SiouxSports.com Forum

NDUS Budget Cuts (changed name to be system-wide)

Cratter

6 minutes ago, andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!! said:

$1,000 a trip with a $25,000 cap would be 25 trips.  That is almost a trip every other week.   

When you put it that way, it makes it sound like every other week, you get to work while on vacation from North Carolina.  :xmas:

More than likely a great many people who currently work at UND will be looking for work in the near term.  As another round of serious cuts seems to be inevitable. It never is a fun process, and in visiting with a neighbor who is employed on campus, it sounds like if the last round was fun for moral, this next round could be a real kick in the groin. 

It's beyond belief that not a single one of the people who will most likely soon be in the swath of the next round of budget cuts couldn't do this exact job for less or around the same money  and not have to have a commuting budget.  And the dollars of paying someone who actually lives in the region, most likely Grand Forks, but maybe out of town...Manvel, Thompson, maybe even Hillsboro orMayville  (who knows where a person hangs their hat), wouldn't it be nice to have those dollars would be spent in communities that need it like the ones I just mentioned?  That's part of the reason I like having the University in Grand Forks, as the people who work and live here, utilize my business...and not just some businesses in North Carolina.  

To me, it is unfathomable in just how again no one in Twamley, can seem to see the poor optics of something like this.  

It shouldn't surprise me...but somehow it still does.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Cratter said:

When you put it that way, it makes it sound like every other week, you get to work while on vacation from North Carolina.  :xmas:

So like you work one day in two weeks in GF and then vacation for the next 13 days.

The legislatures read this kind of stuff and it does no good to UND in the long run, I just can't see a ND grown leader doing things like this.

This doesn’t surprise me coming from kennedy

wasnt long ago he thought he needed a party planner too

this won’t last long as the heat will be too much for kennedy to stand

why does anyone want to donate to UND when crap like this goes on 

“We conducted a search for a Chief of Staff and, as part of the process, learned that such position among higher education institutions in our region and peer group run $185,000 as a median and $225,000 as an average. Some spot checking confirmed those figures,” he added.

https://www.sayanythingblog.com/entry/und-plans-to-spend-up-to-25000-per-year-letting-chief-of-staff-work-from-home-in-north-carolina/

Most chiefs of staff are attorneys.  What are Foster's qualifications to be a chief of staff?

3 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I'm must be doing the wrong things in life.  I'll take that in a heartbeat. 

I guess that is on the cheap end if you are to believe this:  https://www.grandforksherald.com/news/education/4571196-und-retains-chief-staff-who-will-work-north-carolina

So if the going rate truly is $200k........why is she so willing to work for $114k....and even relocated to the ND tundra several years back to take such an "underpaid" spot?  But since she's a theater major at least we know she's qualified.

1 hour ago, TheFlop said:

So if the going rate truly is $200k........why is she so willing to work for $114k....and even relocated to the ND tundra several years back to take such an "underpaid" spot?  But since she's a theater major at least we know she's qualified.

What are the odds Kennedy will move to North Carolina?

• Upvote 1

• The Sicatoka changed the title to NDUS Budget Cuts (changed name to be system-wide)