SiouxSports.com Forum

NDUS Budget Cuts (changed name to be system-wide)

Cratter

3 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Bottineau should be closed immediately.  If we could actually get the constitutional amendment to a vote, I'd encourage every voter to visit Dakota College at Bottineau prior to the election.  That would be more than enough to secure its passage.

Why do you say that?

--Honest question, no trolling or sarcasm.  I can't infer what you are referring to specifically...the size? Condition of the buildings? Enrollment?

14 minutes ago, siouxjoy said:

Why do you say that?

--Honest question, no trolling or sarcasm.  I can't infer what you are referring to specifically...the size? Condition of the buildings? Enrollment?

The buildings all require significant investment, as they are falling apart and largely non-compliant with code and/or ADA law.  On-campus enrollment is basically nonexistent.  

On 4/12/2018 at 1:07 PM, gfhockey said:

Dexter was one of my best teachers

old school tom cliffordish

The guy was an aloof ass when we had to take Engineering Programming through the Geology department...No office time for 60+ students because he was pissed to have to teach it...All I remember is him closing his door to 20 students lined up outside his office exactly after 1 hr of office time was over. #ToolForever

11 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I find it more likely that FCOA gets cut over another sport. (which either option doesn't seem all that likely to me anyways)

Will be interesting next year to see how much money UND does save on travel costs when they head over to the Summit. 

I was dead set against FCOA when it was started being no one else was doing it in the Sky.    Now that we are going to the MVFC it's going to be hard to justify cutting it.  What bugs me  most about our doing FCOA so far is that IMO it hasn't helped recruiting one bit.   These cuts are going to be painful no matter where they come.    And how does NDSU find the money to give their FB coach a huge raise?

24 minutes ago, TRex said:

And how does NDSU find the money to give their FB coach a huge raise?

Better question: 
Why announce it the day after the Governor (an alumnus at that) calls for across-the-board budget cuts. Seems like a poke in the eye. Or a Cartman

6 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

$261,177 with a total package of $300,000

https://siouxfb.areavoices.com/2016/12/13/the-fcs-coaching-salary-market/

According to this, it's a lot more than $300,000 total package.    His base salary is $300,000 then bonuses for winning conference and National Title.   Plus a $50,000 longevity bonus, what ever that is.    Says close to half a million and that doesn't include income from summer camps, etc

http://www.inforum.com/sports/football/4433939-ndsu-extends-contract-chris-klieman-two-more-years

2 minutes ago, TRex said:

According to this, it's a lot more than $300,000 total package.    His base salary is $300,000 then bonuses for winning conference and National Title.   Plus a $50,000 longevity bonus, what ever that is.    Bet it's close half a million

http://www.inforum.com/sports/football/4433939-ndsu-extends-contract-chris-klieman-two-more-years

"Klieman’s base salary of $300,000 did not change"

So he didn't get a huge raise?!

• Downvote 1

31 minutes ago, TRex said:

Looks like he gets a $50,000 bonus just for staying there.   Looks like a huge raise to me.

Plus, $10,000 media apperance increase, if people on here actually read the article he got a $60,000 raise.

• Downvote 1

• The Sicatoka changed the title to NDUS Budget Cuts (changed name to be system-wide)