SiouxSports.com Forum

Q & Crandall Voting

UND Fan

Is everyone aware of the voting that is taking place for mid-major Player of the Year and Freshman of the Year?  

Here is where you vote for Q:

http://collegecourtreport.com/award-season/mid-major-player-of-the-year-fan-vote/

Crandall:

http://collegecourtreport.com/award-season/mid-major-freshman-of-the-year-fan-vote/

Q is leading his head-to-head voting right now but Geno is trailing SDSU's Mike Daum.  Geno needs some help!

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Then actually provide some facts rather than just saying you are objective while spewing your own negative opinions. 

Hypocrisy at its finest. 

Once you finish grade school I will point out to you that any knowledge about basketball is not a prerequisite for voting.  Additionally programs with a larger fan base are more likely to gather more votes.  Therefore being the better player does not mean more votes... Do you feel more stupid about this or more stupid about being wrong about Jones getting fired after this season or last season...I am waiting for your answer GENIUS

• Downvote 4

1 hour ago, hoops44 said:

Once you finish grade school I will point out to you that any knowledge about basketball is not a prerequisite for voting.  Additionally programs with a larger fan base are more likely to gather more votes.  Therefore being the better player does not mean more votes... Do you feel more stupid about this or more stupid about being wrong about Jones getting fired after this season or last season...I am waiting for your answer GENIUS

Again, no statistics or facts to support your claim. For the most part, you simply provided your routine personal attacks.

Jones and UND men's basketball have a crucial game tonight: if they defeat Weber State then I will give Jones some credit for exceeding expectations; otherwise, not sure how defeating Southern Utah and Idaho State - two teams that UND swept in the regular season - classifies as a great post-season accomplishment. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Again, no statistics or facts to support your claim. For the most part, you simply provided your routine personal attacks.

Jones and UND men's basketball have a crucial game tonight: if they defeat Weber State then I will give Jones some credit for exceeding expectations; otherwise, not sure how defeating Southern Utah and Idaho State - two teams that UND swept in the regular season - classifies as a great post-season accomplishment. 

you met my expectations of not answering my very simple question...you have been deemed a hopeless cause and therefore not capable of intellectual discourse and henceforth I can no longer waste my time trying to educate you...see ya!!

• Downvote 5

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 0:59 PM, UND Fan said:

Is everyone aware of the voting that is taking place for mid-major Player of the Year and Freshman of the Year?  

Here is where you vote for Q:

http://collegecourtreport.com/award-season/mid-major-player-of-the-year-fan-vote/

Crandall:

http://collegecourtreport.com/award-season/mid-major-freshman-of-the-year-fan-vote/

Q is leading his head-to-head voting right now but Geno is trailing SDSU's Mike Daum.  Geno needs some help!

Crandall is just a couple of % behind Daum.  Let's get him over the top.

3 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

Crandall is just a couple of % behind Daum.  Let's get him over the top.

But Crandall doesn't deserve to beat Daum. Daum is by far a better and more valuable player than Crandall. Crandall averaged 10 pts, 4 rbs and shot 41% from the field and 30% from the 3-point range. Daum averaged 15 pts, 6 rbs and shot 56% from the field and 45% from 3. If you want to add FT's it is 82% to 73% in favor of Daum. Daum deserves to beat Crandall. 

2 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

But Crandall doesn't deserve to beat Daum. Daum is by far a better and more valuable player than Crandall. Crandall averaged 10 pts, 4 rbs and shot 41% from the field and 30% from the 3-point range. Daum averaged 15 pts, 6 rbs and shot 56% from the field and 45% from 3. If you want to add FT's it is 82% to 73% in favor of Daum. Daum deserves to beat Crandall. 

13 hours ago, dakotadan said:

UND fans on a UND fan site voting for a UND player... Unbelievable. 

That is how you get 8 KC Royals starting in an All Star game and the rules have to be changed. It is just a stupid when NDSU fans encourage going on some ESPN website and voting for the best fan base/game experience or whatever the poll of the day is. Let the awards be given out by impartial writers or coaches. Not saying it is just a UND thing, just saying encouraging someone to vote for someone just because you are a fan of their team is wrong.

Ignore the troll - Crandall has moved ahead by a couple of votes. Today is the last day of voting in this round so let's all place another vote for both Q and Geno. You can vote once per day. Q doesn't have a huge lead so he could use some help, too!  

15 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

Ignore the troll - Crandall has moved ahead by a couple of votes. Today is the last day of voting in this round so let's all place another vote for both Q and Geno. You can vote once per day. Q doesn't have a huge lead so he could use some help, too!  

Then maybe this should be in the Fire Jones thread. If you have the best freshman and the best player in the country and end up 18-15(or whatever it is) playing a Big Sky schedule, you are GREATLY underachieving. 

20 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

Not saying Daum isn't good, because he is, but considering what Crandall has played through, his numbers are pretty impressive for a freshman guard. 

Not that it matters because it's an Internet fan vote, not sure why an NDSU fan is in a UND fan site defending an SDSU player. 

2 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Not saying Daum isn't good, because he is, but considering what Crandall has played through, his numbers are pretty impressive for a freshman guard. 

Not that it matters because it's an Internet fan vote, not sure why an NDSU fan is in a UND fan site defending an SDSU player. 

Not defending any player. Just think if you are voting for the better player who they play for shouldn't come into play. I would vote for Daum over any NDSU freshman also because he is clearly better. Why not vote for Jones for Mid Major coach of the year. He isn't the best coach but he does coach at UND. Shouldn't you vote for him? This is after all a UND fan site.