SiouxSports.com Forum

West Regional

7>4

North Dakota Hockey is a little nervous that our boys in Green will not be heading to CS. I assured him that the West Regional bracket will shake out as follows:

North Dakota v. Niagara

CC v. Miami

Posting the prediction here will provide him some comfort since he reads the wisdom and rantings on this board as gospel.

As a side note, the only prediction I have been proven wrong on in the past concerns my assurance that a bottle of Helsinki Formula Hair Tonic was going to reverse my male pattern baldness. Unless the stuff takes 20 years to start working, sadly that prediction has proved false. :angry:

As for this one. Book your tickets west and get ready from some great college hockey.

North Dakota Hockey is a little nervous that our boys in Green will not be heading to CS. I assured him that the West Regional bracket will shake out as follows:

North Dakota v. Niagara

CC v. Miami

Posting the prediction here will provide him some comfort since he reads the wisdom and rantings on this board as gospel.

As a side note, the only prediction I have been proven wrong on in the past concerns my assurance that a bottle of Helsinki Formula Hair Tonic was going to reverse my male pattern baldness. Unless the stuff takes 20 years to start working, sadly that prediction has proved false. :angry:

As for this one. Book your tickets west and get ready from some great college hockey.

That would be a good regional... except i strongly doubt CC will make the regionals.

As a side note, the only prediction I have been proven wrong on in the past concerns my assurance that a bottle of Helsinki Formula Hair Tonic was going to reverse my male pattern baldness. Unless the stuff takes 20 years to start working, sadly that prediction has proved false. :lol:

I suppose if you're 80 y/o you could just write off your baldness to old age. If you're still young, you're probably going to stress out & lose even more precious hairs worrying about it. You're fighting an uphill battle against nature. Try not to be so vain, some chicks dig bald. :angry::)

7>4. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I have been stressing out on this one, thinking that CC would become a #4 seed at home, moving the Sioux to Michigan. Seeing how the kids and I bought our West Regional plane fare and ducats back in March, it would be a bitter, yet still palatable pill, to swallow if the Sioux Legion is in Grand Rapids instead of the Springs.

Your rationale is right on, Sir Swami.

As for the hair, I am sorry to hear about the Helsinki stuff. I doused my scalp regularly in a mixture of vinegar and 7-Up. Alas, still a solid crop of hair, but most of my other muscles have atrophied.

Sioux-CC, in the Springs on March 27, for the proverbial trip to the Big Skate.

10-4. 'Tis booked.

PS. As an aside, I speculated that the Sioux would be playing the Gophers on Friday night, and cornered a couple of extra tickets for my Sioux friends who would be looking. Now, I am sitting on a few, and I am finding out that Gopher fans do not travel nearly as well as Sioux fans.

Last year's West Regional Final. Beautiful day. Gophers with a chance to return to the Frozen Four. I had a handful of extras, and I couldn't give them away. The building was not full. Amazing.

C'est la vie. We are headed West.

I agree. With where they currently sit, they certainly have an uphill battle to get in - and I, for one, hope they don't make it.

True. True. However, the NCAA will want to do anything it can to assure

big sales to the World. The best way to do that will be to put the Tigers in the tournament.

On the other hand, didn't the Sioux get knocked off the bubble a good handful of years back when the Ralph was hosting the West?

Tigers win two of three this weekend, and they will be a lock.

Beat AA and lose to the Sioux, and they will be on the bubble.

This, of course, all assumes few upsets in the conference title bouts.

I am still thinking that UMD better have their AA game to beat MN. Not because MN is a "playoff team", but because of the way they (Duluth) are playing. I'm thinking CC gets through AA, we beat CC 4-1, CC and MN duke it out to a 5-4 Gopher triumph (Briggs is not going to be solid :lol: )

UND should be set with your bracket or mine for a trip. I wouldn't mind seeing CC at the world, they haven't been much at home this year. Plus, anything to keep us out of Mich.

I'm kidding, no matter where we go I'm liking our chances. It's another conspiracy (planned since September I'm sure) that the Gophers are sent out east. I hope streaking Maine can put their three-peat to rest before we get a chance.

I can't sleep I'm so excited for this weekend and those to come.

*By the way I'm going to all the games this weekend!! Take that kidney!! jk :lol::lol::):angry:

Let me give you one crazy scenario:

Minnesota gets a #1 seed by beating Duluth. Being a "big ice" team the NCAA puts them on the big ice in Colorado Springs and puts UND on NHL width ice somewhere else.

Based on

- all the crazy upsets last weekend

- all the non-top 16 PWR teams still left

- the history of the NCAA's decision processes

I'd hold off predicting UND playing anywhere until I see the brackets announced by the NCAA.

I've been to both CC-UND and CC-MN games in the Springs. UND appears to have a more vocal local following although MN does have a decent fan base here. I think either would draw well. From my perspective, CS is a pretty week sports town when it comes to college hockey. People far more passionate about the Avs than the Tigers.

If CC gets in as a 4 seed, I doubt they would send UND, UMD or UM here to avoid WCHA first round matchup. Also, Denver will be in the mix for a trip to the west region.

I'm with 'Tupa, can't wait for hockey the next few days. No TV feed for game tonight but good chance to get tomorrow's game locally if CC wins.

All you going to the games - ENJOY. Should be another great weekend of college hockey.

I've been to both CC-UND and CC-MN games in the Springs. UND appears to have a more vocal local following although MN does have a decent fan base here. I think either would draw well. From my perspective, CS is a pretty week sports town when it comes to college hockey. People far more passionate about the Avs than the Tigers.

If CC gets in as a 4 seed, I doubt they would send UND, UMD or UM here to avoid WCHA first round matchup. Also, Denver will be in the mix for a trip to the west region.

I'm with 'Tupa, can't wait for hockey the next few days. No TV feed for game tonight but good chance to get tomorrow's game locally if CC wins.

All you going to the games - ENJOY. Should be another great weekend of college hockey.

You must be in the Springs, I am also and have been to a ton of Tiger games. Their fans drive me up the friggin' wall! Personally I would love to see the Tiggers play UND here to avenge the losses last season, but only if we win! :angry: Up 3-0, lose 5-3. :lol::)

The Sioux have a huge following in CO. Remember last year when the tigger fans were doing the GO TIGERS thing from opposite sides of the arena? Sioux fans were substituting SUCKS for GO. :lol: I definitely think the SUCKS was louder than the GO, but ya know, I was sitting amongst a bunch of Sioux fans.

I don't think the decision to place teams at the WA will come from a ticket selling standpoint as I believe there are only about 200 tickets left.

I don't think CC will make it either though, from what I understand they have to win two of the games at the FF and also get some help from other places on the pairwise. I don't know, I guess it is possible.

Okay I just read that and I really jumped around from subject to subject. Hope you all can follow. I'm just excited about hockey tonight! I've got to make it to Denver and back first though. Damn traffic better cooperate!!

[ Remember last year when the tigger fans were doing the GO TIGERS thing from opposite sides of the arena? Sioux fans were substituting SUCKS for GO. :silly: I definitely think the SUCKS was louder than the GO, but ya know, I was sitting amongst a bunch of Sioux fans.

I do remember that. My best memory is when the Sioux came back to tie the game and then win in overtime. I think it was Karl's senior year. Sioux fans were going crazy. Good luck on the Denver commute. My wife makes it every day and sometimes it can really suck. Shouldn't be bad tonight with everyone calling in sick watching March Madness.

I'm going to try to make it, but if I can't...I noticed that NESN has the games from Colorado Springs. I have the Fox Sports pack with DTV, luckily college hockey isn't blacked out!

College Hockey

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NESN Mar 26 09:30pm

Series/Sports, 180 Mins.

"NCAA West Regional, Second Semifinal: Teams TBA"

From Colorado Springs, Colo.

Original Airdate: March 26, 2004.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Future Airings:

College Hockey, NESN Mar 27 02:00pm

College Hockey, NESN Mar 27 08:00pm

College Hockey, NESN Mar 28 02:00pm

No question, Denver is not the same without James and I think the Sioux would breeze.

IF I am not mistaken I thought Connor James won an award to being the All Academic player or something to that effect. The beer blured my vision...

Are you sure you weren't drinking the hair tonic when you made this prediction?

Allright, I was wrong, But the good news is that I woke up with a full head of hair this morning. So that still makes me wrong on just one prediction.

LET'S GO SIOUX.