SiouxSports.com Forum

NDUS Budget Cuts (changed name to be system-wide)

Cratter

1 hour ago, gfhockey said:

Altru is holding grand forks back

i seriously have heard rumblings at altru that it may merge and it's not with sanford 

I'm surprised Sanford hasn't started a hospital in the Grand Forks area to rival Altru. Almost every little town in the area has a Sanford clinic except Grand Forks. 

1 hour ago, gfhockey said:

Altru is holding grand forks back

i seriously have heard rumblings at altru that it may merge and it's not with sanford 

How? Local control and the $ stays here. How many buildings with threir logo on it. 

Valley Dairy gone what is next Alerus Bank there will be no corporate $ here.

At Bison tailgating  are a lot of the rigs corporate owned?  Local headquarters helps a lot.

3 minutes ago, moser53 said:

How? Local control and the $ stays here. How many buildings with threir logo on it. 

At Bison tailgating  are a lot of the rigs corporate owned?  Local headquarters helps a lot.

So you complain about a Sioux Falls hospital building a $500 million facility in Fargo but then claim we need to keep them out of Grand Forks because they'll take all the money out of town?

11 minutes ago, moser53 said:

So Fargo Corporations will give hundreds of millions to build a new football stadium?  That will be something to see,

19 hours ago, darell1976 said:

EGF has a clinic but not a Sanford hospital. 

Right, your original post said every little town has a Sanford clinic except GF.  Was just clarifying.  Also, there are federal dollars available to towns and/or hospitals when they are the only hospital in town.  Not sure exactly how it works, but have been told something to that effect by someone who works at Altru.  One of the supposed reasons they purchased the "Doctor's" hospital that was gonna open on South Washington.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Milford torgerson said:

A new stadium in Fargo won't happen with tax dollars, local or state.  Not doable

Fargodone  tax still on 40-50 million there right? If the diversion isn't built frees up sales tax dollars. Bison FB really important in Fargo if they need tax dollars to get there they will try. 

5 minutes ago, moser53 said:

Fargodone  tax still on 40-50 million there right? If the diversion isn't built frees up sales tax dollars. Bison FB really important in Fargo if they need tax dollars to get there they will try. 

Property taxes skyrocketing, tax breaks for Burgum's Kilbourne Group downtown, no diversion. There is NO way in hell voters of Fargo including myself will vote for a tax increase to fund another football stadium for NDSU when the Fargodome is just fine. We have more important issues in this town when talking about money than paying for a stadium. We aren't Minneapolis. 

• Upvote 2

Someone is going large on the conspiracy theories and short on new batteries for the wireless keyboard I see. ;) 

Altru has affiliated with Mayo in the past. I'd be stunned if Mayo went full boat and bought Altru. I'd expect a merger with Essentia before that. 

NCSCS (not NDSSS) is dying in Wahpeton. They had to come to Fargo to get any students. They are making the move to partner more and more with business to be workforce training (pick up some of the continuing ed for small businesses that can't do it for themselves) because they can't find students. Kids aren't going to two-year trade schools anymore (and I believe that's a huge mistake by them but that's a conversation for another thread). 

Fargo has a multi-billion problem surrounding it, and another right behind it. Both are "water". The first is the diversion and that cost. The second is that the Red and Sheyenne don't have the volume to support the population growth. Fargo will need a new water supply come mid-century (and that's just 30 years). See: re-visitation of Garrison Diversion. 

University of Jamestown (JC is dead) put its PT program in Fargo to have a larger patient base to train their students. A PT program is not a "signal" that UJ is going Med or Law as well. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Sicatoka said:

Someone is going large on the conspiracy theories and short on new batteries for the wireless keyboard I see. ;) 

Altru has affiliated with Mayo in the past. I'd be stunned if Mayo went full boat and bought Altru. I'd expect a merger with Essentia before that. 

NCSCS (not NDSSS) is dying in Wahpeton. They had to come to Fargo to get any students. They are making the move to partner more and more with business to be workforce training (pick up some of the continuing ed for small businesses that can't do it for themselves) because they can't find students. Kids aren't going to two-year trade schools anymore (and I believe that's a huge mistake by them but that's a conversation for another thread). 

Fargo has a multi-billion problem surrounding it, and another right behind it. Both are "water". The first is the diversion and that cost. The second is that the Red and Sheyenne don't have the volume to support the population growth. Fargo will need a new water supply come mid-century (and that's just 30 years). See: re-visitation of Garrison Diversion. 

University of Jamestown (JC is dead) put it's PT program in Fargo to have a larger patient base to train their students. A PT program is not a "signal" that UJ is going Med or Law as well. 

West Fargo is buying water, and garbage and soon sewage usage from Fargo. Fargo finally got with the times and started a major recycling program (we all have big garbage cans for that) this summer. I think it will help the landfill. New big sewage pipes are being used in the city that can be connected with WF, they haven't agreed yet to use it. And WF is using Fargo water since we have upgraded our water treatment plant. I see your point we do need to think of the water future with population in the metro at est. 209,177 (2014). What if water levels drop in the Red and Sheyenne due to drought? It was pretty dry down here but not like how dry it got west of Bismarck. Maybe strict water restrictions every year could be a sign of things to come. It could get ugly down here in the next 50 years or so especially if we see a population boom either in Fargo or one of the suburbs. 

1 hour ago, moser53 said:

I'll put my $ on you johnboy Cass County wants needs medical and law school.

Common sense  tells us  any forward thinking city  wants these things.

The ND legislature will not pay for another med and law school.  If new ones are established, it would be started by U Mary, possibly even in Fargo.  U MARY seems to have much ambition, just like Creighton in Nebraska.

15 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

The ND legislature will not pay for another med and law school.  If new ones are established, it would be started by U Mary, possibly even in Fargo.  U MARY seems to have much ambition, just like Creighton in Nebraska.

Yup. Any new Med or Law won't be public. I don't see UJ doing it. But as SV says ... Mary? ... maybe ...