SiouxSports.com Forum

NoiseInsideMyHead

Nothing to see here...........just another pacifier sucking, sky is falling professor embedded within our public university educational system.

"Already-stressed"? I thought the stress was gone when UND became the F-n Hawks? 

I at least hope she has unlimited calling with her cell phone carrier............. 

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Nothing to see here...........just another pacifier sucking, sky is falling professor embedded within our public university educational system.

"Already-stressed"? I thought the stress was gone when UND became the F-n Hawks? 

I at least hope she has unlimited calling with her cell phone carrier............. 

You don't even need a paid plan. A deactivated cell phone can be used. You'd might be shocked by the number of wasted resources from calls to 911 like this. Same ones that pay for these resources pay for this professor's salary though so all is well!

17 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

Never fear, the letter writer and her equally elitist-crust hubby have one foot in the Twin Cities already and will be gone from UND by semester's end. Nothing to see here, and Good riddance. 

I'm sure someone in Rep. Keith Ellison's district will gladly open up their house for her.

38 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

Never fear, the letter writer and her equally elitist-crust hubby have one foot in the Twin Cities already and will be gone from UND by semester's end. Nothing to see here, and Good riddance. 

It appears her husband is a 3L student, so she will likely stick around one more year.  I guess he hasn't learned abusing 911 is a crime. 

At a UND football game last year the ROTC was tossing toy hand grenades into the crowd, when you pulled the string it vibrated. I caught one and gave it to the kid sitting behind me - but I was just waiting for a letter of outrage in the paper the following week. In hindsight it probably wasn't that great of an idea i'm guessing there is a box of them gathering dust someone once a liberal administrator found out about them. 

7 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Wait a minute:

It's already highly inappropriate to conduct unnecessary military maneuvers in the middle of the quad. But with school shootings on the increase and tensions at UND running high, it's especially irresponsible.

We're already under financial and emotional attack. We don't need to feel under physical attack, too.

With school shootings on the increase, wouldn't you want your law enforcement and military to be practicing for these situations?

• Upvote 2

A statement and an observation:

If she really is interested in her and her student's safety, has she done anything to get rid of the "no carry" laws of North Dakota when it comes to public buildings (see: campuses). Some call them "gun free zone"; bad people call them "no resistance zones". If she's concerned she'd get training, and after getting the laws changed, would carry legally to protect herself in event of her "immediate fear of great bodily harm or death" as she must've felt as she took cover and called for assistance.  :silly:

If she's "Betty Page", I'm Bradley Cooper.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

A statement and an observation:

If she really is interested in her and her student's safety, has she done anything to get rid of the "no carry" laws of North Dakota when it comes to public buildings (see: campuses). Some call them "gun free zone"; bad people call them "no resistance zones". If she's concerned she'd get training, and after getting the laws changed, would carry legally to protect herself in event of her "immediate fear of great bodily harm or death" as she must've felt as she took cover and called for assistance.  :silly:

If she's "Betty Page", I'm Bradley Cooper.

Would you really want her carrying anything beyond a Nerf gun?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, UNDvince97-01 said:

The final sentence of the article:

"Czerwiec is an associate professor of English at UND."

That part absolutely shocked me.....;)

Read her About on that website.  Talk about somebody you don't want to have a beer with, yeesh.

Academia lives in a different world than the rest of us.

• Upvote 2

... female identity through the figure of elusive 1950s pinup Bettie Page, whose own identity was a series of costumes.

No. No. No. NO!

Bettie Page was objectified by a paternalistic, patriarchal, misogynistic society. To try to identify with that over-simplified, two-dimensional view of the complex feminine identity shows submission to the hegemony. 

The preceding was The Sicatoka's translation of "Bettie Page? What? Really? You want to be compared to a '50s pin-up? That's how you want people to view you? Pretty shallow." into the language of academia. 

6 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

No. No. No. NO!

Bettie Page was objectified by a paternalistic, patriarchal, misogynistic society. To try to identify with that over-simplified, two-dimensional view of the complex feminine identity shows submission to the hegemony. 

The preceding was The Sicatoka's translation of "Bettie Page? What? Really? You want to be compared to a '50s pin-up? That's how you want people to view you? Pretty shallow." into the language of academia. 

Bette Davis > Bettie Page