SiouxSports.com Forum

2016-2017 Season

SWSiouxMN

5 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Idaho St G Ethan Telfair has declared for the NBA draft but has not hired an agent.  I believe that would make him eligible to return if he is not drafted/signed, right?

Correct. He has until 10 days after the combine to come back which would be May 25th. 

No one would be happier than the BBall fans - with his passion and on court enthusiasm he would be an easy one to get behind and really support. He needs to put on weight, learn how to box out and keep the ball out of reach with a go-to move within 3 feet of the basket.   

7 minutes ago, hoops44 said:

Shanks fouls at a very high rate, on the rare occasions where he is not pulled for fouls or production issues he is ok not good  just ok.  Doubt he has the motor to play over 25 minutes per game...

25 very solid minutes a game is all we need from him.  Teams that beat UND badly last year did it with a strong inside game. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

So Montana is playing Iowa on December 20th??

Sorry, should have clarified

UND is playing Iowa on December 20th

Montana is releasing its schedule sometime this week so we will know when the Griz/Cat matchups will be for conference play

Just now, SWSiouxMN said:

Sorry, should have clarified

UND is playing Iowa on December 20th

Montana is releasing its schedule sometime this week so we will know when the Griz/Cat matchups will be for conference play

Ok, figured that's what you meant...just wanted to make sure.  Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

A nice article on the top Seniors in College Basketball next year, including a mention of Quinton Hooker in this article.  Hope he has a great Senior season and the team finally gets over the hump and makes the Big Dance!

http://collegeandprohoops.com/the-seniors-final-run/?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=socialnetwork#.V08UorgrKUl

Per Tom Miller...

Now, the question every diehard UND basketball fan seems to want to know is what this means for the remaining roster. Based on scholarship limits, UND doesn’t appear to have a scholarship available for Rolls-Tyson. That tells me either someone from the 2015-16 team is transferring or someone’s scholarship is getting pulled. I’ve asked around about details, but haven’t had much success pinning down the roster shuffle......  So the Scholarship situation is still hush hush No word from verbal commits on any UND kids transferring  out and signing elsewhere.   Baker would probably go Juco or D2 if he left and did not want to sit out another season.  Cashman might complete his degree as a walk on or drop to non D1 level.. Since they added 2 nice guard pick ups  Kinsey and Stewart it appears that Baker is done.   Cashman did not cut the mustard in the classroom last year and is likely a 3rd or 4th option at the 5 so Jones likely pulled his scholarship.   

1 hour ago, hoops44 said:

Per Tom Miller...

Now, the question every diehard UND basketball fan seems to want to know is what this means for the remaining roster. Based on scholarship limits, UND doesn’t appear to have a scholarship available for Rolls-Tyson. That tells me either someone from the 2015-16 team is transferring or someone’s scholarship is getting pulled. I’ve asked around about details, but haven’t had much success pinning down the roster shuffle......  So the Scholarship situation is still hush hush No word from verbal commits on any UND kids transferring  out and signing elsewhere.   Baker would probably go Juco or D2 if he left and did not want to sit out another season.  Cashman might complete his degree as a walk on or drop to non D1 level.. Since they added 2 nice guard pick ups  Kinsey and Stewart it appears that Baker is done.   Cashman did not cut the mustard in the classroom last year and is likely a 3rd or 4th option at the 5 so Jones likely pulled his scholarship.   

Seems accurate from what I've heard. 4 scholarships opened up (Benton, Baker, Cashman, McDermott) and 4 new players were added (Kinsey, Rolls-Tyson, Brown, Walter).

Also heard that Rolls-Tyson was slated to head to a different Big Sky school until their admissions staff bungled everything up.

Why would there be speculation that Baker would have left?    He came here and waited a year to play and I assume we paid for his education last year.    It would  seem odd for him now to leave.    If he is leaving there must be more  to the story. 

Agree on Baker.    I talked to him in the Champions Club tent last fall and he seemed really excited to be back close to home and was looking forward to playing here.  He seemed energetic and a good team guy on the bench all last season.    I'll be really shocked if the speculation of him leaving is true.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Sioux_FF said:

Agree on Baker.    I talked to him in the Champions Club tent last fall and he seemed really excited to be back close to home and was looking forward to playing here.  He seemed energetic and a good team guy on the bench all last season.    I'll be really shocked if the speculation of him leaving is true.

I wouldn't term it as Baker "leaving".  From what I heard it's more of him being asked to leave.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

I wouldn't term it as Baker "leaving".  From what I heard it's more of him being asked to leave.  

ok, and why would Baker have been asked to leave, seeing as we just paid for him for a year and he is supposed to be a huge asset on the court?

2 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Seems accurate from what I've heard. 4 scholarships opened up (Benton, Baker, Cashman, McDermott) and 4 new players were added (Kinsey, Rolls-Tyson, Brown, Walter).

Also heard that Rolls-Tyson was slated to head to a different Big Sky school until their admissions staff bungled everything up.

MSU admissions strikes again? LOL! :lol: