Frozen4sioux

Jost-Schmaltz-Boeser  

Gersich-Gardner-Poganski

Hoff-Simonson-Wilkie

Olson-Janatuinen-Yon

Wolanin-T. Poolman

C. Poolman-Ausmus

Shaw-Evers

I wouldn't be surprised to see either Collin Adams or Mitch Mattson brought in a year early.  I think one more forward is needed to solidify that group, one injury and Gornall is an every day player.

50 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Jost - Schmaltz - Boeser

Pogo - Rhett G. - Olson

Gersich - Simo - Wilkie

Hoff - JJ - Yon

Wolanin - T. Poolman

Ausmus - Shaw

C. Poolman - C. Johnson (not sure if Bast is coming in)

That 2nd line would be freakin beast!  That IS a heavy line!  Teams would not want any of that action.  Love it.

• Upvote 1

Olson is not a top 6 guy heading into next season.  If Schmaltz comes back my 2nd line is Pogo Rhett with either JJ or Gesich.

I'm not sold on Wilke but could see a 3rd line of him, Simo and Gersich or JJ

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Olson is not a top 6 guy heading into next season.  If Schmaltz comes back my 2nd line is Pogo Rhett with either JJ or Gesich.

I agree.  We need to see more out of Trevor.  JJ to replace LJ sounds a bit better to me.  I think Simonson, Wilkie and Gersich make for a super deep third line.  Just need Nick to come back and it's on like donkey kong!

Depth at Forward - Off the charts if Nick is back

Depth at Defense - 4 strong returning, should see talent with incoming freshman.  We were really spoiled last year!  Losing Stecher will have an effect on the teams offensive numbers.

Depth at Goaltending - Cam is the man.  It will be interesting to see if his numbers stay close with last years.  By losing Stecher, Ladue, and Thompson, one can only speculate that we might see a slight drop off in his obscene numbers he put up.

is it October yet?

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

100% agree. I wasn't sold on him as a top 12 guy this year. Not a fan of his play. I think his skating holds him back drastically and all he does is run into people and damn near cost us a chance at a national title due to his dumb decision late in the semi against Denver.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

You never know when some guys figure it out.  Olson had nice numbers in the USHL, next year may be his year.  I was trying to replicate that heavy line.  Rhett and Pogo really made that line go....Olson would be a nice experiment early on. 

Wilkie should eventually be nice.  Judging by his numbers it takes him a little longer to figure out new leagues early on.

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

You never know when some guys figure it out.  Olson had nice numbers in the USHL, next year may be his year.  I was trying to replicate that heavy line.  Rhett and Pogo really made that line go....Olson would be a nice experiment early on.

Wilkie should eventually be nice.  Judging by his numbers it takes him a little longer to figure out new leagues early on.

Agree on Olson.  If he can step up his game he has the physicallity to his game to continue the heavy line emphasis.  Wilkie started out well then got injured.  I look for a big improvement to his game next year.

9 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Jost - Schmaltz - Boeser

Pogo - Rhett G. - Olson

Gersich - Simo - Wilkie

Hoff - JJ - Yon

Wolanin - T. Poolman

Ausmus - Shaw

C. Poolman - C. Johnson (not sure if Bast is coming in)

I was thinking the same thing with the second line, add Olson to replace LJ, that could work. Unless maybe Berry wants some more scoring and he could put Gersich on that line. I think Gersich just needs the right line mates and he could put up better numbers

1 hour ago, Emerald joker said:

I was thinking the same thing with the second line, add Olson to replace LJ, that could work. Unless maybe Berry wants some more scoring and he could put Gersich on that line. I think Gersich just needs the right line mates and he could put up better numbers

Gotta pull for Gornall in the mix somewhere.

• Upvote 1

How well the new D corps performs is key next season, of course, but it will also be interesting to see what Wilke and Gersich bring next year.  

If Nick stays, expectations will be shy high for the top line (if Berry keeps them together), but it's almost unfair to expect those three to have the same chemistry CBS had, even with Jost's top-end talent.  And CBS was so good at the possession game partly due to who was on the blue line.   Knowing when to pinch is partly instinct, and Stecher and LaDue seemed to have that, Stecher particularly.

On Friday, April 29, 2016 at 9:24 AM, as15 said:

Jost-Schmaltz-Boeser 

Gersich-Gardner-Poganski

Hoff-Simonson-Wilkie

Olson-Janatuinen-Yon

Wolanin-T. Poolman

C. Poolman-Ausmus

Shaw-Evers

I wouldn't be surprised to see either Collin Adams or Mitch Mattson brought in a year early.  I think one more forward is needed to solidify that group, one injury and Gornall is an every day player.

According to the College Hockey Inc. website, Mattson is scheduled to come in this fall but they have 14 players coming in.  As of right now with early departures and seniors leaving there are 5 forwards leaving and 3 defensemen.  The consensus seems to be that Jost, Hoff, and Yon will be 3 of the possible 5 forwards coming in.  On defense it looks like Poolman, Evers and Casey Johnson would be the replacements.  If the roster keeps the same amount of forwards amd D as last year, as of now, 2 forward positions are open for players such as Nick Jones, D. Bowen, M. Mattson, C. Cakebread, and Cole Smith.  Any thoughts on best possibilities for those 2 openings?  If Nick chooses to leave, that would mean 3 openings.

7 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

The "heavy line" was not a checking line.  It was a puck possession line.  Olson is at best a checking line player right now.

you probably are right, however these guys are still young, they do continue to develop over time (in most cases). Olson was nice in the ushl. I've been waiting for him to male an impact at some point. Now that may never come but I'm not writing off a player after his sophomore year. If he continues to work on his skills (and not take dumb penalties) he could get a decent look.

22 minutes ago, fsioux said:

According to the College Hockey Inc. website, Mattson is scheduled to come in this fall but they have 14 players coming in.  As of right now with early departures and seniors leaving there are 5 forwards leaving and 3 defensemen.  The consensus seems to be that Jost, Hoff, and Yon will be 3 of the possible 5 forwards coming in.  On defense it looks like Poolman, Evers and Casey Johnson would be the replacements.  If the roster keeps the same amount of forwards amd D as last year, as of now, 2 forward positions are open for players such as Nick Jones, D. Bowen, M. Mattson, C. Cakebread, and Cole Smith.  Any thoughts on best possibilities for those 2 openings?  If Nick chooses to leave, that would mean 3 openings.

would be shocked if Mattson comes in next year. I'm guessing he falls past the third round. He's struggled mightily in the USHL in his time there. He needs to figure that league out prior to making the jump to college hockey. He had 2 goals in 23 games, no assists. I believe he has one point in like 5 playoff games.

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

would be shocked if Mattson comes in next year. I'm guessing he falls past the third round. He's struggled mightily in the USHL in his time there. He needs to figure that league out prior to making the jump to college hockey. He had 2 goals in 23 games, no assists. I believe he has one point in like 5 playoff games.

Is he getting scoring minutes? 

2 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Jones isn't coming in either because he would have to sit the first half.  Think Smith is coming in regardless, and the way Adams produced in the USHL, he would be a possibility.

1 hour ago, yzerman19 said:

haha that's somewhat besides the point. 2 pts in 23 games is not good regardless of what role he is playing. I'm guessing he isn't getting scoring minutes however that is the concerning part.

On April 29, 2016 at 11:13 AM, scpa0305 said:

You never know when some guys figure it out.  Olson had nice numbers in the USHL, next year may be his year.  

Agree - Olson can put up points and had a good freshman year with Pogo and Simo - never got a chance on scoring lines this year but was still +6 and 20 block shots.  Only had 7 penaltys and arguably the most physical player on the team. I'd like to know wins vs loses with him on the ice?

9 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

From what I've heard part of the problem is his adjustment to Bloomington's system hasn't been very smooth at all. Bloomington plays very defensive and conservative and doesn't allow a whole lot of offensive freedom to the players. I still would expect him to produce more than he has in his time there this year but I like his potential.

2 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

From what I've heard part of the problem is his adjustment to Bloomington's system hasn't been very smooth at all. Bloomington plays very defensive and conservative and doesn't allow a whole lot of offensive freedom to the players. I still would expect him to produce more than he has in his time there this year but I like his potential.

I didn't know Mike Eaves was coaching there?!?! :p

• Upvote 2