SiouxSports.com Forum

NDUS Budget Cuts (changed name to be system-wide)

Cratter

12 minutes ago, GeauxSioux said:

LETTERS: Don't let budget cuts hurt diversity at UND

The diversity crap is the first stuff I would cut.  "Whole person"?  It just keeps getting worse.

UND (along with NDSU) is one of the most diverse places in the state. These two campuses, along with the reservations, are a few of the places where the population isn't 98% pale white. I don't think these budget reductions will change that.

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

UND (along with NDSU) is one of the most diverse places in the state. These two campuses, along with the reservations, are a few of the places where the population isn't 98% pale white. I don't think these budget reductions will change that.

Don't forget the the 2 bases and the ngrtc

• Upvote 1

On April 20, 2016 at 9:09 AM, Siouxphan27 said:

How about instead of Standing Room Only, start selling Sitting Once Only, or, SOO seats.  

Stand up and cheer for a TD, that's great!  But if you sit down again, well, that's another 5 bucks.  

Just brain storming;  I think I'm on something here.  :blink:

8 minutes ago, Vegas_Sioux said:

My Spirit Flight to Tampa , the attendants were pretty funny. And making fun of their own airlines...."oxygen masks ....and a credit card machine.....will deploy...etc" Had the plane laughing pretty good.

5 minutes ago, Cratter said:

My Spirit Flight to Tampa , the attendants were pretty funny. And making fun of their own airlines...."oxygen masks ....and a credit card machine.....will deploy...etc" Had the plane laughing pretty good.

I'm glad you didn't need the Oxygen mask because I wouldn't put it past spirit to have a credit card machine installed to that. 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Didn't know Spirit flies to MSP.  Looked at its flight map and it's all over the Caribbean now.  Did not know.

1 hour ago, SiouxVolley said:

Didn't know Spirit flies to MSP.  Looked at its flight map and it's all over the Caribbean now.  Did not know.

I predicted it would happen in 2004 but everyone doubted me. Now look at how great it is. 

I foresee the FAA signing a deal this summer to make all air travel free. Or it could be in 2025. My tarot cards may be off. :)

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

First, isn't teaching you about the world (the people you'll meet and the things you'll see) mom's and dad's responsibility? Can I still say "mom" or "dad" or is that not accepting of the diversity of someone with two moms or three dads? 

Next, why isn't diversity of thought or opinion to be embraced? Where's that on the old "embrace diversity" list? Or is it just the right kind of diversity to be embraced? 

I said it to PCM over a decade ago and I'll say it again:

Some of the biggest bigots I've met are the anti-bigot bigots

You can listen to mom and dad all you want, but there is no substitute for real-life experience. And that is one of the things that college provides.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, southpaw said:

I predicted it would happen in 2004 but everyone doubted me. Now look at how great it is. 

I foresee the FAA signing a deal this summer to make all air travel free. Or it could be in 2025. My tarot cards may be off. :)

But you didn't read the realignment threads  so you don't know ***!  Funny that you attack me for all kinds of preposterous things when you have admitted that you didn't read them.  Either you are lieing or just a fool.  Your choice.

56 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

You can listen to mom and dad all you want, but there is no substitute for real-life experience. And that is one of the things that college provides.

College didn't teach me !@#$ in regard to diversity.  Treat everyone with respect... Pretty simple.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

College didn't teach me !@#$ in regard to diversity.  Treat everyone with respect... Pretty simple.

It should be simple. But for some people, it is not. Why else do you think some people run around wearing white hoods while they burn crosses in front of people's homes?

54 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

But you didn't read the realignment threads  so you don't know ***!  Funny that you attack me for all kinds of preposterous things when you have admitted that you didn't read them.  Either you are lieing or just a fool.  Your choice.

Touchy touchy. Seem to be a pattern.  :silly:

2 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

It should be simple. But for some people, it is not. Why else do you think some people run around wearing white hoods while they burn crosses in front of people's homes?

It's common sense... You don't need to go to college to understand this.  Anybody who does that will never learn, or they don't care.

• Upvote 1

I see NDSU just gave Kliman a 6 year contract and a pay raise.   We are very, very lucky to have Bubba working for the salary he has.   IIRC Bubba is getting around $190,000 and is an absolute steal for that kind of money.   I think a fair question is though, with money this tight, what happens when the time comes for Bubba to get a well deserved pay increase?  Once we start making the playoffs you can bet someone will come knocking with a better offer and while he probably loves it here, money talks.   Sure hate to lose the guy because we aren't paying near the top of the FCS, but don't see how we can pay more either with the money strain right now.

2 minutes ago, TRex said:

I see NDSU just gave Kliman a 6 year contract and a pay raise.   We are very, very lucky to have Bubba working for the salary he has.   IIRC Bubba is getting around $190,000 and is an absolute steal for that kind of money.   I think a fair question is though, with money this tight, what happens when the time comes for Bubba to get a well deserved pay increase?  Once we start making the playoffs you can bet someone will come knocking with a better offer and while he probably loves it here, money talks.   Sure hate to lose the guy because we aren't paying near the top of the FCS, but don't see how we can pay more either with the money strain right now.

The cuts being made are in part to set UND up for a future where it will be able to offer competitive pay. UND could be like many of the other ND schools and reduce/remove the raises being given out this summer, but Schafer has said multiple times the school is committed to the 3% raise.

• Upvote 1

Glad to see the passion for the program but what makes a leader great is knowing what problems to deal with and when. I doubt that having the money to give Bubba a raise in future years is even on the first page of issues. 

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/education/4016639-und-eyes-buildings-vacate-part-new-master-plan

About a dozen buildings on UND's campus will be closed up and left empty in coming years because the university has more space than it needs. Some of the buildings are in poor condition.

"The budget work we are doing now will result in the university having the flexibility to invest in priority areas."

• The Sicatoka changed the title to NDUS Budget Cuts (changed name to be system-wide)