan Brady it is of NDSU fans to do Sioux Suck cheers... But UND folks are doing it too? Who would have thunk it :)

• Downvote 9