Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Cratter

UND Budget Cuts

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Yup. Any new Med or Law won't be public. I don't see UJ doing it. But as SV says ... Mary? ... maybe ... 

Could there be at some point in the future where Fargo and Bisnarck have enough population where they could control every vote in the state legislature.?  And if they don't just buy off the rest. Every generation has there gang of crooks.

  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, moser53 said:

Could there be at some point in the future where Fargo and Bisnarck have enough population where they could control every vote in the state legislature.?  And if they don't just buy off the rest. Every generation has there gang of crooks.

Agree.  NDSU is proficient at graduating crooks every generation and annoiting other ones Presidents.

A lot of smaller towns might shrink or die, but your dream of killing off GF or Minot or Williston or Dickinson or Watford City is downright evil and delusional.  The Bakken region will gain many votes in the 2022 legislature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SiouxVolley said:

Agree.  NDSU is proficient at graduating crooks every generation and annoiting other ones Presidents.

A lot of smaller towns might shrink or die, but your dream of killing off GF or Minot or Williston or Dickinson or Watford City is downright evil and delusional.  The Bakken region will gain many votes in the 2022 legislature.

Oil will run it's course. What then for those cities. Keep cutting UND . Then you have a big Grafton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

They dont need either of those here. Particularly a law school lol.

Your in the minority on that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fargo will get their emergency water from the Missouri River once that project is finished.  Not sure if they started yet but the ball is rolling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

Fargo will get their emergency water from the Missouri River once that project is finished.  Not sure if they started yet but the ball is rolling.

Fargo, GF this is good news.  Do the people out west think it's bad idea? Like there taking our water.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

Fargo will get their emergency water from the Missouri River once that project is finished.  Not sure if they started yet but the ball is rolling.

The Garrison Diversion was stopped by Canada. What the state is trying to do is pump Devils Lake into the canals and send the water down the Sheyenne River. 

15 minutes ago, moser53 said:

Fargo, GF this is good news.  Do the people out west think it's bad idea? Like there taking our water.

The water in the Lake Sakakawea is from Montana, thus the snow pack Montana gets each year controls the amount of water in the Missouri River and Yellowstone River. As far as I know there is no water right in North Dakota, but Montana as far as I know has water rights. I think you are making a bigger deal out of water in Fargo then there really is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, cberkas said:

The Garrison Diversion was stopped by Canada. What the state is trying to do is pump Devils Lake into the canals and send the water down the Sheyenne River. 

The water in the Lake Sakakawea is from Montana, thus the snow pack Montana gets each year controls the amount of water in the Missouri River and Yellowstone River. As far as I know there is no water right in North Dakota, but Montana as far as I know has water rights. I think you are making a bigger deal out of water in Fargo then there really is. 

Here you go:

http://www.rrvwsp.com/

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, cberkas said:

I think you are making a bigger deal out of water in Fargo then there really is. 

 

26 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

 

Seems like a lot of effort and planning for not a big deal staring at Fargo in the near future. 

The site shows a plan to have 150 to 180 cfs of Missouri water going through a pipe to the Sheyenne (which drains to the Red so Fargo can get it). For comparison, right now, the Sheyenne is flowing at 700 cfs through Valley City. That's some significant water ... that would need to be pumped uphill until it enters the Sheyenne/Red basin (where it could run back down). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, cberkas said:

The Garrison Diversion was stopped by Canada. What the state is trying to do is pump Devils Lake into the canals and send the water down the Sheyenne River. 

The water in the Lake Sakakawea is from Montana, thus the snow pack Montana gets each year controls the amount of water in the Missouri River and Yellowstone River. As far as I know there is no water right in North Dakota, but Montana as far as I know has water rights. I think you are making a bigger deal out of water in Fargo then there really is. 

Each of the state's touching the Missouri River have water rights to part of it.  Those rights have been litigating much in court, along with Indian Reservation rights, and they still stand.  Any major water withdrawal, changes in reservoir control, or additional damning of the Missouri will be challenged in court, even if it has been litigated before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When Fargo's plan is completed and everything is place for the big move  up to play with the big boys. There will be posters on this board  that  will  leave this board.  Job well done. Like Kelly and others who at UND  who made bad changes at UND and leave town.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

 

 

Seems like a lot of effort and planning for not a big deal staring at Fargo in the near future. 

The site shows a plan to have 150 to 180 cfs of Missouri water going through a pipe to the Sheyenne (which drains to the Red so Fargo can get it). For comparison, right now, the Sheyenne is flowing at 700 cfs through Valley City. That's some significant water ... that would need to be pumped uphill until it enters the Sheyenne/Red basin (where it could run back down). 

I wouldn't be surprised if my dad's projects he did for the USGS in North Dakota were used by the RRWSP. This isn't the first time that they wanted to take water from the Missouri River and pump it to the Red River. Canada can still stop the proposal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, moser53 said:

When Fargo's plan is completed and everything is place for the big move  up to play with the big boys. There will be posters on this board  that  will  leave this board.  Job well done. Like Kelly and others who at UND  who made bad changes at UND and leave town.

When you say big boys what do you mean?  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, moser53 said:

Fargodone  tax still on 40-50 million there right? If the diversion isn't built frees up sales tax dollars. Bison FB really important in Fargo if they need tax dollars to get there they will try. 

The FD meets the city's needs fine.  It would be Bison football that needs a larger one and the money would have to be raised by them and I don't see them coming up with 200 million.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Milford torgerson said:

The FD meets the city's needs fine.  It would be Bison football that needs a larger one and the money would have to be raised by them and I don't see them coming up with 200 million.

You think they could build a bigger one for only 200 million? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

You think they could build a bigger one for only 200 million? 

$500 million? That sounds about right with how much it cost to renovate FBS stadiums.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cberkas said:

$500 million? That sounds about right with how much it cost to renovate FBS stadiums.

They wouldn't build a 50k stadium.  At most 30k and make it expandable.  North Texas built one for $78 mill in 2008 dollars.  Coastal just did a major expansion for $38 mill.  Of course if they it has a roof that adds a lot, at least double.  They can play in the Fargo Dome for later season or night games, but NDSU doesn't even have a site to build without running into the airport flight lines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

They wouldn't build a 50k stadium.  At most 30k and make it expandable.  North Texas built one for $78 mill in 2008 dollars.  Coastal just did a major expansion for $38 mill.  Of course if they it has a roof that adds a lot, at least double.  They can play in the Fargo Dome for later season or night games, but NDSU doesn't even have a site to build without running into the airport flight lines.

Seems to be a pretty tough spot. I think building an outdoor stadium would be a terrible idea and building an expandable indoor stadium can be done but isn't exactly cost effect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

They wouldn't build a 50k stadium.  At most 30k and make it expandable.  North Texas built one for $78 mill in 2008 dollars.  Coastal just did a major expansion for $38 mill.  Of course if they it has a roof that adds a lot, at least double.  They can play in the Fargo Dome for later season or night games, but NDSU doesn't even have a site to build without running into the airport flight lines.

It's a lot more than a roof that makes a stadium in Texas different than one in Fargo. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

They wouldn't build a 50k stadium.  At most 30k and make it expandable.  North Texas built one for $78 mill in 2008 dollars.  Coastal just did a major expansion for $38 mill.  Of course if they it has a roof that adds a lot, at least double.  They can play in the Fargo Dome for later season or night games, but NDSU doesn't even have a site to build without running into the airport flight lines.

There could be space next to the animal research farms. Smells the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have questions, looking for answers

isaiah 45:2

I will go before  thee, and make crooked places straight.  I will break in pieces the gates of brass, and cut in sunder the bars of iron.

Isaiah 45:7 

I form the light, and create darkness, I make peace and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, moser53 said:

I have questions, looking for answers

isaiah 45:2

I will go before  thee, and make crooked places straight.  I will break in pieces the gates of brass, and cut in sunder the bars of iron.

Isaiah 45:7 

I form the light, and create darkness, I make peace and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

There is no question in the post. Again. Not amusing.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, moser53 said:

I have questions, looking for answers

isaiah 45:2

I will go before  thee, and make crooked places straight.  I will break in pieces the gates of brass, and cut in sunder the bars of iron.

Isaiah 45:7 

I form the light, and create darkness, I make peace and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×