Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cratter

UND Budget Cuts

703 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Understand that someone has recently graciously given matching funds so that if anyone endows an athletic scholarship, there is an immediate 50% match for more athletic scholarships.

If true, surprised they haven't made a little more mention of it. Also curious if it has to be a full endowment or if a partial ones are included.

48 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

If true, surprised they haven't made a little more mention of it. Also curious if it has to be a full endowment or if a partial ones are included.

The Foundation has made contact with people or groups that have previously made an athletic scholarship endowment, and asking if they would like to participate by giving more, even partials.  If money is still there, there may be a public announcement is my guess.

On 5/20/2017 at 6:59 PM, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

This update on the Hyslop pool contains possibly the best (or worst, depending on your point of view) example of empty speech I have seen in a long, long time.

Give that woman a prize or something.

This was one criticism I had with cutting Swimming and Diving to begin with. The school will likely still keep the pool because most 4 year colleges have pools plus the community seems to be pushing them that way too (not sure if they'll help with the budget though).

All I can say for sure is that being from Minnesota, not having somewhere to swim would have given me pause on choosing UND.